There are plenty of Gatlinburg vacation deals to go around - you just have to know where to look! Gatlinburg is located right on the edge of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, and is home to all sorts of one-of-a-kind family attractions, making it a "must visit" for all ages. Fortunately, whether you love live entertainment, good food, the Great Outdoors, mini golf, or all of the above, you can enjoy it all on a budget in Gatlinburg. In addition to booking a cheap Gatlinburg cabin, you can also take advantage of cheap (and even free) attractions and cheap restaurants. Arm yourself with some insider knowledge on scoring Gatlinburg vacation deals, and you'll be saving money while other less careful travelers are waisting it.
Cheap Gatlinburg Attractions
Although Gatlinburg is a great idea for any type of traveler - nature lovers, seniors looking for a relaxing getaway, or couples looking for some romantic mountain views - it has major appeal for families and groups. That means a lot of its attractions are refreshingly wallet-friendly. Here's a list of some of Gatlinburg's favorite, and most affordable attractions.
- Hollywood Star Cars Musuem: $12.99 for adults ($10.99 online)
- Mynatt Park: Located on Historic Nature Trail Road, you can play basketball or tennis, or just soak up the scenery here (for free)
- Great Smoky Mountain National Park: Enjoy everything from nature hikes to scenic bike rides to mountain climbs at this amazing national park - for free!
- Ripley's Believe It or Not: Check out one or more of the famous Ripley's attractions, including the Aquarium, "Odditorium," 3D Moving Theater, Haunted Adventure, Guiness World Records Museum, and the Marvelous Mirror Maze. While tickets aren't dirt cheap, if you purchase a combo ticket, you can save some cash.
- Gatlinburg Trolley: See the sights and also get around town for as little as 50 cents. If you're visiting Gatlinburg in November or December, don't miss out on the Winter Magic Trolley Ride of Lights.
- The Salt and Pepper Shaker Musuem: $3 for adults
- Get a bird's eye view of Gatlinburg: Ride the Sky Lift for $13 or ride the glass elevator to the top of the Gatlinburg Space Needle for just $8.50
- Smoky Mountain Winery: Free wine tastings!
- Ober Gatlinburg: For just $20, you can enjoy the Alpine Slide, Scenic Chairlift, Kiddie Land, Kiddie Train, Chair Swing, and Carousel
Cheap Gatlinburg Dining
What's great about Gatlinburg vacation home rentals is you'll often have a big kitchen and dining area. While it's fun to eat out, slow the pace of your vacation by dining in a night or two. Everyone can chip in and help put together a homecooked meal and then bond over it at the dining table (or even outside on the patio). You'll save a lot of money in the process. Besides dining in at your cabin, here are some of Gatlinburg's more affordable restaurants:
- The Pancake Pantry: local favorite for breakfast
- Mountain Lodge Restaurant: breakfast, lunch, and dinner classics
- The Cabin Cafe: great for sandwiches and salads
- Mountain Edge Grill: hamburgers and hot dogs
Cheap Gatlinburg Cabins
When you save money on your Gatlinburg accommodations, you end up having a bunch leftover to actually enjoy your vacation. What's great about vacation rentals is they offer up more space and amenities than hotels, but at the same rate or less. Book one spacious, affordable, and even luxurious cabin rental instead of booking multiple, cramped hotel rooms! You can also check out all our last minute deals and special offers to save even more money.
More Money-Saving Tips
Besides saving on accommodations and attractions in Gatlinburg, there are some additional ways to save:
- Gatlinburg is a convenient drive-to destination. Plan your route carefully so you don't waste gas!
- Visit Gatlinburg during spring or fall when the kids are in school, or on weekdays and non holidays and you can take advantage of great off-season deals
- Since Gatlinburg is home to so many family-friendly attractions, narrow down the list together before your visit. Choose attractions everyone will love instead of splitting up and going to them all!