Replace noisy Los Angeles with sunny Southern California, specifically Laguna Beach, a beach resort town known for its views and the many artists who live by them. Oh, and the Beach Boys also sung about it in "Surfin' Safari." Laguna Beach vacation deals make a visit to this sophisticated, yet laid-back seaside community as affordable as it is fun.
View Laguna Beach Vacation Deals in a larger map
Kicking it by the ocean is the main idea here, and it's a pretty cheap idea, too. However, Laguna Beach has more up its sleeves than just waterfront fun:
On the Beach
- Laguna Beach Lifeguard Tower, 107 S Coast Hwy, Main Beach, Laguna Beach —This cute, humble lifeguard station has been photographed countless times, making it a favorite local landmark.
- Thousand Steps Beach, 31972 Pacific Coast Highway, Laguna Beach — A canopy of trees hangs over the stairs that lead to this stunning beach. The cliffs overlooking Thousand Steps Beach are home to green forests and beach cottages.
- Corona del Mar, 3100 Ocean Boulevard, Newport Beach — Looking for some peace and quiet? If you're willing to make the effort and wind your way through the rocky terrain, you'll be rewarded with lots of privacy here. What to do with all that privacy? Watch the sea lions, explore the coves, or enjoy a picnic.
- Crystal Cove State Park, 871 North Coast Highway, Laguna Beach — This is a favorite location for mountain bikers, horseback riders, surfers and scuba divers, thanks to the beautiful woodland surroundings and the underwater surprises. But you can simply wade in gentle tide pools and people watch, too.
- Heisler Park, 375 Cliff Dr, Laguna Beach — With picnic tables, barbecue grills, bathrooms, showers, and great diving, this beach is as fun as it is convenient.
Off the Beach
- Heavenly Couture, 252 Forest Avenue, Laguna Beach — This shop is full of big discounts on trendy women’s clothes.
- Pacific Marine Mammal Center, 20612 Laguna canyon Road, Laguna Beach — This animal rescue center is home to sea lions and other marine life, and you can give them a visit for free. However, donations are highly recommended.
- Laguna Art Museum, 307 Cliff Drive Laguna Beach — This gallery features art made in the 1800s up to today, and has many works inspired by California or made by California artists. You never really know what to expect, though, as there's always a new exhibition.
- Hortense Miller Garden, 22511 Allview Terrace, Laguna Beach —This 1950s home shows off the vibrant and varied flowers, plants and trees that can be grown in Southern California, and you can see it all for free (donations are welcome, though).
These affordable restaurants will get you out on the town and exploring new flavors.
Lunch & Dinner
- The Rooftop Lounge, 1289 S Coast Highway, Laguna Beach — Waterfront, rooftop... with those views, you could manage without great food. Fortunately this famed lunch spot delivers on that front, too.
- Husky Boy Burgers, 802 N Pacific Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach — It's one of the last drive-ins in America, but that's not the only thing unique about this burger spot: they also do breakfast, and the burgers are served with pastrami.
- Wahoo's Fish Tacos, 1133 Pacific Coast Highway, Laguna Beach — Brazil, Asia, and Mexico can all be tasted in the fish tacos and burritos served at this popular chain.
- Gelato Paradiso, 448 S Coast Highway, Laguna Beach — Known region-wide for its gelato, Gelato Paradiso is located on the charming Peppertree Lane walkway.
- C’est La Vie, 373 So. Coast Highway, Laguna Beach — For another European treat, C’est La Vie offers excellent French cuisine with an ocean view for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert (emphasis on the dessert part).
- A family dinner, or relaxing movie/dessert combo - dining in at your Laguna Beach vacation rental may be more fun than you think. Spend quality time with family or friends, wthout spending much money, over the dinner table.
A vacation rental will give you the privacy and amenities you need for a fantastic trip. Enjoy a full kitchen, spacious living room, and several bedrooms with these Laguna Beach vacation deals.
An ocean view condo offers the beautiful view of Main Beach in the center of Laguna Beach’s restaurants and shops. Enjoy an evening sunset on your balcony and then head down to the street for cocktails, dessert, or an evening walk.
One of the most popular rentals for Laguna Beach, a rental cottage can range from an intimate one-bedroom to a family escape that can sleep over seven guests.
Besides sticking to the cheapest Laguna Beach attractions and restaurants, there are more Laguna Beach vacation deals to be had:
- Make sure you know the public transportation routes, like trains into Los Angeles, and trolleys that will take you from your Laguna Beach vacation rental to the center of town. You'll save on cab fare and rental car gas as a result.
- Tourism peaks whenever kids are out of school and during the winter months, so you can also save the most money and avoid the most crowds by visiting Laguna Beach in the low season. Fall and late winter or early spring are the best times to plan a cheap Laguna Beach vacation.
- Pack along snacks and bottled water while you're out and about, so you're not stranded for these "must have" items and have to overpay for them.