Although Palm Springs is a favorite tourist spot, a visit to the city doesn't have to break the bank. With Palm Springs vacation deals on everything from restaurants to attractions to accommodations, you can experience the vacation of a lifetime without spending your life savings. Check out this guide to visiting this California desert hot spot on a budget:
View Palm Springs Vacation Deals in a larger map
Cheap Palm Springs Attractions
For plenty of fun at a fair price, consider adding these "Must Dos" to your itinerary:
- Araby Trail — The exquisite mountain scenery makes this Palm Springs area a favorite hiking destination. With warm, hot temperatures year round, most people visit Palm Springs in the winter when it's comfortable enough for hiking, biking, and exploring the scenic mountain trails. At six miles, the Arabay Trail is a great time killer.
- San Jacinto Mountain, west of Palm Springs in the San Bernardino National Forest — Climb up the mountain in the summer or ski up it in the winter.
- Coachella Valley Preserve, Thousand Palms Canyon Road, Desert Hot Springs — Get a taste of the Old West on this 20,000-acre preserve, jampacked with nature trails and beautiful flowers and plants. Donations welcome.
- Moorten Botanical Garden, 1701 S Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs — For just $4, you can take a releaxing tour through this desert garden, home to all kinds of stunning cacti.
- Indian Canyons, 38500 S Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs — Explore ancient ruins and more!
- Palm Springs Art Museum, 101 Museum Dr, Palm Springs — On Thursdays from 4 to 8, admission to this gallery is free and you can look forward to seeing works by none other than Picasso, Andy Warhol, and Ansel Adams.
- Palm Springs Air Museum, 745 N Gene Autry Trail, Palm Springs — $15 is not much of a price to pay to see the World War II-era air crafts housed here. After all, it's one of the world's biggest collections!
Check out these top affordable restaurants for a taste of Palm Springs.
- Nature's Health Food and Cafe, 555 S. Sunrise Way, Palm Springs — Nature's Health Food and Cafe is not only good for you, but is affordable and delicious. Choose from a variety of vegetarian entrees, shakes, stir fry, sandwiches, and other freshly made dishes.
- Cheeky's, 622 North Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs — The menu here changes week to week, because it only features fresh, local ingredients. Sandwiches and burgers are the idea, though.
- Eddie's Frozen Yogurt, 300 East Arena Road, Palm Springs — For a quick daytime or even late-night snack, check out Eddie's Frozen Yogurt.
- Rubio's Fresh Mexican Grill, 5200 E Ramon Rd, Palm Springs — It may be a chain, but the fish tacos here are delish - and cheap.
- Dickie O'Neal's Irish Pub, 2155 N Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs — For beer, and... breakfast? This restaurant is full service, family friendly, and serves up its menu all day. And as you might expect, it's also a great Happy Hour spot.
- Woody's Burgers, 317 N Indian Canyon Dr, Palm Springs — Feel like a burger? Well, what kind of burger? Jalapeno, mushroom, Hawaiin, or plain cheese? Keep it classic or get creative at this dive, which also has a great sandwich selection.
- Cafe Palette, 315 E Arenas Rd, Palm Springs — For all your Italian favorites.
Instead of eating out every meal on your trip to Palm Springs, you can save money by cooking your own meals in your Palm Springs vacation rental.
Saving money on your lodging is one of the best ways to stay within your budget. With plenty of Palm Springs vacation deals available on vacation homes, you can easily find the perfect place for comfort and price. Check out one of Palm Springs vacation homes for a cheap option with plenty of space and amenities, such as a full kitchen for delicious meals. Much more value than a hotel!
Along with money-saving Palm Springs vacation deals, there are several other ways to cut spending while on vacation. Here are a few pointers:
- Make a plan before you head out for the day so you can factor in costs of driving, parking, etc. For example, the Palm Springs Art Museum offers free admission every second Sunday of the month.
- The off season of July and August is a good time to visit, thanks to cheaper rates on airfare and accommodations. The shoulder season of June and September through December can also be affordable.
- When out and about, make sure to pack along bottled water and snacks. That way, you're not out of pocket!