There are many gateways to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park - like Maggie Valley, North Carolina and Gatlinburg, Tennessee, to name a few. If you're on a tight budget, planning your Smoky Mountain vacation can be intimidating. But this guide to Smoky Mountain vacation deals takes out a lot of the guess work and leg work. Find out where to stay and what to do to ensure your mountain getaway is a cheap one!
Besides the knockout views and adrenaline-packed fun that the Great Smoky Mountain National Park offers up, it's also one of the cheapest vacation spots, as most the natural attractions are uber cheap or free. Here's a map view of the top 10 Smoky Mountain attractions
View Top Smoky Mountain Attractions in a larger map
From Tennessee to North Carolina, many Smoky Mountain towns are candidates for your mountain getaway. Whichever town you choose, make sure you don't end up with the "I went over my vacation budget" blues. Here are our city guides to saving money, each featuring a list of the best and cheapest attractions, restaurants, and accommodations, as well as a map for the visual learners:
- Maggie Valley Vacation Deals
- Asheville Vacation Deals
- Bryson City Vacation Deals
- Pigeon Forge Vacation Deals
- Gatlinburg Vacation Deals
Check out our full Smoky Mountain Travel Guide for even more tips on visiting the area.
"Smoky Mountain hotel" just doesn't have a ring to it. But "Smoky Mountain cabin" sure does. A gorgeous mountain town deserves much more than a puny hotel room with a microwave, hair dryer, ironing board, and a view of the parking lot. Smoky Mountain vacation homes range from luxury cabins to lake houses and they offer up a lot more value than hotels. Especially if you vacation with your family or a big group and need more than one bedroom. By choosing a vacation home over a hotel, you can look forward to amenities like private hot tubs and pools, decks with 360-degree mountain views, full kitchens, pet-friendly accommodations, bike rentals, and so much more!
With last minute Smoky Mountain vacation deals, special offers, and cancellations, you can save even more dough. As well, by staying for a week or longer, you can enjoy long-term rates - a much better deal than weeken dor nightly rates.
Browse vacation rentals in the following Smoky Mountain towns:
- Pigeon Forge
- Bryson City
- Maggie Valley
- More Smoky Mountain rentals
While you're here, check out additional tips on booking the best Smoky Mountain cabins.
A Smoky Mountain vacation is one of the cheaper vacations you can plan. That's because it's packed full of cheap and free things to see and do - from river fishing to mountain biking to touring a historic farmstead. However, if you're on a shoestring, consider the following money-saving tips for visiting the area:
- The Great Smoky Mountain National Park has two peak travel seasons - summer and fall, especially October. That means winter and spring are not only quieter times for a visit - but cheaper. Although winter temps can get very cold, there's outdoor adventure in store for you no matter what month you viist, like skiing in the winter and viewing striking wildflowers in the spring.
- If you're visiting the Smoky Mountains, chances are you're going to be out and about exploring. Make sure to pack along items like bottled water, snacks, and umbrellas so you're not stranded and forced to spend money out of pocket.
- With a Smoky Mountain cabin, you'll have a full kitchen and dining area, so you don't have to dine out the whole time. Cooking a handful of your own meals can save you lots of pennies.
- Choose a Smoky Mountain town that you can easily drive to so you can not only save money on gas but avoid paying high airfare costs!
Hopefully you feel prepared for a great and cheap getaway with this guide to Smoky Mountain vacation deals.