Enjoy drama of Maine's rocky coastlines and the peace of the ocean waves in York Beach. Great swimming, must eat seafood, and plenty of York Beach vacation deals makes this place ideal for families, budget seekers, and everyone else, for that matter.
View York Beach Vacation Deals in a larger map
Put your feet in the water, explore the rocky shore, or head inland to the zoo - for cheap.
By the Water
- Long Sands Beach, US Route 1A, York Beach — This classic sandy beach is very swimmable, thanks to summertime lifeguards. Feeling hungry? Head across the street for something to eat.
- Short Sands Beach, US Route 1A, York Beach — Kids will love this beach, and not just for the swimming. There's also a merry-go-round and playground here.
- Cape Neddick Lighthouse, 11 Sohier Park Road, York Beach — Also referred to as "Nubble," this lighthouse is arguably the most photographed lighthouse in Maine. Call about a tour, or set up your own photo shoot.
Just for Fun
- York’s Wild Kingdom, 1 Animal Park Road — The zoo, butterfly garden, amusement park, and a exotic animal collection make this a great afternoon trip at a just $14.75 a ticket. It is also home to the only white tiger in Maine!
- Fun-O-Rama, 7 Beach Street — A visit here can get expensive if you don't know when to call it quits, but for the rest of you, this arcade game mecca is an affordable way to kill some time.
- Jefferds Tavern, Lindsay Rd, York Village — A colonial-era relic, this attraction showcases Georgian architecture and design as well as everyday colonial life. This is one of many historic buildings you can tour in York.
Here are some of the best and cheapest restaurants in York Beach.
- Maine Diner, 2265 Post Road, Wells — Located a little out of the way, this diner is always worth the trip because absolutely everything here tastes wonderful—especially the seafood. Entrees start around $12.
- Goldenrod Diner, 2 Railroad Avenue, York Beach — Having served generations of vacationers, this venue still makes the best taffy in the state and serves ice cream from the soda fountain. Plates are typically around $9.
- Woody’s Brick Oven Pizza, 11 Railroad Avenue, York Beach — This mom-and-pop shop offers excellent NYC-style pizza. It’s a local favorite.
Of course, you can always save money by heading to the local grocery store and cooking a meal right in your vacation rental. It's a great way to have a relaxing and affordable evening in.
Hide away in a secluded oceanfront cottage or settle in the center of the excitement with downtown York apartment. Whatever you decide, you can enjoy the space and savings of York Beach vacation deals.
Long Sands Beach
- When looking for a relaxing and peaceful vacation rental, these houses and condos offer pure sands and waves just steps from your door.
Short Sands Beach
- Go a little inland for these charming houses with tons of personality and a short path to the water. Plenty of oceanfront Short Sands rentals also put the water at the forefront of your mind as well.
- Get away from the traditional beach rental with these stunning cottages. Rocky cliffs and crashing waves complete their romantic feel.
Besides sticking to the cheaper attractions and restaurants in York, there are still more ways to save:
- Enjoy the cool breeze and smell of spring from March to May for a great off-season trip. Likewise, a winter trip ensures York Beach, Maine vacation deals and plenty of seclusion. Enjoy the ocean views from your window or bundle up for a winter walk along the shore in the afternoon.
- Instead of booking a beachfront rental, stay a little farther from the beach (perhaps a short drive) and you'll enjoy much cheaper rental rates!
- Pack along bottled water and snacks as you're out and about on the beach. That way you're not stranded and out-of-pocket if you need a quick drink or bite to eat.