We reserve the right to remove any content contributed to this website by members, travelers or any other user of the website (each a “user”) which does not meet the following guidelines. Traveler reviews, owner responses and any other content submitted by a user are the subjective opinions of the user who posted the content. They are not our opinions and are not endorsed by us. HomeAway has no independent knowledge of and therefore expresses no opinion regarding the accuracy of the content provided by our users.
No user of this website may contribute any content (including, but not limited to property listings, reviews and responses) which violate the following guidelines:
The content must be directly related to its purpose. Examples include:
- Property listing descriptions must relate to the property and information that would be useful to a traveler.
- Reviews of a property must focus on the traveler’s experience renting the property, which will typically focus on the stay but may address other factors relating to the rental process such as inquiries or bookings.
- Content posted in a forum must be relevant to the purpose of the forum and discussion.
- The content must not infringe anyone’s rights, violate the law or otherwise be inappropriate. Examples include:
- Personal information that can be used to identify or contact any person;
- Promotional content that would promote other websites, businesses, services or products unaffiliated with this website;
- Obscene, abusive, discriminatory or illegal content.
- Reviews and responses should not disclose the physical location of the property or the rates charged by the owner or manager.
- Listings and reviews should be objective and accurate.
- Users who post content must have all legal rights to post the content.
- Users cannot post a review to blackmail or attempt to extort owners or travelers for money. The reviews are for the benefit of future travelers, not to allow one party to threaten the other.
To review a property, the traveler must meet the following requirements:
- The traveler reviewing a property must be able to provide evidence that the traveler stayed at the property displayed on the listing (which must be the same property being reviewed).
- The traveler must validate his or her identity or email as requested when submitting the review.
- A review may be written by any member of the rental party.
- Only one member of the rental party for any one stay at a property may write a review.
- A traveler may contact Customer Support if he/she wishes to update or remove their review.
- The traveler must be at least 18 years of age.
- An owner may not review his/her own property.
- A review must be submitted within one year of the date of stay.
- Please note that the content of your review could subject you to liability if a person or business that feels it is defamatory or damages their reputation.
- In the event of legal action pertaining to user contributed content, we will remove the content resolved provided that appropriate documentation and proof is provided to us. Such content may be restored if the matter is resolved against the complaining party. Contact Customer Support if you have commenced such a legal action and want to request that we remove the user contributed content.
If you see a review or response that does not conform to the above guidelines, please contact Customer Support. We will investigate reported abuse and immediately remove reviews or responses that we find are in violation of our guidelines.
These Content Guidelines were last updated on February 4, 2014.