House, 2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, (Sleeps 2-4)
FOR MORE PHOTOS, DETAILED DESCRIPTIONS, AND CLIENT REVIEWS, PLEASE VISIT OUR OFFICIAL riverhouseneworleans WEBSITE BY CLICKING ON THE LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE (UNDER 'LINKS TO MORE INFORMATION').
Whether you’re a couple looking for a private getaway or a family looking to spread out in your own fully equipped residence, this luxurious antebellum mansion is designed to delight your senses and meet your needs. Located on an historic, tree-lined street just three blocks from the French Quarter, River House offers luxury accommodations on par with those found in fine hotels, but in the practical and more personal setting of an ideally situated independent residence.
Tastefully designed with high quality furnishings and fine antiques, each one of River House’s three floors comprises a private, generously appointed vacation accommodation in its own right, while also offering the flexibility of being combined with one or both of the other floors for larger groups and extended stays. Completing the picture are a 500-square-foot westward-facing balcony, with original cast iron and spectacular cityscape views, and lush gardens surrounding the entire “compound” with swimming pool.
* Fully licensed by the City of New Orleans as a guest house offering two short-term rental units. For longer-term stays, a third unit may be combined to create a “whole house” rental.
* Lovely private courtyards and swimming pool.
* Unlimited wireless high-speed Internet with fully appointed home office centers ('lender' laptops and printers available).
* HD flat-panel plasma TVs and digital cable TV with HBO and Showtime. Home theater/audio surround-sound systems with iPod docking stations and CD players. DVD lending library.
* Freshly ironed, high-thread-count 100% cotton bedding, down pillows, and King-size Serta Perfect Sleeper mattress.
* Lovely terracotta tile kitchenette (1st floor) with nice dinnerware, microwave, dishwasher, and 'easy-reach' fridge with icemaker.
* Selection of coffee makers, including electric drip, French press, and Nespresso Le Cube One-Touch Espresso maker with selection of blends for your personal daily use.
* Immaculate tile bath with antique-style pedestal sinks, Jacuzzi tub (1st floor), plush cotton towels and robes, and l'Occitane en Provence bath amenities. Adjoining walk-in closet with fully stocked laundry/ironing center (1st floor).
* Good residential block and secure building ('service wing' is owner-occupied; ADT system) with separate central heat/AC for each floor, two blocks from Frenchmen Street's trendy clubs and restaurants and three blocks from the French Quarter.
* Concierge, maid, personal shopping, and floral services available.
* The River House Promise: We believe it is important to find the perfect home away from home. In designing River House, our goal was to create the vacation rental accommodations of our dreams--the kind of place we would like to stay in ourselves--a comfortable environment that not only rejuvenates the body but also inspires the mind and nourishes the soul. At the same time, we understand that vacation rental apartments are still a rather unconventional type of lodging, and that traveling can be stressful enough without having to worry whether a place will live up to its promises. So, our promise to you is this: If upon arrival at River House you are not delighted with the home and its amenities, we will refund your reservation in full.
--David and Csaba
FOR MORE PHOTOS, DETAILED DESCRIPTIONS, AND CLIENT REVIEWS, PLEASE VISIT OUR OFFICIAL 'RIVER HOUSE NEW ORLEANS' WEBSITE BY CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW UNDER 'LINKS TO MORE INFORMATION.'
Keywords: Antebellum Home
About the Owner
5 based on 5 traveler reviews
October stay in River House
Do yourself a favour, stay here!
The River House is an Amazing Place
Csaba and David, You have a wonderful place and should feel very proud of how you have set it up you have a great gift for decorating. There isn’t much more I can add, that the other reviews have already said. Your pride of ownership was evident as we found everything necessary to make this a great time. Your nice touches made this memorable. We had absolutely no "glitches" and tried to leave it as we found it. Thanks again for your hospitality and especially for making the process so simple. We will consider returning and bringing friends from Canada next time. Barbara and Mark Whistler Canada
Absolutely worth it!
Travelers: Two, fifty-something married couples; second & 3rd floor apartments
Value: River House would be a bargain at twice the price.
Holy cow what a wonderful place to stay. I'll get to the extraordinary physical appearances of the River House in more detail below. But first, what sets this place apart from any other is its hosts, Csaba and David, who have spared no expense in renovating and decorating the three apartments in their home. The allure of the River House goes above and beyond its luxurious physical attributes. This place is managed by a couple who love what they created and want to share it, and their city with appreciative guests. The River House is not a bed&breakfast. Each apartment is private and secure and is fully self contained with separate bedroom, kitchen, bath, and living areas. Every amenity you'd find in a five star hotel is provided. In fact, our apartment came equipped with a brew-by-the-cup coffee maker and a separate espresso machine. A variety of coffees, teas, sweeteners, muffins, crackers and other snacks were in the cupboard. Our hosts stocked the refrigerators with sodas, water, milk, juice, and even cream cheese for our happy hour. The interior decor of each apartment is unique and ranges from exquisite museum-grade antiques and local memorabilia, to zany mid-Americana kitsch. Their labor of love places an obvious decorating emphasis on their guests' comfort, enjoyment, and amusement. Our 2nd floor apartment was huge. The first and third floor apartments were of similar size or even larger. To top things off, Csaba and David welcome their guests to make use of the home's beautifully landscaped and lighted backyard garden, with fountains, a cabana, and an in-ground swimming pool. While my wife and I have probably experienced at least 1000 hotel nights world-wide, our stay at the River House was by far the most enjoyable.
Activity and Interests
French Quarter, Convention Center, and Casino are all within walking distance.
- US Dollars
- $345-$850/night -- $2,100-$6,000/week, based on level of occupancy.
- Maximum occupancy is 6 adults and 3 children.
- Under 5 persons: 3-night minimum stay. Over 5 persons: Please inquire.
- Please call for availability.
- Rates are higher for special events, which must be prepaid and are non-refundable.
- TO VIEW CHARGE AND CANCELLATION POLICY, PLEASE VISIT OUR OFFICIAL "RIVER HOUSE
- NEW ORLEANS" WEBSITE BY CLICKING ON THE LINK IMMEDIATELY BELOW,
- UNDER "LINKS TO MORE INFORMATION."
- Air Conditioning ...
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Computer Available ...
- Linens Provided ...
- Telephone ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Wireless Internet
- Catering Available
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Dining Area
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool ...
- Private Pool
- jetted tub ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair accessible ...
- health/beauty spa
- live theater
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 2 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- King size beds (2) High quality Serta Perfect Sleeper (firm), Twin or Single Beds (2), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1)
- Deck / Patio
- Guests provide their own meals
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website
- Unlimited Wireless High-Speed Internet; Nespresso One-Touch Espresso Coffee Makers with complimentary 'pods'; 100% Cotton Linens; L'Occitane en Provence Bath Amenties; Central AC/Heat; Security System