House, 5 Bedrooms, 3 Baths, (Sleeps 10-14)
MIN stay = pay for 5 nights, MAX stay is 16 nights. State of Hawaii Business License Tax # W 53955299-01
ASK about our personal web site with 40 pictures of this home, PLUS our index of 200 pictures of Kona town , 80 Pictures & info of Kona Beaches/parks, 70 restaurants with menu prices, plus 300 + pics & maps of Kona shopping & attractions.
Welcome to the Shogun Pool Home: plenty of room in this 5/3 home with a large pool with sun deck for family fun and sun tanning.
You will enjoy the 15 mile shore line view- watch the whales from the dining table. This is a 'mini estate ,' as it is a very private home on a large double lot in one of the more upscale neighborhoods in town.
5 bedrooms (three with kings, one with two twins on the main floor. Main floor has 2 baths). The Lower pool level has the large 5th bedroom guest quarters with a Queen bed, PLUS 5 extra twin floor mattresses, 3rd bath, and kitchenette. Entire home can sleeps up to 14.
Great Location - 5 minutes to the center of town, the best snorkeling spot on the island and famous White Sands beach park.
We love kids –children stay free – free use of cribs, umbrella strollers, highchairs, and car seats on request.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Our Christmas `13 and New Years `14 stay @ the Shogun Home for 7 adults and 3 kids was a special treat to be able to get our 3 families altogether for the special time of year. The Shogun house gave us the room to move around and all sit around the dinner table at the same time. The Shogun home has everything you need from TP to table napkins, two washer and dryers, 3 refrigerators, 3 king & 1 queen size beds, 3 big walk-in showers, and all the supplies you will need in the kitchen, and the remainder of the complete house, lots of beach toys, and a large pool, to top it all off. The large lanai with two BBQ's and two large tables was great for any family meal. The best part of all was the 180 view of the ocean from the home .
The owner also gave us a special treat in that he had a Christmas Tree set up for us and the kids.
Dennis Dec `13 CA
5 based on 3 traveler reviews
Mom's 80th Birthday Celebration!Mom's 80th Birthday Celebration!
The house had ample space for everyone to be together in the dining/living rooms, on the back deck (BBQing), or on the pool deck (swimming/catching rays). It was especially nice to have enough room for people to be together when we wanted to be and to go to our respective "corners" when we just wanted to "get away from it all for some quiet one-on-one" time.
The Shogun House is also within reasonable driving distance for day trips to observe Sea Turtles at the Black Sand Beach, Hawaii National Volcano Park, Hilo, and Hawi.
We would defintely rent the Shogun House again for a group this size. We especially appreciated Mike and his staff working with us after we discovered a mixup in return flights to the mainland and for quickly responding to our needs (wireless passcode/loose cable on one of the TVs).
Amazing for large groups...
Glad you enjoyed your stay; come back again! We are always happy to accommodate infants and toddlers.
- US Dollars Only
- $249-$339 /night. Rates vary based on season, length and number guests. IMPORTANT
- For a safe transaction for both sides by , we require a telephone call before we
- finalize our contract. TERMS just $100 deposit 100 days out- why send more ? Then
- 25% 90 days & 60 days out, with 50% balance 20 days out. No damage deposits
- We live, work, mail and bank in Kona within 4 miles of this home .
- Our maintence man lives within one mile of your home. NO damage deposits . ASK
- about our personal web site with 40 more pic of this home. PLUS 100's of pics-info
- pics of local beaches, pics of restaurants & menu prices, shops and attractions.
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Linens Provided ...
- Parking Off Street ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Wireless Internet
- Cooking Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Ocean View
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 3 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Bathroom 3
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- King size beds (3) 3 upstairs bedrooms have KING size beds., Queen size Beds (1) Downstairs suite has queen bed, Twin or Single Beds (2) One upstairs bedroom has 2 twins. There are also additional twin mattresses available in the downstairs part of the home., Child Beds (1) Extra floor futons available for small children on request., Baby Cribs (3) We have pack-n-play cribs, high chairs, umbrella strollers, and car seats available on request.
- Deck / Patio
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Outdoor Grill
- Equipped like home - beach chairs / towels / mats / boogie boards, laundry soap, kitchen bags and foil, extra tanks for grills, coolers, more. Baby equipment like day cribs, high chairs, and umbrella strollers available on request.