2 Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 4
Our Loft-style Guest House is…
Luxurious and Private;
A Haven of Tranquility, Contemporary Elegance & Chic Serenity in the Heart of Santa Monica;
The Most Beautiful Guest Home you will Find in Santa Monica!
Newly built within the past few years, our loft-style home is a two-story architectural gem. An open, very light & spacious floor plan, carefully appointed furnishings, artwork, amenities and great location provide the perfect surroundings for both the pleasure and business traveler. Decorated with a Zen sensibility, the Loft House has two bedrooms (one is loft-style), a Jacuzzi tub, fully equipped kitchen, outdoor view deck, private enclosed garage with remote control, wireless Internet, premium movie channels, plus many more amenities.
Located within walking distance to the sandy beaches in the heart of Santa Monica, we are also within 1 mile of world class shopping and the hottest bars & restaurants. SCAM ALERT: We do Not advertise on Criag's List!
Private, Enclosed Garage with Remote Control: You will have exclusive use of an enclosed and private two car garage that is opened with a remote control.
Inside the garage is a stackable, frontloading, brand new Washer & Dryer.
You will also find two beach bags, beach chairs and beach towels here for your pleasure.
You may enter the guest house securely from the garage, or your visitors can enter from the sidewalk.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
The following is a review of The Loft House that appears on another vacation-rental website, word for word: "My wife and I and our teenage son (17) spent 8 wonderful nights at the Loft House. I wish there was a higher rating than 5 because this property and the owner (Deborah) fully deserve it. The house is beautifully designed and exceptionally appointed with great style and care. The location is on a quiet residential street close to Santa Monica and Venice/Marina Del Rey. We found it to be a perfect base for looking at colleges for our son. But what sets the Loft House apart is Deborah's amazing attention to detail and her wonderful customer service. She has added so many special touches, including an extensive restaurant binder, a DVD library, sleep masks, fresh ground coffee and even office supplies in the desk!! These touches made us feel that we were staying in a luxurious and chic hotel, but with the wonderful benefits of privacy, space and a gourmet kitchen. I have traveled pretty extensively and I honestly have not come across the perfect combination achieved at the Loft House - a beautiful property and superb customer service. We look forward to returning soon. I recommend the Loft House fully and without hesitation."
Owners Response: Our location is actually in the Heart of Santa Monica! We are walking distance to the Beach with its 22 mile bike/walk/skate path & Main Street with its array of great restaurants (i.e., Wolf Gang Puck), hip boutiques, coffee houses, yoga studios and a weekend farmer's market. We are also less than a 5 minute drive to the famous Santa Monica Pier, Third Street Promenade, Montana Ave. and the Venice Boardwalk.
5 based on 42 traveler reviews
The Loft House is a perfect home away from home!!
A very welcome return to the Loft House
This was our second visit to the Loft House and it felt just like coming home! The Loft House has everything that you could wish for to make your holiday a wonderful experience. Deborah always makes a point of visiting on the day after arrival-very much appreciated for information on our first visit, but just lovely to see her again on our second.
What struck us again on our return was the attention to detail. Deborah ensures that everything is of a high standard. The kitchen and bedrooms are a delight and the roof terrace was used frequently during our sunny fortnight's holiday!
For anyone thinking of going to the Loft House for the first time, Deborah provides masses of information, including local eateries and also supermarkets. We enjoyed resampling the delights of Wholefoods and we would thoroughly recommend M kitchen for excellent food.
As others have stated, the Loft House is ideally situated for reaching the beach-either a short drive or a walk if you're feeling a little more energetic!
We rarely revisit holiday spots but the Loft House tempted us back which says a great deal for Deborah and the standard of her property. Thank you again, Deborah.
NEVER WANTED TO LEAVE - Exceeded our expectations!
Perfect stay in LA
The loft house has everything needed for a comfortable stay and is walking distance to great shopping, dining and the beach. We hired bikes from a shop down the road and cycled from Santa Monica to Venice Beach. The cycling tracks on the beach are fantastic so definitely recommend this way of beach hopping!!
The Loft House is situated in a fairly quite neighbourhood in the heart of Santa Monica. Santa Monica in my opinion has it all, the beach, the shops, the restaurants and a lovely atmosphere. Everywhere felt safe and we had a fab break.
Thank you for a wonderful stay.
Activity and Interests
Our loft-style home is perfectly located and is an ideal base for living in Los Angeles. We are located in the heart of Santa Monica, in a quiet residential area walking distance to the white sandy beaches with its 22 mile walk / bike / rollerblade path. We are also a short walk to Main Street, one of the area's most popular destinations for upscale eateries and hip boutiques. We are within 1 mile of Venice & the Venice Boardwalk (famous for its cast of characters, street vendors & performers), the Santa Monica Pier (complete with a Ferris wheel, 1922 carousel, amusement park & dining), 3rd Street Promenade (movie theaters, Farmer's Markets, terrific shopping, dining & engaging street performers), and Montana Avenue (frequented by affluent Angelinos & celebrities). We are only 20 minutes from LAX, 15 minutes to Beverly HIlls, 25 minutes to either Hollywood, Malibu or Universal Studios, and Disneyland is only a short 45 minutes away.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Property Damage Protection $89
- Cleaning (per week) $150
Primary renter must be at least 25 years of age. Our home is not child-proofed,so renter must assume all responsibility for the safety of any child on or in the property.
- Tourist Attractions
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Hair Dryer
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Wireless Internet
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- unsuitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair inaccessible
- live theater
- theme parks
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horseback riding
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
- whale watching
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- ice skating
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- roller blading
- scuba diving or snorkeling
- surf fishing
- 950 sq. ft.
- 1 Bathroom
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, combination tub/shower, jetted tub
- The bathroom is warm and light, featuring a Jacuzzi Bathtub. The Jacuzzi Bathtub is the perfect place to soak and relax. Dry off with plush Brazilian and 100% Egyptian cotton towels. The handsome black solid granite countertop and clear glass basin add a touch of elegance to the beautiful sink cabinet. You will find ample drawer and cabinet space for your bath essentials. A hair dryer, hand and bath soap are added amenities.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen
- The Downstairs Bedroom emanates a feeling of peace and serenity reminiscent of Southeast Asia. Gaze out your window and you will see a lush, beautiful garden with palm & pepper trees. This bedroom features a low, platform bed, a 6 drawer espresso dresser & an alarm clock radio with MP3 Cradle. Japanese-style sliding doors create privacy from the main living area, adding a Zen sensibility to the room. Dramatic in black and white motif, the Loft Bedroom is sophisticated and chic. This bedroom features a low platform bed, a 24'' HD TV with Premium Movie Channels, an elegant 6-drawer Dresser & espresso desk. Faux fur throw pillows, block cut-out table lamps & sensational art work convey a distinctive design in upscale style. Equipped with Wireless Internet and basic office supplies found inside the two desk drawers. The View Deck is found off this room. Both Bedrooms feature soft 600 thread count, premium, hotel quality bed linens.
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- 4 beach chairs
- Newly built, our guest house is an architectural tour de force, both inside and out. The exterior design is bold, beautiful & contemporary while also blending into the neighborhood's beach cottage vibe. The interior is light, spacious and open with high ceilings, sitting high among the tree tops, creating a tranquil and luxurious haven for your stay. This private retreat is furnished with chic, distinctive furniture and accents that are as comfortable as they are beautiful. The Living Area features a 42'' HD Flat Screen TV and DVD Player & Premium Movie Channels including Showtime, TMC, Starz, Encore, Flix and Sundance, over 200 digital channels and almost 100 music channels. You can also enjoy watching recent Hollywood releases and classic movies from the complimentary DVD collection. Wireless Internet and Free Local and National Phone Calling are also available for your convenience. The Kitchen is Fully Equipped and has all brand new stainless steel appliances.