Fully furnished, all linens, beds throughout! Ready when you walk in the door.
Thank you for looking at our home, located on the Guadalupe River. This massive river haus is ready to take rentals for the summer of 2014!
Five bedrooms. Two full kitchens. Two living areas. River viewing balconies. Four and a half baths. Numerous sleeping arrangements, from multiple bedrooms to sleeper sofas to day beds. Flat screen TVs. WiFi. All linens provided.
We strive to make your rental experience as stress free as possible. All linens are provided. A cleaning fee lets you leave it like a hotel; just pack your things and drive away! Complimentary coffee, paper products, and fully equipped kitchens allow you to bring your food and immediately start your vacation. With our key access boxes, no need to be there at a specific time; YOU decide when your vacation starts with early check in and late afternoon checkouts.
Our home has been designed to be the perfect river house. Lavish furniture, satellite TV, a grill and patio area overlooking the gorgeous Guadalupe River, your vacation and relaxation starts the moment you enter the house. Jump in the river to cool off in the No Wake zone down of the dam, take a pontoon boat to Lake Dunlap, or bring your own water vehicles! We are only a quarter mile from the Public Access Boat Ramp.
Our home is 1.5 miles from Schlitterbahn and the Prince Solms Public Chute. We are 5 miles from historic Gruene, 12 miles from the world famous San Marcos Outlet Mall, and less than 3 miles from Wurstfest and Landa Park! Tube rental facilities are less than a half mile away, or jump right in the river with some of the river floating devices we provide. All you need is your swim suit.
The home has over 3800 sq feet, plenty of room for even the largest of gatherings. We cater to groups of all sizes and orientations, from friends enjoying the river to families reuniting during the summer holidays.
Call 830-643-9298 to reserve this house for your upcoming summer vacation!
great and huge house
About the Owner
4.5 based on 14 traveler reviews
great and huge house
Loved the place and our stay!
After waiting the two weeks for a refund on the damage deposit as outlined int he security agreement, Jonathon came up with a story of damage done to the rental unit. He has never provided any pictures of said damage and refuses to refund the deposit and cleaning fee. Please do not waste your hard earned dollars on this dump!
Great space for a big group.
Huge home, great location!
The place is a little older, so it's not really up to date in terms of kitchen appliances or fixtures, the beds aren't the best beds ever, but we had no issues sleeping on them for sure. The temperature while we were there stayed in the mid to high 80s and we never felt too hot or too cool while in the home. I didn't try all of the showers, but the one I did try was fantastic - warm water and a really powerful stream to wash the river off.
The property was very clean and maintained, and Jonathan was very easy to work with. Everything was just simple and truly a pleasure. It made this leg of our trip very pleasant.
While we stayed here, which was for two nights, we went out to eat in Gruene at The Gristmill and we went dancing at Gruene Hall. The next morning we walked to Schobel's for breakfast which was right around the corner. They had a buffet that was fine, the service was slow, but it did the trick. We floated the Guadalupe one afternoon. We ran up the road to Buc-ee's just to check it out because it's massive. We grabbed some beer and ice there and headed to Rockin' R in Gruene where we rented tubes and coolers. We spent the day on the river then we went to Rudy's for BBQ. After cleaning up at the house, we went back to Gruene Hall for some more dancing. The next morning we grabbed Shipley's Donuts before heading down to San Antonio.
Not far from the house at all there is a Whataburger, Walmart, Big Lots and several other retailers/restaurants. You're really in the heart of everything.
Overall, the stay was excellent and I'd definitely recommend this home to friends and family!
Activity and Interests
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 22 2015 - May 25 2015
4 night minimum stay
May 22 2015 - Sep 7 2015
2 night minimum stay
Jul 2 2015 - Jul 6 2015
5 night minimum stay
Sep 4 2015 - Sep 7 2015
4 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning $250
- Pet Fee $75
- Refundable damage deposit $350
- Tax Rate 13.0%
We accept credit card payments through our portal system. To book a weekend, call 830-643-9298 and make a deposit (refundable up to twenty days prior to your stay) of $695 to book your date. The remaining balance is due 20 days prior to your stay, and can be made by credit card, check, or money order to River City Haus LLC.
Weekly rental rate does NOT apply to Holiday weekends. Weekly rate canNOT be made from Saturday to Saturday.
- Away From It All
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Gas Fireplace
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Paper Towels
- Parking for RV/Boat/Trailer
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Coffee Maker ...
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair accessible
- theme parks
- water parks
- miniature golf
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- 4 Bathrooms,
- 2 Half Baths
- Bathroom 5 - toilet, combination tub/shower, Common area upstairs
- Bathroom 4 - toilet, Common area downstairs
- Bathroom 3 - toilet, combination tub/shower, Attached to small bedroom downstairs
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, combination tub/shower, Attached to Master Bedroom downstairs
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, combination tub/shower, Attached to Master Bedroom upstairs
- Half Bathroom
- 4.5 bath (3 full baths attached to bedrooms, full bath and half bath in common areas)
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 24
- Bedroom 1 - 1 king, 2 double, 1 twin/ single, 1 sleep sofa /futon, Master Upstairs with King and Full sized bunk (not twin)
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen, 1 sleep sofa /futon, Single queen bed, upstairs bedroom #2
- Bedroom 3 - 1 queen, 2 double, 1 sleep sofa /futon, Small bedroom, queen bed, full-sized mattress bunk beds
- Bedroom 4 - 1 queen, 2 double, Master downstairs,with full bath, queen, full-sized bunk
- Bedroom 5 - 1 queen, Private queen room with attached full bath
- Bedroom 1 has a one King, one Twin, and a daybed with a pull out. (5 people) (Upstairs) Bedroom 2 has a one Queen, one Full, and a Full over Full bunkbed with a pull out. (8 people) (Upstairs) Bedroom 3 has two full over full bunkbeds and one Queen (10 people) (Downstairs) Bedroom 4 has a one Queen (2 people) (Downstairs) Optional - 2 Roll aways (2 people)
- Boat Dock
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Porch / Veranda
- 11 garden chairs
- Guests provide their own meals