8 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms, sleep 18 adults + 10 adults or children, total 28
This amazing, newly built house is the 'coolest' house in Santa Teresa. Oozing chic and elegance - it is at the same time very relaxed, comfortable and extremely beautiful. Whether you are having a massage on one of our beach ranchos, relaxing by the pool with an ice-cold drink, snoozing in one of our many hammocks or simply 'being', you are in paradise. Rent all, part or just one room, have a holiday made in heaven or a wedding so perfect, you will remember for the rest of your life. We are right on the beach in front the best Surf on the Northern, most exclusive part of Santa Teresa beach. Our exquisite sunsets are famous. Imagine, a beautifully made up bed with Egyptian cotton linen, cool, quiet A/C, the sound of the Pacific while drifting of to sleep, you are in heaven. Situated on 2,5 hectares of land (about 6 acres) this very charming estate has 150 meters of beachfront and is a few minutes away from FlorBlanca and Milarepa, featured in Voque's Most Exclusive Hotels.
Casa Capitan: This amazing, newly built house is the 'coolest' house in Santa Teresa. Oozing chic and elegance - it is at the same time very relaxed, comfortable and extremely beautiful.
Whether you are having a massage on one of our beach ranchos, relaxing by the pool with an ice-cold drink, snoozing in one of our many hammocks or simply 'being', you are in paradise.
all bedrooms have SuperKing, King or Queen size beds,
all have their own bathrooms
6 overlook beach/pool
2 with garden view,
2 suites have their own private garden,
all have their own private balcony/deck or terrace
Linen: Egyptian Cotton sheets, feather pillows and comfortable, high quality mattresses.
all rooms have A/C,
all have ceiling fans and sliding glass doors to terrace which leads to beach or pool.
We have Security Guard and entrance gates.
We offer utmost privacy and discretion.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
I can't begin to tell you how much our family enjoyed
our recent stay at your beautiful Casa Capitan. The space your have created there is really Special and turned out to be perfect for our group. Between the house and gardens and the
wonderful resting palapa ( I took naps in all three) I don't think I have ever been as rested
on a vacation. Your staff was wonderful and never intrusive to our privacy yet they keep the
property spotless. Jaymie was most helpful in answering questions and making last minute
arrangements for us. We liked it so much everyone wants to return next August.
We are also interested in the Java house for another daughter and her family. We would also look into flying direct rather that stay in San Jose overnight. That would give us more time at the house also.
I know everyone in my family who was at the property wants to return and we are already excited to come back as we all gathered Sunday and were looking at our pictures of your beautiful house and all the wonderful art and gardens you have placed there. It really is quite special as I am sure you are aware. Do you get to stay there often yourself? Also thanks for the referral for the pilot who has contacted me. I will get back to him. It makes total sense for us to fly over next trip to save time.. Again I am sorry it took so long to get back to you but I had an acute case of so much relaxation from Costa Rica it was hard getting back to my regular life again. Casa Capitan is the kind of addiction we all need from time to time in our way too busy lives! Thank you again for providing such a beautiful place to vacation in.
5 based on 18 traveler reviews
AMAZING CASA CAPITAN!!
We had such a wonderful time there. Your house is beautiful!! It was the perfect place for our family to be able to just relax together. Jaymie helped us so much. We couldn't have done it
without her. She really helped set everything up. To the charter flights, excursions, quads, taxi's and she made it all so easy for us. She was wonderful! We took surf lessons, zip lined and did yoga. I have to say using Carmon Air for our charter flights from San Jose made the trip so much easier. They were there waiting at the airport to pick us up and take us all to their airstrip. There was no wait time and they really took care of us. Definitely the way to go! We enjoyed having Davin and Pablo with Canape Catering cook for us. Can't say enough about his delicious food!! It felt like we were at a 5 star resort eating 5 star food. He plated the food beautifully at every meal and served us at the large dining table that held all 16 of us! Having your girls cook us breakfast and Davin for lunch and dinner was a dream. We all can't stop talking about our trip. It was so amazing! We all hope to make it back again. Thanks so much for making it special for us.
"True Pura Vida: The Magnificent Casa Capitan""True Pura Vida: The Magnificent Casa Capitan"
It is quintessentially eco-chic with unparalleled beauty and remarkable attention to detail. Its ability to accomodate 14 people (seemingly effortlessly), including one in a wheelchair, meant there was something for everyone. We surfed, jumped waves, went for long walks on the nearly deserted beach, swam in the beautiful private swimming pool, took a yoga lesson at the private yoga pavilion in front of the ocean (also perfect for a massage), found quiet reading spots in the comfy cabanas, sipped amazing coffee in the many coffee shops, dined in topnotch openair restaurants, danced to live music at a local bar, and each night watched the sun set into the Pacific Ocean. - Ahh, Exhale :) -- We travelled from San Jose by private bus via ferry and endured the bumpy patch to get to Santa Teresa, but it was well worth it! Santa Teresa is distinctly quaint - like an old beach town from a 1970's Hollywood movie, filled with surfers & yoga enthusiasts - yet surprisingly well-suited to anyone in search of a slower pace. I can hardly believe that such a place still exists. One note of caution, however - This is a cash-only town. Every restaurant, tour operator, quad rental or clothing store is generally cash-only. The odd place that isn't, charges a premium. - The atms/Bank also charge a big premium and are not always well-stocked. Gratefully, everyone in town knows the Casa Capitan. At least twice, they let us return the next day for payment. Now, that's a vestige in today's world! One other note, while the property is not entirely wheelchair accessible, it is definitely manageable - thanks to the ingenuity of the management & staff. Mucho Gracias to all who help to make Casa Capitan Pura Vida including Soffi, Ismail, Augustina, Julie and especially the ridiculously talented and gracious, Carlota!
Daughter's Dream WeddingDaughter's Dream Wedding
and we were thrilled her choice. The amenities of the home, with its wonderful pool, isolated
beach and open floor plan were perfect for a relaxing vacation. I would highly recommend this
home. All the photos and description depict the place well.... and being there is even better! The concierges Rachel and Sofia were very helpful and responsive. And the staff was onboard daily keeping up with housekeeping. Rooms were very comfortable and the two suites were magnificent.
We had a coordinator transform the site for the wedding itself and you cannot imagine how magical it was. We had the ceremony on the beach at sunset and cocktails setup there afterwards. The house was lit up and there was a trail of lights walking back. The venue was magical.
I would highly recommend this place if you are interested in a destination Costa Rica wedding.
It is a remote place to travel to, but worth the trip!
relaxing in paradise
1. The size - most other homes were in the 2,000 SF - 3,000 SF range; CC is 6,500+ SF (it made a huge difference)
2. The location - ocean front is a must
3. The amenities - while most homes had pools, very few had such a large common area, kitchen, yoga rancho, and bathrooms attached to every room
The journey to Santa Teresa seemed cumbersome (overnight flight to San Jose, short flight to Tambor, 45 min car ride). However, Carlota's concierge (Rachel) was incredibly kind and responsive and arranged a ride from Tambor to the house (don't bother renting a car; if you need to get around, simply rent an ATV for the week in town). The town itself is unreal. If you're into yoga, surfing and/or eating really good food, this place is paradise. The locals are mostly ex-pats. They're laid back, pleasant, and most speak great English.
When we arrived, it was like our own private oasis. The house is convenient to town and a grocery store, but still feels secluded. If you don't feel secluded enough, a security guard (with dogs) monitors the property 24x7.
We had the opportunity to see a few of the other homes we looked at, and were very happy with our decision. No other home in Santa Teresa can compare with the size of Casa Capitan. Several times during the trip, people from the beach walked up to the pool thinking the house was a resort.
Many thanks again Carlota. You made our vacation memorable. We will definitely be back!
Activity and Interests
We are situated on the Pacific Coastline of the Nicoya Peninsula, where the climate is perfect and highest longevity. The temperature is even all year around, not too hot and not too cold. We have stunning beautiful beaches with pristine white sand, consistent wonderful surf, great International Restaurants, nature reserves,wildlife, snorkeling, fishing, golf, canopy tours, butterfly farms, etc.
Additional information about rental rates
- Gratuity 5.0%
- US$1,600 - US$4,500 per night depending on season, minimum stay 3 - 5 nights, depending on season
- rates for weddings and events. We can host events of 150 people sitting down under one roof and over 300 with seating outside. gratuity required for weddings and events.
- There are 9 further bedrooms should you require in our Guest Houses.
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Parking Off Street
- Parking for RV/Boat/Trailer
- Security System
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Cooler
- Wireless Internet
- 4 Ring Stove
- Catering Available
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Pool Table
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool
- Daily Maid Service
- Private Chef
- Events Allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- children welcome
- pets not allowed
- smoking allowed ...
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible
- health/beauty spa
- rain forests
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- gambling casinos
- horseback riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
- whale watching
- wildlife viewing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- golf privileges optional
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- scuba diving or snorkeling
- surf fishing
- 10000 sq. ft.
- 8 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower, his and her basins
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, shower
- Bathroom 3 - toilet, shower
- Bathroom 4 - toilet, shower
- Bathroom 5 - toilet, shower
- Bathroom 6 - toilet, shower
- Bathroom 7 - toilet, shower, his and her basins
- Bathroom 8 - toilet, shower, his and her basins
- When we designed the bathrooms, our aim was to bring nature and modern amenities together in harmony. We feel we have succeeded in making this happen, thus, creating a wonderful free feeling of being in nature, at the same time having privacy and all the comforts required.
- 8 Bedrooms, Sleeps 20
- Bedroom 1 - 1 king, SuperKing, 4 post
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 3 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 4 - 1 king
- Bedroom 5 - 2 queen, SuperKing
- Bedroom 6 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 7 - 1 king, 4 post
- Bedroom 8 - 2 twin/ single, bunk bed
- All beds are made up with beautiful Egyptian Cotton Linen, have high quality mattresses and feather pillows. Silent A/C and silent ceiling fans throughout. A perfect marriage of Nature and luxurious comforts, the ultimate experience in 'barefoot elegance'.
- Beach Chairs
- Deck / Patio
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Large Cooler
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Porch / Veranda
- Small Cooler
- Unscreened Porch / Veranda
- Walkway to Water
- Water Sports Gear ...
- 24 garden chairs
- 8 beach chairs
- Guests provide their own meals
- Casa Capitan is the largest beach house in Santa Teresa, measuring 1,000 sq.m. (approx 10,000 sq.ft.) whilst still maintaining an intimate coziness. Living room measures 240 sq.m. approx. 2,400 sq.f..Around the pool is a large deck and 2 'Ranchos' (day beds with straw roof) for relaxing, reading, snoozing, socializing or simply a place where you can have a nice cold drink after a hard day's sunbathing or surfing. Hammocks hang here and there. Outdoor showers and footbaths are here and there. Integrated speakers and projector with large screen for movies. Polished limestone floors with hardwood inlay throughout, some bedrooms have hardwood floor Gourmet kitchen (Viking),doors in beautiful hardwood, blender, juicer, coffeemaker and French Press. We have horses, unlimited fresh coconut water for your pleasure. Howler monkeys visit bringing their babies to eat from our fruit trees, loads of iguanas, wonderful bird life. daily housekeeping, 3 caretakers live on land.