House, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2.5+ Baths, (Sleeps 4-6)
This stunning, architecturally designed three story Mediterranean style villa sits on two hundred feet of beach three miles from Placencia village. The 4000 square foot home has two spacious bedrooms, each with full bath and bidets. The master bedroom on the second floor has a king bed and bathroom with an old fashioned cast iron tub, as well as an outdoor shower on a private small terrace facing the sea. The beach level bedroom has a king bed that can be separated into two singles, and a full bathroom. Both have bidets and face the sea. The huge flat roof top with furniture is an alluring feature for al fresco dining; watching the sunrise over the sea, the sunset over the lagoon and Maya Mountains; star gazing at night.
Casa Netunno sits on twelve secluded wooded acres from sea to lagoon with a caretaker living on property to attend to your needs. A living room, furnished outdoor verandah and kitchen are on the second floor and the fully equipped kitchen reflects Franco’s culinary vocation.
Casa Nettuno is comfortably furnished with high ceilings and is tastefully decorated with objects d’art collected during the couple’s world travels. Amenities include cable TV, DVD and a library for each; wireless internet, ceiling fans in each room, A/C in both bedrooms, bikes and kayak rentals within walking distance from the house. The perimeter is walled and gated for your privacy.
Placencia Village is quaint with many fine and good restaurants, bars, shops, markets and friendly people. The Placencia peninsula boasts the best beaches in Belize, as well as some of the finest diving, snorkeling, fishing and sailing along our 190 mile barrier reef, the largest in the Western Hemisphere. Mainland rainforest is a short drive from Casa Nettuno featuring the world’s only Jaguar Preserve with hiking trails, wildlife, great birding, river trips, and waterfalls; Mayan sites and caves with artifacts; culturally diverse communities comprised of Mayan, Garifuna, Creole, East Indian, Spanish, Mennonites, North Americans and Europeans.
Belize is Central America’s only English speaking democratic country and a short two hour flight from the US. Belize is the size of Massachusetts with a population of 300,000 people. Placencia is serviced by commuter flights from the International Airport or is a two and a half hour picturesque drive through jungle covered mountains, villages, citrus and banana plantations. You can rent a car or golf cart in Placencia to move around and explore. We can create a custom designed vacation for you including domestic travel, tours and visiting other equally fascinating areas of Belize.
Absolutely Loved it!
Loved this home!
About the Owner
The owners visited Belize in 1988 and fell in love with the country’s natural beauty, abundant rainforest, low population density and the variety of languages and ethnicities, each with their own distinct culture. The couple moved to Placencia in 1994 to pursue a carrier in hospitality and explore their passion for cooking. Placencia has been their home for the last 17 years. They split their time between Placencia and the Cayo district in western Belize. The beach house is now available for rent.
4.9 based on 10 traveler reviews
Absolutely Loved it!
Loved this home!
We did a day of snorkeling through Splash, out to Gladden Spit to try to spot some whale sharks (they eluded us that day!) The sea was a bit choppy for snorkeling, but the lunch served onboard and the boat crew were all wonderful. We had a nice time swimming and relaxing in between snorkeling. Not sure it was really worth the price of $200 per person, especially since we did not see any whale sharks and did not see a really big variety of fish while snorkeling. In truth, both my son and I got a bit seasick. My husband really enjoyed his time on the water.
Another day we did a Monkey River tour set up by Robert's Grove that was actually a lot of fun for us. We enjoyed talking with our guide,Terry, who lives in the Monkey River village and we loved the simple but delicious lunch served at the village restaurant. We loved the walk in the rainforest and saw MANY howler monkeys while on the hike. The price for the tour seemed like a real bargain for the amount of enjoyment we got out of it. We loved the house and its beach. Ignacio and Jennifer were both wonderful. We will come back!
1st class accommodations in Placencia
Best VRBO - Casa Nettuno - Placencia, Peninsula, Belize
- THIS is the place to rent. Cannot say enough good things about it. The pictures on the website, do not demonstrate that you are truly right on a fantastic private beach. Ignacio, cleans the beach every morning, Jen looks after the house and Laundry if you ask. Perfect. The beach right in front of Casa Nettuno is second to NO other beach we visited. This house is not very old at all, and is in perfect clean condition. Very well maintained. Travel Agent Katie Valk was very helpful in answering all questions. Best VRBO value we have came across. Would recommend to best friends and family for sure. The Location of Casa Nettuno for us was perfect, not too close to Placencia, and not too far away. We even bought fresh caught fish from the local fisherman and cooked up in the gourmet kitchen.
- We rented a Golf Cart the whole time we were there (would recommend, but not required). The Village of Placencia (farthest point mile marker 24) is 3 miles South. Casa Nettuno is between mile markers 20 and 21 across from Wild Orchid. With a new Sports Bar called the Flying Pig being built close by.
- Roberts Grove (hotel) just down the road, and Turtle Inn just south of the airport. Village of Siene Bite is just a few minutes north via Golf Cart (pronounce Sane Bite), with grocery store as well.
- The Village of Placencia itself, is not developed, no large hotels (yet), just a pleasant small fishing village, worth visiting. Friendly sincere locals (and not just friendly to take your money). Plenty of grocery stores, and restaurants to dine at. Tours and possible activities are endless.
- Several places to rent cars and golf carts.
- Avadon SCUBA diving and snorkeling was fantastic would recommend to everyone. Dove at the Blue Hole – WOW …. I can take that off my bucket list. Did the Zip Line at the Mayflower, Rented Horses at Outback Riders (not for beginners, we are not), Rode inner tubes down a relaxing river, visited the Village of Dangria, hiked to waterfalls through the jungle, Had a fantastic time.
- This vacation REALLY worked out well for us, with a large credit going to Casa Nettuno. Katie Valk, was our travel agent, whom without, our experiences, may have been second best.
The best part of the house is having Jennifer, the daily mate (maid). She made some awesome dishes for us and would prepare our fruit and even made us a tea from leaves from a local plant. She was wonderful. The village of Placencia was great. Layed back, meet locals, and tourist alike at the some of the local handouts. We would go to the local fish market to get some fresh catches of the day. The one point to bring out is that it stated there was a BBQ grill, but there was none around. We drove down from Belize City, nice but next time we will fly to Placencia, airport is 5 minutes away from here.
WE WILL come back here. We enjoyed the relaxation so much we did not even get out to the reef.
Activity and Interests
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Tax Rate 9.0%
50% Payment due at time of booking.Balance 45 days before arrival;
Full refund minus 10% if cancellation received 30 days before expected arrival.;
No refund thereafter.;
$200-333/nt $1200-$2000/wk US Dollars
Low Season (May 1st - Dec 18th) $200 (4 Nights Minimum) $1200/week;
High Season (Dec 19th - April 31st) $333 night (4 Night Minimum) .. $2000/week;
An additional 9% Tourism Tax will be added to your bill.;
Dates Available: Year Round
- Air Conditioning ...
- Covered Parking
- Linens Provided
- Mobile Phone
- Parking Off Street
- Parking for RV/Boat/Trailer
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Cooking Utensils ...
- Ice Maker
- Kitchen ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Dining Area
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Video Library
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- non smoking only
- Mountain View
- health/beauty spa
- horseback riding
- sight seeing
- wildlife viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 2 Bathrooms,
- 1 Half Bath
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Convertible bed(s)
- King size beds (2) One of the beds can be separated into two singles., Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) Convertible sofa in living room. Both bedrooms have A/C units.
- Deck / Patio ...
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- Housekeeper, maintenance person, bikes on premises.