House, 8 Bedrooms, 8 Baths, (Sleeps 18-20)
This beautiful home is a 'second row' home with floor to ceiling windows facing the ocean and is directly across from the beach. The home’s front porch and two balconies allow views of the ocean.
The home features eight bedrooms: four master suites with king beds, one junior suite with a queen bed, two rooms have two twin beds each, and the eighth room has a queen bed and two twin beds. All of the master suites have walk-in showers, TVs, and abundant closet space. Two of the master suites also have jetted tubs.
The first floor’s open plan starts with a large, bright open foyer with floor to ceiling window. Directly to the right is the main living room. If you walk through the dining room, you will enter a 'wing' of the house that contains two of the four master bedrooms.
Also off the living room is a gourmet kitchen featuring a new stainless steel Viking cook top, two dishwashers, and plentiful custom cabinetry. The kitchen also features a wine cooler and a double oven.
The adjoining dining room seats 10 people comfortably with stools to seat additional people at the two 'bars' encircling the kitchen on either end. From the dining room, you can go directly to the enclosed deck that overlooks the large pool and hot tub. The enclosed, screened-in deck, which has two fans overhead, also features an over-sized picnic table which seats at least 12 people. This enclosed deck leads to an open air deck with a table for five and a gas grill – perfect for your barbeque.
On the other side of the dining room is the laundry room, and a full sized bathroom. As you complete the circle back to the main foyer, are two additional bedrooms joined by a “jack and jill” bathroom. Each of these rooms has two twin beds.
Off the foyer are the open stairs to the second floor. At the top of the stairs is the first bedroom with a queen-sized bed and an unattached bath and a second bedroom with is a master suite. As you continue on the second floor you enter the open loft which overlooks the kitchen and the living room. The loft contains an entertainment center with a TV, stereo system (plays to the outdoor speakers),a seating area and the queen-sized sleeper sofa. On the other side of the loft is the second upstairs Master Suite and the bedroom with the Queen and two Twin beds, TV, and private bath.
The ground floor has a deck with table tennis, bar with barstools, microwave, refrigerator, and a flat-screen TV. It also contains a 2 car garage and storage space for beach equipment and golf clubs.
The pool can be accessed from the ground floor through the deck area or from the steps leading from the outside deck upstairs. The pool is a free-flowing pool with an attached hot-tub. There is also a traditional brick fireplace and grill pool side that is the perfect place for an evening fire or outdoor barbecue.
An outdoor shower with hot and cold water is the perfect way to wash off after a day at the beach. There are two ways to get to the beach from our home, directly via the path leading from our pool at the back of our house, or via the path at the center of Brigantine from the front of the house. Either is a short walk to the beautiful beaches of Palmetto Dunes.
Keywords: Palmetto Dunes, Private Home, Second Row, Family Reunion, Bright, Spacious, Large Pool, Ocean View
Great Golf Weekend House
About the Owner
4.4 based on 8 traveler reviews
Great Golf Weekend House
Upon arrival it was dirty including:
- Garages cobwebs and floors unswept
-Garbage bag full of trash under the tiki bar
- Side of house garbage cans overflowing trash and animals had torn into it, broken tent frame left behind, other junked items scattered about
- Front porch had sand and broken beach chairs
- One shower was poorly cleaned with mildew left behind
- Vomit on one of master bedrooms carpet floor (confirmed vomit by cleaners who we requested to come back on day two to finish cleaning the hosue and address these issues)
- Smoke detector in bedroom dangling by wires from ceiling
- Dining area flooring poorly installed or coming apart with gaps between end of faux wood planks
- Very limited seating for "sleeping" 20
- Technology is poor in this house. TVs are the old large box versions or flat screen with no HDMI cables
-Wi-Fi is horrible. Dial up speeds. Nothing could be done to improve this
- Cable TV reception was going in and out reception wise making the sound and picture "stutter"
-The pool cleaning guy turned off the gas to the stove top. Took maintenance two days to figure out. Very disappointing b/c we do a lot of great cooking during these trips.
- One Ceiling fan on porch was missing a fan blade
- Missing remote for one of the TVs.
-Four of the beds were broken and coming apart where the headboards meet the railings. One of the Kings in a master bedroom collapsed just sitting on it and they all squeaked very loudly
- One master bedroom door was coming off hinges falling down
- A couple of the bathroom doors wouldn't shut without lifting and pulling hard
- No locks on many of the bathroom doors.
- One bedroom door sticks and putting a shoulder into it is required to get it to open
-There is a vacant lot across the street but there is no view of the ocean due to the trees and foilage...which is nice but wasn't what we expected. HHI is a very green area and this is great
- Carpets were extremely worn and dirty from high traffic. Again...Poor maintenance.
- We were told by cleaners they had renters the previous week who were extremely messy and "trashed" the house. Well, so we suffer b/c of that? How about a discount?
- Emailed the owner to inform them of the house's condition. No response yet. It's been five days as of this posting.
Wonderful Spring Break
Great family vacation!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Feb 28 2015 - May 29 2015
3 night minimum stay
May 30 2015 - Aug 22 2015
7 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Property Damage Protection $99.00
- Tax Rate 10.0%
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Garage ...
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet ...
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishwasher ...
- Ice Maker
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable ...
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub ...
- Private Pool ...
- jetted tub ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Ocean View
- health/beauty spa
- miniature golf
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- jet skiing
- water skiing
- 8 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Bathroom 3
- Bathroom 4
- Bathroom 5
- Bathroom 6
- Bathroom 7
- Bathroom 8
- 8 Bedrooms, Sleeps 20
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Bedroom 8
- King size beds (4) Each in a private room with an attached full bath, Queen size Beds (1) In a private room with an unattached full bath, Double Beds (1) In a room with an attached full bath, Twin or Single Beds (4) Four are in two rooms with a joint full bath (a second full bath is unattached). The other two are in another room with an attached full bath, Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) This is a queen sized sofa bed in the loft area above the main living room
- Balcony ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals