House, 3 Bedrooms + queen air mattress, 2.5 Baths, fireplace. parkng
We own 5 modern homes in Fremont / Wallingford. All high quality, but each slightly different. Discounts for multiple bookings for larger parties.
**read the complete listing for our booking preferences. no weekends only. Big discounts for multi-week stays.
This standout modern architectural is new construction, finished 2010 ~94 walk score - bring comfy shoes to explore the great neighborhood. Eco-friendly architectural with designer finishes - Exposed wood support beams, metal railings, granite counter tops, heated concrete and bamboo floors. The unit has very nice natural light.
3 bedrooms, each with queen beds. 1 queen air bed.
Top floor master bedroom has en-suite bathroom, dual sink bathroom, jetted shower, and a balcony.
Centrally located in Wallingford, this free-standing home (no shared walls) is 7 blocks to lively 45th street in Wallingford with a range of restaurants, coffee shops, bars, and eclectic shopping. First of many coffee shops is 3 blocks away. Famous Gas Works Park, Lake Union (seaplanes and paddle boats), Burke Gilman Trai (run, bike, blade)l, Fremont (The Troll and Center of the Universe) are all an easy walk. Green lake is 10 blocks (jog the 3 mile loop or paddle in the lake). 2 miles to Husky Stadium. The following neighborhoods are closer than 10 minutes - Ballard, Fremont, Greenlake, Belltown, Pike's Place Market, Pioneer Square, Queen Anne, Capitol Hill and Montlake. 2 minutes to 99. 5 minutes to I5. Easy access to buses and public transportation.
all linens, bedding, towels replaced this season, so everything is nice, and fresh for your stay.
Open floor plan living room and chef's kitchen is located on the 2nd level. 5 burner Bertazoni gas range. All kitchen utensils.Granite counter tops.
There may be minor changes to furniture choices as we're always upgrading, but major details don't change.
2 Ground level bedrooms each with queen beds.
Full-size Washer & Dryer. Downstairs bathroom has dual-head shower + body spray. 100sf+ ground level patio.
1 reserved off-street parking spot behind the home. And, easy street parking in this residential neighborhood.
Approximate Driving times (without traffic):
4 minutes Green Lake
5 minutes Zoo
7 minutes University of Washington
7 minutes Amazon South Lake Union 11 minutes Quest Field Go Hawks!
12 minutes Space Needle
13 minutes downtown Amtrak
25 minutes Seatac Airport
28 minutes Redmond Microsoft Campus 28 minutes Bellevue
16 minutes Seattle Children's Main campus 12 minutes Fred Hutchinson
We have a preference for longer stays: 4 nights during winter / spring. 6 nights+ May - September.
Though, if there are gaps in the calendar between bookings, we will consider shorter stays.
We try to avoid saturday check-in / check-outs as they break up weekends.
Higher rates may apply for memorial day, 4th of july, labor day, and UW graduation, thanksgiving, christmas, NYE.
We do not host events or gatherings.
Keywords: modern, lake union, needle, fremont, wallingford, belltown, ballard, queen anne, house, fireplace, parking,
Living in the lap of luxury
About the Owner
I've been a vacation home renter for about three years and think I've gotten quite good at creating a nice comfortable environment for travelers to come home to while you're in Seattle.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Thanks to Seth and his place in Seattle we had a great first Airbnb experience. He was very clear in all his details, forgiving of a rookie mistake of checking in too early, and the place was not only just a described but great. Plenty of room and bed. Good wireless coverage. A nice kitchen and bathrooms. Private parking. And convenient to some great spots in town. Right around the corner from some great restaurants that we were able to walk to. We had a great time!
4.7 based on 39 traveler reviews
Living in the lap of luxury
Location, Location, and a Stunning House!
Amneties are nice. TV has only basic cable, so no ESPN or anything. Which is fine, we weren't really staying in the house other than to sleep. Kitchen appliances are nice.
Seth asked us to contact him when we got there and left. He never responded to those messages. He did respond to a problem with the garbage. So customer service was ok. One downside is that you can't check into the place till after 5 pm when you arrive-which I think is pretty late. Overall, for the price it's a good place to stay with friends and in a great location.
Great Accomodation and Location!
This is a great location close to restaurants and nice to walk around the neighborhood (walked to Gasworks park and the zoo (although the zoo was a long walk - which I didn't mind, but some may find it too far). It's close to downtown by cab or car.
House is perfect as a place to come back to after a day of sightseeing.
Things to note:
- great for breakfast and getting organized in the morning and coming home to at night; if you plan to do cooking there is limited dining space and you may have to contact Seth if you require any utensils - we noticed some utensils/appliances were not available (there were limited cooking utensils - no spatula, cutting boards, dull knives; would have been nice to have a coffee maker and a toaster) but I'm sure Seth would have gotten anything to us if we had asked - we didn't bother as we were only there for mornings and coming home late.
- two of the bedrooms were on the basement/walkout floor; the front bedroom has a sliding glass walkout door - so if you are not use to the inner city you may feel a bit uncomfortable (as someone who lives in the inner-city, I did not feel unsafe and really liked the neighborhood but others family members had to get use to that and were initially feeling a bit anxious; the 3rd bedroom on the top floor was great with a very nice bathroom and shower)
- the floor on this home is cement - very contemporary, but not for me. Seth has other homes with hardwood floors - I just didn't book accommodations in time to get one of those
- beds are a single mattress and low to the floor - so may be difficult for some getting into and out of and may not feel as comfortable is a regular bed
- TV cable wasn't set up when we got there but Seth had the box sent over and it was really easy to set up
Other than that - the home was great and we really enjoyed our stay. If we ever need a place in Seattle again we will definitely be looking up Seth's properties!
Nice Wallingford home, with close proximity to all the charming places of north Seattle
Shopping, sightseeing and strolling around the neighborhood or to Gas Works Park, was easy, as was getting to/from the city center and the airport. The spacious house allowed for friends and family to stay, and for us to feel almost like home. We would recommend this, both the area and the house.
Fun location... once we located it
They called Seth who told them they must have gone to the wrong location and wasn't really terribly helpful. He eventually called them back with the correct address and a different lock box code - but even then didn't seem too troubled that he'd sent people to the wrong location with other guests already there and didn't offer to help my brother and sister find the correct place. As a small business owner myself, I would have been profusely apologetic and been anxious to correct my mistake with people who were wandering around a new neighborhood at midnight with their luggage after their cab took off.
Regardless, he didn't. (Thanks! I got to smooth that over the next day when I was harangued by my siblings for my lodging choice.) But they found the right location that had no other guests and the condo itself was great. Very nicely appointed, great location. We walked all over the Fremont area, down to Gasworks park, to the local brewery, the coffee shop. Even the Theo chocolate shop for a tour.
So, overall, a good stay and a good rental choice. I'd recommend it... Just double/triple check your information before you arrive and have a map handy.
From the Owner
“Being 5 blocks off lake union, and 10 blocks from Green lake, you'll be able to easily indulge all your favorite pastimes. running, cycling, learn to row classes on the lake, and fine dining and beer brewing, all walking distance from the front door. 5 blocks from Burke Gilman trail.”
Activity and Interests
Seattle. 7 Minutes To Downtown, Space Needle and Pikes Place
Other Activities: kayaking, rowing, kite flying, .2 miles from Burke Gilman (90 miles rails to trails)
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
May 15 2015 - Sep 18 2015
3 night minimum stay
Oct 2 2016 - Oct 9 2016
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 6 guests; add $15 per night, per additional guest|
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable damage deposit $200
- cleaning $150
- $1500 damage policy $49
no weekend only rental, no parties or gatherings
From the Owner
“This is a stunning newer modern architectural with high end finishes. If you are looking for a unique place to call home during your visit to seattle, you'll love it here. Easy access to the hustle of downtown, without having to deal with the city full time.”
- Broadband Access
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Covered Parking ...
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Parking Off Street ...
- Parking On Street
- Washing Machine ...
- Wireless Internet
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker ...
- Cooking Utensils ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Ice Maker
- Kitchen ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Television ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- non smoking only ...
- pets not allowed
- Lake View
- health/beauty spa
- sight seeing
- wildlife viewing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- water skiing
- 1600 sq. ft.
- 2 Bathrooms,
- 1 Half Bath
- kitchen powder room. - toilet, powder room on main living level with toilet and sink
- dual head shower - ground level - toilet, shower, glass enclosed dual headed shower
- en suite attached to master bedroom - toilet, shower, dual sinks
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- master suite (top floor) - 1 queen, en suite bathroom
- ground level - 1 queen
- queen bed (ground level) - 1 queen
- queen air mattress - but not a flip down sleeper sofa.
- 3 Queen size Beds. 1 queen airbed. Sofa is long enough for 1 person to sleep on, but it is not a convertible sleeper, nor is it a futon.
- Deck / Patio ...
- Wood Deck
- Guests provide their own meals
- 47 TV w/DVD/BluRay. heated floors, jetted shower upstairs, body spray shower downstairs, chef 5 burner gas stove + hood.