2 Bedroom, 3 Bathroom, Large Living Room, Private Charm House in Paradise
*** SIMPLY CLICK BOOK-IT ***
Private 2 Bedroom, 3 Bathrooms, with extra large living room & futon, ice cold air conditioning, excellent ventilation & ocean breezes, 3 televisions with deluxe satellite package, private high speed WiFi & hardline, with range extenders throughout, fully equipped kitchen with oven, lovely dining area, weekly maid service, five very comfortable hammocks, & really nice outdoor living areas & patios in a garden setting, on over 1/2 acre privately gated property, very safe & with one of the best locations in Playa Avellanas, or Costa Rica in general.
This private charm house is very quiet and secluded, on the edge of the wilderness & with 72 acres of untouched jungle, estuary mangroves, & of the most gorgeous stretches of beaches anywhere, right out in front.
Just a short walk to the beach. There are various wonderful local restaurants, bars, and a small grocery store within short walking distance as well.
Incredible swimming, sunsets, surfing, fishing, beach combing & relaxing year round.
Also, many different tours & excursions that can be arranged for you. Shuttle transportation to & from the airport as well.
Tons of wildlife - including sea turtles, howler monkeys, parrots, & so much more. Costa Rica is the most bio-diverse place on the planet, so you never know what magnificent creatures you may encounter here.
* In an effort to be more ecologically friendly, we have now switched to all biodegradable cleaning products for this rental (from bath soaps, shampoos & conditioners, to laundry/dish detergents, disinfectants, and window cleaners (with the exception of bleach) as well as high efficiency shower heads & faucets.
** For security purposes, please limit one car per household & no outside guests. Thank you so much for your understanding, as we are working to maintain an incredibly safe place for you, your family, and ours.
CR +(506) 2652-9168
Keywords: avellana, avellanas, avelana, avelanas, playa avellanas, playa avelanas, hacienda pinilla, hacienda pinila
Loved the house!!
We will definitely stay here again!!!
About the Owner
My family is from Southern California, living in the main house at the back of the property, along with our caretakers.
Whenever we can not be here, one of our caretakers, whom we trust greatly will be here to look out for you.
Also we have two very wonderful & loving guard dogs, Elvis & Bessie, our Rottweiler & Rhodesian Ridgeback.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Very great place to spend a vacation! Nice living atmosphere and excellent surf out front!
4.3 based on 24 traveler reviews
Loved the house!!
We will definitely stay here again!!!
FANTASTIC ADVENTURE and a GREAT, COZY HOME!!!!
1) Surfing: Ben the owner of this terrific home is an excellent surf instructor. He is patient, kind and very informative. Ben taught me the basics with an emphasis on safety and reading the ocean. There is no "hour" lesson, Ben takes whatever time that you need for your lesson and I can vouch that he will work with you until you can barley move your arms or legs!!! It's about whatever you want from your lesson . His positive attitude and encouragement was refreshing and I can't wait to surf again.
2) Beb arranged for my horseback riding excursion. The wrangler he chose was on time, pleasant and once again "it was all about me", where I wanted to go, stopping for pictures, breaks, and letting me race down the beach. I couldn't stop smiling the entire ride! I invited Glenna, the caretaker, to join me. She helped me translate and added to my fun adventure with her kindness and friendship.
3) Soaking up the sun: The house is located a short walk to the beach. It is a very enjoyable walk, lots of monkeys, parrots and a very cool boardwalk thru the mangrove trees. I spent hours at the beach, running, walking and taking in the beautiful warm Pacific Ocean.
4) Great Food: Any direction you chose to walk there is an wonderful restaurant to dine in. Breakfast at Cabinas Los Olas turned into a almost daily ritual after my morning walk, Lola's for amazing ceviche and the best view! The Burrito Box is fresh and very good, Mauna Loa if you are craving killer tiramisu! All within a 5 minute walk..... Mauna Loa also has a very fun gift shop!
5) Rest and RELAX! : Ben and Glenna's priority is your happiness. They were perfect. Attentive while giving me my space to read, relax and soak in this beautiful country. Ben is avid about security and I was very comfortable being solo. He arranged for a private shuttle for me due to my late arrival and very early departure. Tamarindo Shuttle was on time, efficient and the drivers, pleasant . The vehicles were in excellent condition and comfortable. Due to Ben's attentiveness and concern I was able to completely enjoy myself. He is a long time resident of CR and willingly shared his knowledge. I had 6 hammocks to chose from to enjoy my books or a siesta. I CANNOT WAIT TO RETURN!!
The home is very comfortable. Every room has a
Peace and relaxation in Avellanas
The owner Ben was a really great host and was quick to help me with anything I needed as well as being a great source of information on pretty well everything in the area. The two wonderful dogs, Bessie and Elvis are such great company and really help with the overall feeling of security. The way the property is fenced and gated creates a really private and secure feeling as well.
There are some great restaurants close by offering everything from pizza to ceviche. It was really nice to have the kitchen at the house though, especially if you are lucky enough to catch the weekly fish truck that comes by.
Such a great spot to enjoy beautiful Costa Rica! I would definitely recommend staying here!
No Hot Water and Water Issues
These renters were all smiles & were having a lovely time & never once were we all out of water, with all tanks full again after only a few days. I do of course, greatly apologize for any inconvenience of knowing there was an issue with the shared community well (there is no municipal water in Avellanas yet), & this does happen once or twice a year, with us making constant upgrades to our properties water infrastructure. These renters had good friends staying at the JW Marriott, the nicest 5 star hotel in Costa Rica, usually $500/night, so I think this is what inspired them to leave. Additionally, we were never asked for any type of refund, nor did they express much, if any, displeasure, and we only offered credit of their nights to be nice, as well as offered free surfboards, boogie boards & snorkeling equipment rentals & lessons. The mattresses are brand new orthopedic deep cornered king size matresses, which are incredibly comfortable & expensive. I just brought back 4 more sets of perfectly fitted sheets from the USA & all new pillows, as well as adding more & more furniture & amenities to this rental. As mentioned previously, on the very rare occasion that we get a bad review, this place is not for those looking for a 5 star hotel experience. This place is for those looking for comfort & serenity in paradise, with an authentic experience of what it is like to live in Costa Rica with its rich culture, on the edge of the jungle & on one of the world's most nicest & pristine beaches.
Playa Avellanas Guesthouse
Very Relaxing Vacation in Paradise
I highly recommend you stay here. You won't regret it.
From the Owner
“We picked this location for our Costa Rica residence, because it is absolutely the best part of Costa Rica to be in! The beach is incredible & the surfing absolutely amazing!”
Activity and Interests
sunbathing, atv tours, zip-line canopy tours, surf lessons, golf lessons, volcano expeditions, turtle tours
* IF CALENDAR IS BOOKED, PLEASE ASK US ABOUT OUR OTHER RENTAL!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Semana Santa (Easter Week)
Mar 29 2015 - Apr 5 2015
5 night minimum stay
Christmas & New Years
Dec 24 2015 - Jan 1 2016
5 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
Though we do not accept cancellations, in the event you need to, just let us know far enough in advance so we can try to re-rent & then either credit your dates, or reimburse you.
From the Owner
“Nature, Serenity, Peace, and Relaxation... (ALSO SURFING & FISHING)”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning ...
- Broadband Access ...
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Parking Off Street
- Parking for RV/Boat/Trailer
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine ...
- Wireless Internet ...
- Catering Available ...
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Music Library ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Video Games ...
- Video Library ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only ...
- health/beauty spa
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horseback riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
- wildlife viewing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- equestrian events
- golf privileges optional
- mountain biking
- scuba diving or snorkeling
- sound/bay fishing
- surf fishing
- 1600 sq. ft.
- 3 Bathrooms
- Master Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower
- Master Bathroom 2 - toilet, shower
- Front Bathroom 3 - toilet, shower
- Two beautifully appointed master bathrooms made with exquisite blue-green rock imported from Guatemala, with dual shower-heads & all top of the line fixtures.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Master Bedroom 1 - 2 king, Flatscreen TV, Master Bathroom, AC, Walk-in Closet
- Master Bedroom 2 - 2 king, Flatscreen TV, Master Bathroom, AC, Walk-in Closet
- Large Living Room - 1 sleep sofa /futon, AC, Futon, TV, Bathroom, Dining Area
- Boat ...
- Deck / Patio
- Golf ...
- Lawn / Garden
- Water Sports Gear ...
- Guests provide their own meals
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website
- locally inspired unique & lovely house with five wonderful hammocks to enjoy. excellent place for those who work from home & most importantly for those just looking to relax & get away from it all.