6 Bdrm, 6 Bath, jacuzzi On your own Private Beach! Movie star neighborhood!!
The name Malibu Beach Motion Picture Colony was the first name given to this famous address. Located in a 24-hour guard gated enclave on Malibu Beach, this private neighborhood is a world unto itself and located within walking distance of excellent restaurants, boutique shopping and local entertainment!
Today, this neighborhood continues to provide privacy and entertainment for many of the most well-known celebrities of our time. It is a small community conveniently located within walking distance to markets, boutiques, play areas and restaurants. It is a wonderful location within the center of Malibu's 'downtown' area, and yet quietly, discreetly, and strategically protected. It is an experience we are sure you will enjoy and look forward to returning to again and again.
67 Malibu Colony comprises approximately 4200 square feet which was recently completed in 2009 and consists of....
-Kitchen: complete with all serviceware, wood-burning fireplace, professional appliances, flat-panel television.
-Media Room with wood-burning fireplace and built in seating area which is large enough to function as a guest bed (approximate size of a queen bed).
-Great Room with large wood-burning fireplace,
-Room specific Crestron audio/video system with access to five separate TiVo systems
-Elevator with three stops, custom lighting and speakers for music enjoyment.
-Outdoor Entertainment Areas with an all-weather, outdoor flat screen television, wood burning fireplace, and complete barbeque area for entertaining.
-Master Bedroom with wood burning fireplace, full ocean views, plasma t.v., ipod, xm satellite and cd capabilities, fully automated blackout privacy shades on all windows, three sets of French doors leading onto oceanfront master deck with a private Jacuzzi spa.
-Full master bathroom with fireplace at master tub, Italian chandeliere, oversized rainshower and two walk in closets.
-Guest Suite with queen sized bed and seating area, fireplace, plasma television, blu-ray dvd player, private deck and guest bathroom.
-Two additional Bedrooms with full size beds, each containing a flat screen television and own private ensuite full bathroom.
-3rd Floor Yellow Room with twin bed and private flat screen television.
-3rd Floor Upstairs Den area with a twin bed can be used as an additional bedroom and private flat screen television
-Ocean view private office which may be locked with a separate key, or used as an additional bedroom with an inflatable queen sized bed (upon request) with a private plasma television.
-WiFi available throughout house, with multiple media outlets and private plasma television.
-Laundry Room with full sized washer/dryer on level of bedrooms, built-in ironing facility.
All this behind a very private and discreet entry which is guarded 24 hours a day.
WARNING: This property is available exclusively through VRBO and HomeAway.com and their affiliates. Beware of fraudulent listings on Craig's List using some of our home's photos and descriptions, but maybe using a slightly different address or even the same address. We do not advertise on Craig's List.
Beautiful home in Malibu
About the Owner
We fell in love with this property when we first moved to Malibu. It is the most centrally located, coveted address in the city within easy, flat walking distance to stores, restaurants, activites, etc!
5 based on 12 traveler reviews
Beautiful home in Malibu
Impeccably appointed home with thoughtful details
- being RIGHT on the ocean
- watching the sunset from the back patio
- dolphin watching from the master bedroom patio
- the outdoor fireplace for the cool nights
- the choices in sleeping arrangements
- the cozy furnishings and beautiful decor
- celebrity watching at the local supermarket (and in the neighborhood)
- walking to dinner at the local shopping center
- hearing the waves crash all night
I would recommend this rental to anyone who wants to be RIGHT on the water in Malibu. Gorgeous setting; Well done!
Everything was completely as advertised.....maybe even better.
Beautiful and warmly appointed home with a great open layout but still enough places for my family of 8 to find a quiet spot.
Karen, the owner is totally helpful and available, but the little book she has prepared which tells all about the home, including functionality, did the trick. Many dolphin sightings enjoyed by my peeps. We'll most certainly be back.
Beautiful Home, Gorgeous Views, Immaculate!
The home was better than we imagined and the details were absolutely gorgeous. The indoor outdoor living space was amazing and the views were incredible. We enjoyed listening to the waves crash, watching the sunset and spotting dolphins daily.
The location was ideal as well. Close to grocery stores, Malibu Country Mart and amazing restaurants.
We would love to stay here again and would absolutely recommend this home.
What a perfect vacation house
From the Owner
“MOST CENTRAL OCEANFRONT HOME IN THE COLONY! There is no better location for the sea and the city, easy walking access to restaurants, movies and great boutique shopping with the intimacy of the Pacific Ocean just in front of the home.”
Activity and Interests
Within the 27 miles of coastline that Malibu encompasses, there is one primary town that offers all the restaurants, boutique shopping, movie theater, ice cream, coffee houses, stylists, bookstores, etc!!! And you will be WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE OF ALL THESE ATTRACTIONS! Most homes in Malibu are far from the 'heart' of Malibu... up a windy hill or right off the busy Pacific Coast Highway. You will be in the best location-- yet safely tucked away in a private utopia!
Special Offer! MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND NOW AVAILABLE!!
- Special Offer From:
- Dates May 18, 2015 to May 27, 2015
Memorial weekend has just now become available.
3 night minimum applies. Great for family time at the beach... no parties allowed.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 5 2015 - Jun 30 2015
4 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable damage deposit $1,000.00
no hidden fees! :)
one week minimum for the month of June
One month minimum for the months of July & August
rate for July $125,000. rate for August $150,000.
From the Owner
“As you plan for your visit to Malibu, you should be aware that Malibu is 27 miles long, much of it is hilly with homes directly off Pacific Coast Highway. What we enjoy about the Colony is that it is in the heart of the city, yet privately tucked away on the ocean and the neighborhood is very flat-- a bike riding heaven and you can easily walk to all the central Malibu activities (playgrounds, restaurants, shops, ice cream, movies, etc!) We have enjoyed many, many nights with our 4 children at the home (currently they are ages 10, 7, 5 & 5) so I can assure you the home is well suited for active families!”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Air Conditioning ...
- Broadband Access
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Covered Parking ...
- Elevator ...
- Fitness Room / Equipment ...
- Gas Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Parking On Street
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Wireless Internet
- Wood Fireplace ...
- Catering Available ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Cooking Utensils ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Garbage Disposal
- Gourmet Kitchen
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Stove ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- CD Player
- DVD Player ...
- Games ...
- MP3 Dock
- Music Library ...
- Satellite / Cable
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
Communication / Internet
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub ...
- Outdoor Hot Tub
- Spa Whirlpool
- jetted tub
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only ...
- pets considered ...
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Beach View
- Near The Ocean
- Ocean View
- botanical garden
- health/beauty spa
- live theater
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horseback riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
- whale watching
- wildlife viewing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- equestrian events
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- pier fishing
- scuba diving or snorkeling
- 4200 sq. ft.
- 6 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower, jetted tub, master bathroom
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, shower, guest suite
- Bathroom 3 - toilet, combination tub/shower, guest room
- Bathroom 4 - toilet, combination tub/shower, guest room
- Bathroom 5 - toilet, shower, main floor
- Bathroom 6 - toilet, combination tub/shower, 3rd floor
- Bathroom 7 - outdoor shower, main floor
- the bathroom on the 3rd floor services all rooms on the third floor and has a European footed bathtub with a hand held shower. There is also an outside shower with hot water that can be used after a fun day at the beach!
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 king, master bedroom
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen, guest suite
- Bedroom 3 - 1 double, guest room w/bath
- Bedroom 4 - 1 double, guest room w/bath
- Bedroom 5 - 1 twin/ single, 3rd floor
- Bedroom 6 - 1 twin/ single, open room on 3rd floor
- There is PLENTY of room for 2 people to sleep comfortably in the Master suite and also the Guest Suite. The 2 double/full beds in the bedroom 3 and 4 which are also on the 2nd floor can very easily accommodate 2 people if they are of a more trim body size (the beds are slightly smaller than a queen size, but much much larger than a twin)
- Balcony ...
- Beach Towels
- Beach Umbrellas
- Deck / Patio
- Deck Furniture
- Gated Community
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Walkway to Water
- Wood Deck
- Guests provide their own meals
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website
- You will be amazed at how beautiful this location is! Dolphins, sand pipers, California Sea Lions, pelicans are practically daily visitors! Seasonally we see many whales in our west facing protected bay as well! This is an amazing location for beautiful family memories….