House, 8 Bedrooms + Den, 5.5 Baths, (Sleeps 21-25)
Sweet Dreams is the perfect house for your large family vacation, plus it can be rented by snowbirds as a 2 or 3 bedroom unit. Here are some of the highlights of this house:
- On West Beach Blvd with a great view of the gulf
- 2.5 miles from the intersection of Highway 59 and Beach Blvd; Close enough to enjoy the activities but far enough removed to escape the crowds
- 8, yes that is EIGHT, bedrooms
- 3 king beds, 4 queen beds, 3 twin beds, 1 full/twin bunk bed, 1 child's bed, and 3 queen sleeper sofas. This home can sleep 25 people! 10 mattresses/box springs were just replaced in November 2014!
- 5 full baths and 2 half baths
- 3 living areas
- 3 full kitchens
- 3 sets of washers and dryers
- Over 3,300 sq ft of living space
- Covered parking for at least 4 vehicles
- Driveway parking for at least 6 more vehicles
- Large deck on the front of the house with beach views
- Large screen TVs in every room! 37' HD televisions in all three living rooms and 32' televisions in every bedroom!
- Two video game systems (X-Box and Nintendo) with games
- A very large, private, in-ground pool! This pool is completely enclosed with a vinyl fence for privacy, has two ladders for easy access, and has lots of built-in seating for your comfort. There are chairs, chairs and more chairs for your comfort around the pool. Plus, enjoy some cold drinks by the pool at the tiki bar! This may be one of the nicest pools in Gulf Shores, with a size of 16 feet by 32 feet and a depth of 3.5 feet to 5.5 feet.
We know that the kids (and adults) love the beach, but a beach vacation also means time away from the beach. At Sweet Dreams, you can enjoy the beach, enjoy the pool, watch some of the dozens of movies in the house, or play some of the dozens of games. Or just sit on the deck and catch the rays. There is something for everyone!
Oh, did we mention the best feature of this house? In today's economy, all of us look for bargains. There is no doubt that this house is the best bargain in Gulf Shores. You can rent this home, with 8 bedrooms, 5 baths, sleeping 25 people, with a large private pool and a great beach view for half of what any similar house will cost in Gulf Shores! As a matter of fact, for what you will pay for this home for a week, you will probably only be able to get a 3 bedroom, 2 bath home sleeping half as many, possibly without a private pool!
A house this large means that a large extended family can enjoy a vacation together. With three kitchens, everyone can cook what they want. With 3 living rooms and 8 bedrooms all with HDTVs and DVD players, everyone can watch what they want! If you want everyone together, use the large deck facing the gulf or gather around the pool.
This home could be a perfect vacation spot for you even if you don't have 25 in your party. Because of the layout of this home, during the off-season (Fall - Spring) you can rent as few as 3 bedrooms or as many as 8 bedrooms. For a family not needing the entire house, there are steps from the covered parking to each side of the house. The front deck has a divider that can be closed off to ensure privacy between the two sides. Plus, there are steps at the back of the house to the 3rd floor apartment. But, if you do have a large family and need the entire house, there is a door on the deck to connect the two sides and there are steps in the east side unit that can be used to get to the apartment.
Here are your choices for how to rent the house and the costs for each. The prices are for a week, as we rent from Saturday to Saturday throughout the year. We also rent by the month in November through February. If you need less than a week, we may be able to assist you. Please email or call.
Fall: 16 August - 31 October
- Entire house (8 bedrooms) = $2,358
- West side of house (3 bedrooms) = $1,217
- East side of house (5 bedrooms) = $1,727
Winter: 1 November - 27 February
- Entire house (8 bedrooms) = $1,592 / week or $3,484 / month
- West side of house (3 bedrooms) = $788 / week or $1,604 / month
- East side of house (5 bedrooms) = $1,141 / week or $2,413 / month
Spring Break weeks: 28 February - 19 April
- Call for prices
Spring: 19 April - 15 May
- Entire house (8 bedrooms) = $3,484
- West side of house (3 bedrooms) = $1,743
- East side of house (5 bedrooms) = $2,615
Summer: 9 May - 14 August
- Entire house (8 bedrooms) = $5,826
So, if you need lots of room, want a view of the gulf from three living rooms, three kitchens, two decks, and two bedrooms, want to be able to sleep up to 25 people, want a very large, private pool, and all at a great price, then Sweet Dreams is the place for you!
Is Sweet Dreams booked the week you need it or do you need something smaller? We have 3 other properties. If you want a stand alone house with an unobstructed view of the beach then check out The Southern Cross, vrbo number 257393. This is a 3 bedroom, 3 bath house on West Beach Blvd. If you need 6 bedrooms and 6 baths, then you could rent The Southern Cross and Fun In The Sun. Fun In The sun, vrbo number 331813, is right on Little Lagoon (perfect for kids playing in the water) and is less than 50 yards from The Southern Cross! If you want to be right on the gulf, then look at A Whale Of A View, vrbo number 398689. This is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath condo (5D) at The Whaler on East Beach Blvd. This unit may have the best gulf views of any unit in all of Gulf Shores with gulf views from every room in the house!
Nothing but praise for Sweet Dreams house
About the Owner
We are Mark and Janet Binkley from Starkville, MS. Janet works at Mississippi State University. I am retired from MSU and manage four properties in Gulf Shores and 168 mini-storage units in Columbus, MS. We are looking forward to moving to Gulf Shores in 2016. We have a son who manages a Sherwin Williams store in MS and a daughter who is a police officer in MS. With the kids 'normally' being out of the house, we discovered that we enjoy being at the beach. After looking at literally hundreds of homes along the coasts of Alabama and Florida, we decided on a home in Gulf Shores (The Southern Cross, VRBO 257393). Within a few months, we knew we had found the perfect location and began to search for a second house. Sweet Dreams is our second beach home and is great for large family gatherings. Since then, we have purchased two more homes in Gulf Shores. We would love for you to visit one of our homes and have a great vacation! Please email us to get more information and more photos of all the properties. Mark & Janet Binkley Starkville, MS.
4.8 based on 35 traveler reviews
Nothing but praise for Sweet Dreams house
Convenient, accommodating, and comfortable
Great house for 3 family vacation
We have stayed in several homes in Gulf Shores, and this was one of the cleanest! Mark was very helpful with any questions, or concerns, and was prompt in returning any email, or phone calls. The pictures do not do this home justice! We had a wonderful stay, and the pool was an added blessing that we thoroughly enjoyed. The house is far enough down west beach, where the road is just two lanes, and easy to cross. I would love to recommend this home to any family, or friends!
Thank you, Mark, and Janet!
What an excellent place to stay with a large family
Activity and Interests
Sweet Dreams is located approximately 2.5 miles from the intersection of Highway 59 and Beach Blvd. The house is located at 1392 West Beach Blvd. We are directly across the street from the beach with gulf views from the decks, living rooms and some bedrooms. Need a smaller home or is Sweet Dreams booked the week you need it? Check out The Southern Cross, located at 1964 West Beach Blvd. This is a 3 bedroom, 3 bath house with great views of the gulf. This house also backs up to Little Lagoon. You can go out on the pier and fish in the lagoon! There is also a swimming pool. Visit www.gulfshoresbeachrental.net for details or go to rental # 332937 on Home Away.
Other Activities: shopping, boating, wildlife viewing, health/beauty spa, minature golf
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Summer - Entire House
May 9 2015 - Aug 14 2015
7 night minimum stay
Fall - Entire House
Aug 15 2015 - Oct 30 2015
3 night minimum stay
Winter - Entire House
Oct 31 2015 - Feb 26 2016
3 night minimum stay
Spring - Entire House
Apr 16 2016 - May 13 2016
3 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $300.00 + Tax
- Refundable damage deposit $500.00
- Tax Rate 11.0%
Rates for Holidays and Special Events may be higher.
Minimum age limit may be waived with additional fees.
Prices do not include $135 cleaning fee & 11% Alabama tax.
Saturday - Saturday only during the summer season.
Nightly rates may be available in the off-season.
Fully refundable security deposit is 15% of the total cost.
If you find a better rate for a comparable property, please let us know!
From the Owner
“Sweet Dreams is the perfect location for a large family who want to vacation together without breaking the bank. There are many reasons why we enjoy this home. (1) It is a large home, with over 3,300 sq ft. There is plenty of room for everyone to have privacy. (2) There are three separate living areas. Each living area has plenty of seating, so one group can watch the big game on one HDTV, while another group can watch a favorite show on a second HDTV and a third group can catch the movie they want to watch on the third HDTV. And, of course, the kids can watch their shows in their bedrooms since there is a tv in each bedroom! (3) We know how difficult it is to prepare enough food for 20 people in one kitchen, or how difficult it is to find food that 20 people like. That is not a problem in Sweet Dreams as there are THREE full kitchens (refrigerators, stoves, microwaves, dishwashers) in the house! (4) If you are going to bring 20 people to a family retreat, you don't want people sleeping on the floor. That is not a problem with Sweet Dreams as there are king, queen, twin, single and children beds throughout the house. Enough beds to handle 21 people plus sleeper sofas in three living rooms! (5) Need to do laundry while visiting? There are three sets of washers and dryers. (6) Need to catch up on work or that facebook account? Wireless internet is in the house. (7) Finally, and most important, are the outside activities. Walk across the street and you are on the beach! Being 2.5 miles from the center of Gulf Shores, the beach is not crowded and you can enjoy your time laying in the sun or trying your luck at fishing in the gulf. For those who want the sun and water but prefer fresh water and privacy, wait till you see our swimming pool! It is HUGE! Plenty of room for the entire family. A large in-ground pool, completely surrounded by a vinyl privacy fence. You could stay at the pool all day enjoying your drinks at the tiki bar!”
- Away From It All
- Air Conditioning ...
- Alarm Clock
- Broadband Access
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Covered Parking ...
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Parking Off Street ...
- Parking for RV/Boat/Trailer ...
- Sofa Bed
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine ...
- Wireless Internet ...
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Ice Maker
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Dining Area
- Books for Adults
- Books for Kids
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Games for Kids
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Video Game Console ...
- Video Games ...
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool ...
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- pets not allowed ...
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Beach View
- Ocean View
- health/beauty spa
- water parks
- miniature golf
- outlet shopping
- sight seeing
- wildlife viewing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- jet skiing
- pier fishing
- scuba diving or snorkeling
- surf fishing
- water skiing
- 3300 sq. ft.
- 5 Bathrooms,
- 1 Half Bath
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Bathroom 3
- Bathroom 4
- Bathroom 5
- 8 Bedrooms, Sleeps 25
- Bedroom 1 - 1 king, West Side, 1st floor
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen, 1 child bed, West side, 2nd floor
- Bedroom 3 - 1 queen, 1 bunk bed, West side, 2nd floor
- Bedroom 4 - 1 king, East side, 1st floor
- Bedroom 5 - 1 queen, East side, 2nd floor
- Bedroom 6 - 1 queen, 1 twin/ single, East side, 2nd floor
- Bedroom 7 - 1 king, Apartment
- Bedroom 8 - 2 twin/ single, Apartment
- Den - 3 sleep sofa /futon, Queen sleeper sofas in all three living rooms
- King size beds (3) 1 king bed in west side of house. 1 king bed in east side of house. 1 king bed in third floor apartment. Queen size Beds (4) 2 queen beds in west side of house. 2 queen beds in east side of house. Twin or Single Beds (1) 1 twin bed in east side of house. 2 twin beds in upstairs apartment. Child Beds (1) 1 child bed in west side of house. Sleep Sofa or Futons (3) 1 sleeper sofa in the west side of the house. 1 sleeper sofa in the east side of the house. 1 sleeper sofa in the upstairs apartment. Bunk Beds (1) 1 full/twin bunk bed in west side of house.
- Balcony ...
- Outdoor Grill
- Wood Deck
- Guests provide their own meals