Beach House close to the Gulf of Mexico has 3 King bedrooms with decks,3 baths
This vacation home is less than 150 feet from the sugar-white sand beaches and emerald surf Cape San Blas is famous for. The spacious living area located on the top floor, and furnished for relaxation, offers gorgeous views of the Gulf of Mexico.
Its fully stocked kitchen, with stainless steel appliances, and the adjoining dining area with its gulf views make your culinary experience a very special one.
The house is roomy with three King Master Bedrooms, each with a private bath and access to a wide, shady deck appointed with comfortable furnishings. A den located on the second level between two of the king masters is furnished with a queen sofa sleeper for additional sleeping space, comfortable chairs, and a flat screen TV.
Sun decks and a large covered porch provide spots for lazing around, and to view the gorgeous sunsets. In the opposite direction, greet the morning with a cup of steaming coffee while watching a dazzling sunrise over the pristine waters of St. Joe Bay.
On the ground level, you will find a private, enclosed shower with hot and cold running water, a charcoal grill, and plenty of parking space for your boat, trucks, and cars.
You have found the right place if you are looking for simpler coastal living. 'The Forgotten Coast' truly is one of the last unspoiled areas of Florida's Panhandle! Cape San Blas has relatively little development... no high-rise development, no congestion, and no fighting for position on the beach as the beaches are sparsely populated even during peak season.
So...what are you waiting for? Come and enjoy the simpler things of Life!
- Swim in the gentle and soothing emerald gulf waters.
- Fish from the shore, a rewarding activity to catch your own dinner. Or if you are here in the right time of the year, crabs and more crabs will flood to the shore for your pleasure.
- If deep water fishing is your choice, the Port St. Joe Marina is just 14 miles away. A great selection of charters are available. The marina offers a great restaurant with fresh seafood and entertainment in the evenings.
- Snorkeling and scalloping in St. Joseph Bay is the way to enjoy the pristine waters. The crystal clear waters of the bay are the perfect playground for scallopers. There is a limit what you can keep, and a few rules to abide by. The Scalloping Season is July 1 through September 10. Bay access is just five miles from the house at the St. Joseph State Park.
- Exploring the shoreline from the water either on the bay or gulf is easy. Get out your kayak or rent one here, and simply walk to the beach or get on the bay at the Stump Hole (two miles from the house), or the State Park and cruise the bay! It's a delightful renourishing experience. You may want to bring your rod and reel!
- If romance is what you seek, book a horseback riding sunset session on the beach. Contact the company of your choice, and meet them at Salinas Park just seven miles from the house, and prepare to enjoy the ride. Pack your picnic and walk to the beach, or get on a sunset cruise.
- Explore the wild-flowers and birds of the area by biking, hiking or walking through the St. Joseph State Park. The bike path begins as you turn onto Cape San Blas Road and ends at the state park.
- Golfing is here as well. Just ten miles from the house is St. Joseph Country Club Golf Course open to the public.
- Shopping and restaurants? Port St. Joe just 14 miles from the house has a selection of shops on Reid Avenue, the Marina for great seafood, or the Sunset Coastal Grill with an excellent selection. For gourmet-on-the-go visit Provisions, or eat Mexican at Peppers; Pizza at Joe Mama's; and, the locals' favorite spot... Sisters, charming southern flavor with great prices, and big portions. On Cape San Blas there are several convenience stores, The Trading Post, Scallop Cove, or Cone's Head for ice cream, hot dogs, salads, and a quick lunch. Just a few more miles and you can be in Indian Pass at the famous Indian Pass Raw Bar...unpretentious atmosphere with great oysters, crab legs, gumbo, and shrimp.
- Feeling like exploring further, then drive to historic Apalachicola a charming quaint town 25 miles east with great gourmet restaurants and exquisite shops.
- For a taste of local history and arts, 14 miles away is the Constitution Museum in Port St. Joe; in Apalachicola the Dixie Theater, and the Gorrie Museum; right on Cape San Blas, Boardwalk Realty displays local artists in its exhibit hall free to the public.
Keywords: Single Beach House
About the Owner
Hello! We are a business owner and a teacher, who are originally from a small town near Nashville,TN. We first discovered 'The Cape' during the 80's while on vacation with our teenaged children, and are now enjoying it with them as adults accompanied by their own children. Cape San Blas is a truly unique family paradise!
Guestbook comments from the owner
I am reminded of what a wonderful vacation we had at Pasatiempo this summer. The house was as good as advertised, and the views from the decks were even better! We spent many hours just relaxing and soaking it all in.
We will definitely keep Pasatiempo in mind for future vacations.
5 based on 12 traveler reviews
Relaxing, clean and spacious!
2013 Family Vacation
A PERFECT MONTH IN CAPE SAN BLAS
From the moment we walked in to your home, we were impressed and it certainly felt like we were home. Everything about his house by the sea speaks of luxury and class.
Most of the time, we had the beach all to ourselves. The sand felt like icing sugar. Very safe for children.
Casting a line into the water and sitting back waiting for the Pompano bite, we could sit back and watch the dolphins dancing in the water. Seabirds were plentiful and varied.
We took advantage of the local historical sites with visits to Apalachicola and Saint Joseph.
Thank you very much for a perfect vacation, location, home and the angels ensured the weather was perfect too!
We will be dreaming of a return to your most perfect Pasatiempo.
Ted & Lidia
Mark & Mary, Satsuma, AlabamaMark & Mary, Satsuma, Alabama
Karen Farmer City, IL
From the Owner
“Miles of magnificent, unspoiled, glory of nature is what we discovered when we began vacationing at Cape San Blas. Each return trip finds it the same, simply unspoiled, simply lovely, simply relaxing.”
Activity and Interests
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
May 23 2015 - Aug 14 2015
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
Aug 15 2015 - Sep 18 2015
7 night minimum stay
Sep 19 2015 - Nov 27 2015
7 night minimum stay
Nov 28 2015 - Feb 26 2016
7 night minimum stay
Feb 27 2016 - Apr 22 2016
7 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable damage deposit $200.00
- Tax Rate 12.0%
Tentative reservations are taken by phone or e-mail. To confirm the reservation, we require a signed, standard rental agreement and a deposit of half the total amount due. Both must be received within ten days of booking. The balance is due thirty days prior to arrival. Accepted forms of payment: Personal check, Mastercard, and Visa. Personal checks must be received thirty days prior to arrival.
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed. Cleaning fees are included in the rates. Bed, bath,and kitchen linens are furnished. Please bring beach towels. Our home will comfortably and safely accommodate a maximum number of eight guests. We cannot allow pets due to severe allergies.
From the Owner
“Our house on Cape San Blas offers beautiful views, and is so close to the gulf, it feels very much like beach front. Its spaciousness and fun, friendly,Caribbean atmosphere allows us the perfect spot from which to launch all our adventures, and a haven upon our return.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning ...
- Broadband Access
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Covered Parking
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking Off Street
- Parking for RV/Boat/Trailer
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Beach View
- Ocean View
- live theater
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horseback riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
- wildlife viewing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- jet skiing
- pier fishing
- scuba diving or snorkeling
- sound/bay fishing
- surf fishing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- 2100 sq. ft.
- 3 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Bathroom 3
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4 - 1 sleep sofa /futon, Den has queen size sleep sofa.
- King size beds (3) This spacious home offers three(3) king master bedrooms, each with private access to a bath. Two are located on opposite ends of the second level and the third is located on the top floor adjacent to the living area. All the bedrooms have sliding glass doors that open to spacious decks with magnificent views of the Gulf of Mexico. A queen sofa sleeper is located in the fourth, which has recently been converted to a den with a flat screen TV and comfortable chairs. This room also has access to the deck.
- Deck / Patio ...
- Deck Furniture
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Porch Furniture
- Wood Deck
- Guests provide their own meals
- Enclosed outdoor shower with hot and cold water.