Over 1 acre; On the water; Close to downtown - Sleeps up to 10 guests
STAY ON THE LAKE! CLOSEST TO TOWN! MAIN BASIN - NEAR DAM!
Please note that we do not take bachelor parties, as we strive to be a peaceful and relaxing getaway for families, couples, and girls weekends. If you are desiring more of a "party" atmosphere, then another location would be a better fit for your group. Thank you for understanding!
** IMPORTANT 2015 LAKE TRAVIS UPDATE **
Many potential guests are inquiring about the lake level and dock access. Lake Travis is still very usable for boating. There are now 2 open public boat ramps, and boats can be rented from nearby marinas. Our main website has some listed on the Services tab. We are fortunate to have a movable dock, so that when the water level drops, we can move it out; and when the water level rises, we can move it back in. We always keep the the dock in 8-10 feet of water for swimming, fishing, and boating activities. Due to the lower water levels, we added stairs to make it easier for our guests to get to the bottom of the cove. They then walk across the cove and around the water's edge to board the dock. It is still very usable, but it is a longer walk.
Please submit inquiries with your information via the contact form or email for a faster response. We give priority to HomeAway or VRBO Contact Forms and email. We are unable to return all of the calls received. We do, however, strive to respond to written inquiries as soon as possible. Thank you for understanding!
** NOTE ** If a child is able to walk, then they are counted as one of the 10 guests. We have had some guests assume that their children don't count toward the total occupancy in the past because they are small. The only time that I child would not count toward occupancy is if it is a baby that has not yet started walking.
The Palms on Lake Travis is a privately-owned, gated, high-end, resort vacation rental for those who wish to stay on Lake Travis. The Palms is conveniently located lakeside, 1 mile from the Oasis ('The Sunset Capital of Texas') on the scenic Comanche Trail drive around the main basin of Lake Travis. This location is prime for those who want to enjoy Austin - it is only a 30 minute drive to downtown Austin and about a 35 minute drive to the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport!
There are two guest units on The Palms property that sleep up to 10 in total. For parties of 6 or less, we can offer the Garden House only at a lower cost.
A cove and covered dock is available to use for swimming, fishing, and sunbathing. Boaters may tie up to the dock with advanced notice. A public boat launch is located just across the main basin from us (you can see it from the property) at Mansfield Dam - it's about a 3 mile boat ride.
Main website and Facebook: Please visit our main website for additional information - http://ThePalmsOnLakeTravis.com
Like us on facebook to get a free bottle of wine with your stay!
Facebook page is http://facebook.com/ThePalmsOnLakeTravis
WEDDINGS AND EVENTS: Please note that, due to our setup, we are unable to participate in weddings or other events with more than 25 total guests. We also have chosen not to participate in bachelor parties of any sort. We welcome out of town guests and family members of the bridal party to stay with us, and we will make every effort to ensure they have an extremely enjoyable stay in Austin!
On dates where we have a partial rental (Garden House Only or Lakefront Suite Only), and the other portion is available for rent, it will appear as a Tentative Rental on our calendar. On those dates, we will have availability left for smaller groups of 4-6 guests at a lower rate, depending upon which unit is already taken. Feel free to reach out and ask us about those dates.
Our preferred method of contact is the Request Form on HomeAway or email. We have day jobs and receive too many calls to return in a timely manner. We have found that we can respond to you much more quickly via email.
WHAT'S INCLUDED WITH YOUR STAY AT THE PALMS?
We strive to provide things that you need to feel comfortable during your stay. Our goal is to have delighted guests that want to return and highly recommend us to their friends...
Units are fully and tastefully furnished - and CLEAN!
We stock 'breakfast starter items' and condiments so you don't have to pack them (there is an HEB grocery store 3 miles away for more food items)
- Milk - Skim, unless you specify otherwise in advance
- Bread - Honey wheat, unless you specify otherwise in advance
- Orange juice
- Eggs - one dozen large Grade A
Kitchens have full sized dishwashers, stoves, microwaves, and refrigerators
12 Cup Coffee Makers with filters
Gourmet coffee and half and half/creamer
Toaster and/or toaster oven
Condiments - ketchup, mustard, mayo, relish, margarine, jam/jelly, sugar, splenda, salt, pepper, and spices
Paper Items - Napkins, Paper Towels, and Trash bags
Dishwasher soap, sponges, washcloths, and dish soap
Kitchens are fully equipped with cooking utensils, pots, pans, plates, bowls, cups, and glasses
Snacks - some sodas in the fridge and chips
Linens are provided
Memory foam mattress toppers on all beds
Fold out sofabeds have upgraded mattresses for enjoyable comfort
Flat screen HDTVs
Alarm clocks that charge iPads and iPods
Washcloths and towels
Hand soap and lotion
High powered ionic hair dryers
Mini bath supplies
Each unit has a full sized washer and dryer with laundry soap and fabric softener provided
Each unit has an ironing board and iron
ENTERTAINMENT & ENJOYMENT:
Each unit has a large stainless steel gas grill
Each unit has an ipod dock
Each unit has covered and uncovered outdoor seating
Noodles for cove flotation
Umbrellas and a Hammock on the Common Area patio
Fishing poles and some gear - you will need bait
Games - Cards, Dominoes, and others
Movies - free Movies on Demand channels (1111, 1112, and 1113) through cable
Basketball and football
Wireless internet is available throughout the property
Beautiful property - Wonderful getaway
About the Owner
We live on the property. We are there if you need something, but otherwise we stay out of your way. You might see us in the driveway or walking down through the backyard to get to the dock. We have both traveled a lot, and we strive to make The Palms everything that we want when we travel.
Guestbook comments from the manager
FIVE STARS - Our daughter's July 13 wedding in nearby Lakeway was our reason for being at The Palms, where we stayed along with the bridesmaids for the long weekend. Couldn't have asked for more! Perfect hosts, gorgeous grounds, lovely guest accommodations (plenty of bathrooms!), two full kitchen areas, lounging room, sitting pool and a breeze for the hot July days and evenings. Access to dozens of restaurants, stores, and venues. We enjoyed brunches and sunset gatherings where 10 to 20 folks had plenty of room, and ten plus for sleeping accommodations. Would love to return in the future...just the two of us next time! Rated The Palms 5 Stars for all 5 categories: Value, Check-In, Location, Cleanliness, Comfort, and Service
5 based on 40 traveler reviews
Beautiful property - Wonderful getaway
Amazing Valentine's DayAmazing Valentine's Day
Best service and rental ever!
Exceeded all of our expectations!
There was plenty of space and the setting of the outdoor patio for the group dinner made for a great impression of the Austin outdoors. And yes, the hot tub was really great too! Back inside we found great comfy beds.
Beyond the place itself, Robin and Rodney are true professionals and was never short of ideas on how to plan and ensure the event was a success!
Awesome Lake Travis Girls' WeekendAwesome Lake Travis Girls' Weekend
From the Owner
“The Palms is located on the gorgeous Lake Travis main basin. Lake Travis is a rock lake, which means the water is generally a sparkly blue color (vs the brownish water found in a muddier lake). The cliffs around it add to the beauty of the area. If you are looking for a relaxing getaway with a scenic view and privacy, this is the spot for you!”
Activity and Interests
Less than 20 Miles to 6th Street (Downtown Austin); 29 Miles from Austin Airport
Other Activities nearby and in Austin: Parasailing, Boating, Basketball court, Health/beauty Spa, Aquafly Austin, iFly Austin, K2 Racing, Zipline, Waterpark, Windy Point Beach, and more!
UT Golf Course - Steiner Ranch
Falconhead - Lakeway
Riverplace Country Club
Barton Creek Resort
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Memorial Weekend 2
May 28 2015 - May 30 2015
2 night minimum stay
July 4th Weekend
Jul 2 2015 - Jul 5 2015
3 night minimum stay
Labor Day Weekend 1
Sep 3 2015 - Sep 7 2015
3 night minimum stay
Labor Day Weekend 2
Sep 10 2015 - Sep 12 2015
3 night minimum stay
Off Peak 2015
Oct 1 2015 - Feb 29 2016
2 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable damage deposit $600.00
- Cleaning $120.00 + Tax
- Tax Rate 6.0%
Rates are subject to change until the reservation is confirmed
From the Owner
“The main basin of Lake Travis is the closest area to downtown on the 65 mile lake. We are also conveniently located just a mile down the road from Oasis Texas, with several restaurants, shops, and live music! Since The Palms is on the main basin, we have a beautiful view of the lake, and you can walk down to the dock from the backyard! If you have a boat, you can even tie it up to the dock at no extra charge! We strive to provide everything you need for a relaxing getaway. We take care of condiments like salt, pepper, sugar, ketchup, mustard, mayo, pickles, butter, and jam. We provide all the fixin's for your first morning's breakfast (with a standard 2 night minimum rental) - coffee, eggs, milk, juice, and bread. A leisurely start is a great way to kickoff your time away. If you find you need other things, there is a grocery store about 3 miles away. The Palms is a very convenient and private lakeside retreat for couples, families, reunions, relaxing girls' weekends, and the like. We are always available to recommend nearby dining, suggest spa or golf locations, and provide ideas for fun activities for all ages. Many of our guests decide to just stay and enjoy property, and quite a few choose to extend their trips an extra day or two if availability permits.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Broadband Access ...
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Covered Parking ...
- Filtered Water
- Gas Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Local Maps
- Mobile Phone
- Mosquito Magnet
- Paper Towels
- Parking ...
- Parking Off Street ...
- Parking for RV/Boat/Trailer ...
- Sofa Bed
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine ...
- Wireless Internet ...
- Wood Fireplace ...
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker ...
- Cooking Utensils ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Freezer ...
- Ice Maker
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Game Room ...
- Games for Kids
- Music Library ...
- Pool Table ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool ...
- Hot Tub ...
- Outdoor Hot Tub
- Private Pool ...
- Shared Hot Tub ...
- jetted tub ...
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome ...
- limited accessibility ...
- non smoking only ...
- pets not allowed ...
- Lake View
- Water View
- health/beauty spa
- live theater
- theme parks
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- freshwater fishing
- golf privileges optional
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- scuba diving or snorkeling
- water skiing
- water tubing
- 3000 sq. ft.
- 3 Bathrooms,
- 3 Half Baths
- Garden House Red - toilet, Sink and Toilet
- Garden House Gold - toilet, Sink and Toilet
- Garden House Jack 'n Jill bath/shower - toilet, combination tub/shower, shared Jack 'n' Jill style
- Garden House Powder Room - toilet, Sink and Toilet
- Lakefront Suite Master - toilet, combination tub/shower, jetted tub
- Lakefront Suite Pool Bath - toilet, shower
- Lakefront Suite Outdoor Shower - outdoor shower, Semi-private
- The Garden House has two a bathroom (sink/toilet) for each bedroom and the jack 'n' jill share the shower. There is also a powder bath downstairs. The Lakefront Suite has a Master Bath with two sinks and a two person jetted tub with shower. There is also another full bathroom with a standup shower (and a semi-private outdoor shower)!
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Garden House Red - 1 queen, with flat screen, walk in closet, and balcony
- Garden House Gold - 1 queen, with flat screen, walk in closet, and flat screen
- Garden House Living Room - 1 sleep sofa /futon, Upgraded comfortable mattress
- Lakefront Suite Master - 1 king, with flat screen
- Lakefront Suite Living Room - 1 sleep sofa /futon, upgraded comfortable mattress
- There are two units on this property, located across the driveway from each other. The Garden House (sleeps up to 6) has 2 Queen Bedrooms and an upgraded sofa bed in the living room. Each bedroom has a walk-in closet, balcony, and flat screen HDTV. The bedrooms each have their own bathroom, and they jack 'n jill share the shower. There is a fully equipped kitchen, living room, powder bathroom, covered and uncovered patios with a chiminea and large stainless grill. The Lakefront Suite (sleeps up to 4) has a King Bedroom and an upgraded sofa bed in the living room. The msater bath has dual sinks and a jacuzzi tub for two. There are flat screen HDTVs throughout, a fully equipped kitchen, pool table, and a covered patio with a gas fireplace. The Common Area boasts a large patio, oversized hot tub/dipping pool, waterfall feature, firepit, expansive backyard, and the protected cove and dock for swimming, sunbathing, and fishing. This is a great place to get away and relax!
- Balcony ...
- Beach Towels
- Boat ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Gated Community
- Golf ...
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Porch / Veranda
- Unscreened Porch / Veranda
- Walkway to Water
- 15 garden chairs
- 6 beach chairs
- Guests provide their own meals
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website
- We provide the first mornings fixin's for breakfast - coffee, milk, juice, eggs, and bread - so you can start your getaway in a relaxing way. We also provide condiments (salt, pepper, sugar, butter, jam, ketchup, mayo, mustard, pickles, etc). We have a fire pit, basketball court, large tree well patio, hammock, and waterfall feature in the common area. Bring your ipod to plug into the iPod docks! No Pets Allowed: We are firm on this policy. However, we do have a dog that resides on the property. Smoking Not Allowed: Strictly enforced (including electronic cigarettes). When looking at the calendar, if you see that there is a tentative date (with a yellow color), that means that only one of the two units (Lakefront Suite or Garden House) is available for that date. If you are renting only one unit, we charge a reduced rate. We hope we get to meet you!