6000 SF House-4 BR, 5.5 Baths, Gulf of Nicoya/Pacific views - pool, spa & sauna
Welcome to my 'retirement dream home' which was custom built in 2011 to include amenities that I wanted in a home that I could share with my family & friends. A delayed retirement offers you an opportunity to enjoy all the pleasures & comforts of my beautiful home until I make this dream home my final residence.
Located in a 24-lot gated community affording safety & privacy, the property is only 40 minutes to the Juan Santamaria International airport and is less than 10 minutes drive to downtown San Ramon where there is banking, shopping, hospital, pharmacies, churches, small mall with movie theater, numerous local & international cuisine restaurants as well as many more conveniences. Each house in the development is situated on a spacious 5,000+ SM lot allowing for privacy. Currently there are 8 houses occupied by either fulltime or partial-year owner residents with another house under construction to be completed in 2014.
Villa Rosa is centrally located in the development with a 360 degree view which encompasses both the gorgeous mountains as well as the Gulf of Nicoya & Pacific Ocean. You can enjoy the most fabulous sunsets from most rooms in the house as well as the main level terrace, the covered pool terrace and the pool deck.
The paved, semi-circle drive at the front entrance of the house affords easy access & parking under the covered portico. The house is entered on the main level from this portico through custom iron & glass doors that lead into a large octagon-shaped atrium. Upon entering the house you will immediately be captivated by the elegance of the two-story atrium decorated with hanging tapestries with soaring tray ceilings illuminated with indirect recessed lighting and beautiful chandelier. The floor to ceiling glass doorway leads to a balcony opening to a view of the mountains & Gulf of Nicoya. From the 8-sided atrium there is access to the master bedroom, main floor guestroom, & the powder room through beautiful custom-crafted wood doors. The living, dining & kitchen areas and the stairs to the lower level are accessed through open doorways.
The dining room is furnished with a Tuscan style formal dining room suite with a table with 8 chairs and matching glass curio cabinets. The dining room has a wonderful view of the Gulf of Nicoya and the infinity pool through the double glass doors leading to the covered terrace. Open the glass doors and enjoy the wonderful outdoors during your meals or enjoy sundowners on the adjoining covered terrace with its comfortable wicker sofa and chairs.
In the area adjacent to the dining room is the living room furnished with comfortable sofa and chairs, large flat screen TV housed in a wall unit that also contains an electric fireplace that will take the chill off a cool morning or evening or provide lighted ambience when no heat is needed.
The kitchen is separated from the living/dining areas by an open doorway and is equipped with stainless steel appliances that would delight any chef. These include Kitchen Aid double ovens with convection & steam assist options, induction cooktop, a large toaster/convection oven, microwave, trash compactor, garbage disposal, dishwasher, large farm sink, prep sink, French door refrigerator with ice & water in the door and espresso maker. The kitchen is furnished with elegant custom wood cabinets and granite countertops and includes a center island with 2 barstools. An exterior door leads from the kitchen to the outside terrace where there is a large gas grill equipped with rotisserie and separate burner. A large wooden cabinet is situated on the outside terrace stocked with all the acrylic ware you may need for meals outside on the terrace or by the pool. This outdoor cooking area is adjacent to the covered terrace accessible from the dining room and has stone steps leading to the pool-level covered terrace and the pool deck.
The Master bedroom is located on the main level and is accessible from the atrium entrance through double wooden doors. The bedroom is furnished with a queen bed, matching night stands, a chaise and Asian inspired chairs & chest. The adjoining bathroom is equipped with a double-ended soaking tub and separate oversized shower, separate water closet with toilet & bidet, separate double vanity & makeup vanity and adjoining large walk-in closet and built-in bureaus. A large hot tub/spa is located on the private terrace accessed through sliding glass doors and the terrace is covered by a teak pergola. There are stone steps leading from the terrace to the pool below and an outside shower with both cold & hot water is conveniently located on the landing to wash off lotions & sunscreens before entering the spa.
The main floor guest room is also accessible from the atrium entrance and is furnished with a king bed, large oversized dresser & mirror, 32 inch flat screen TV, adjoining bath with separate dressing area with double vanity & beautiful onyx vessel sinks & granite countertops, a double closet with sliding doors, and the separate shower & toilet area.
The lower level is accessed by the stone-covered stairway from the main level atrium and you are immediately in the elegant octagon-shaped game room with unique leopard tile and comfortable sofa for seating while watching or participating in a game of pool on the regulation-sized Brunswick cherry wood pool table. Double decorative iron & glass doors equipped with screens lead from the game room to the pool deck so you can leave the doors open and be included in the activities at the pool.
Adjacent to the game room is a gym equipped with Smooth Fitness elliptical, BowFlex Fitness gym, upright & recumbent stationery bicycles, and other miscellaneous fitness equipment as well as a 32 inch flat screen Smart TV to watch while exercising. There are double iron & glass doors leading from the gym to the outside lower garden area where you can sit and enjoy the outdoors and spend quiet time reading or visiting.
Also located on the lower level adjacent to the gym and game room is:
1. A kitchenette with custom wood cabinetry and granite countertops with a sink, microwave, coffee station and full sized refrigerator with an icemaker conveniently located just steps away from the pool-level covered terrace and pool deck;
2. A sitting area with a sofa and loveseat that make into a double and single bed for extra guests. These are equipped with a comfortable self-inflating air mattress on the double bed and memory foam mattress on the single bed so guests should enjoy a good night’s sleep;
3. A bathroom with a shower and single vanity. A FAR infrared sauna that will accommodate 3-4 people is also located in this bath. The sauna is equipped with options for music with a radio, MP3 connection, and CD player and also has reading lights and colored therapy lighting;
4. A corner desk with a full panoramic view of the infinity pool and the Gulf of Nicoya is equipped with a printer so you can connect your laptop and print documents;
5. A laundry room equipped with new steam washer & dryer, laundry sink and closet with pool towels;
6. Small housekeeper bedroom equipped with daybed and twin bed trundle which can sleep 2 people and has an adjoining private bath with shower; and
7. Guest room with pool access equipped with two twin day beds with trundles which can sleep 4 people.
If the gym isn’t your cup of tea and you prefer outdoor exercise, take advantage of the safe neighborhood and walk the road which circles the neighborhood and look for birds and other wildlife along the way. You will need good gripping shoes as the road is not paved but it will give you a good workout with the rolling terrain. There is also a small pond immediately across the street from the house with benches where you can sit and relax, watch the ducks or fish for tilapia and where a sloth has even been spotted before.
There is a massage table available if you wish to request a massage through Martin Rojas, the property manager. He can also arrange side trips to local tourist attractions, daily housekeeping services, take you shopping, secure someone to cook for you if desired, assist with party activities, etc. All of these additional services are to be arranged directly with Martin and fees for these services are separate from the rates and are to be paid directly to him.
About the Owner
I retired in 2011 to finish construction on this house but left it in the hands of housesitters to return to work in the Spring of 2012. I plan to permanently retire in 2015 and will spend my time in Costa Rica and MS.
1 traveler review
From the Owner
“I selected the development of Residencias Las Terrazas because it afforded privacy and services that were important to me.”
Activity and Interests
The Magallanes area of San Ramon is located just off Highway 1 with easy access to many tourist attractions including Poas Volcano and Lapaz Waterfalls, Arenal Lake & Volcano for fabulous zip lining, mountain bike trails and thermal hot springs, Playa Dona Ana is a local beach where monkey families will entertain you with their antics and Jaco and Punteranus are both just an easy drive for deep sea fishing, sunbathing and nice restaurants.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 7 2014 - May 1 2015
6 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 6 guests; add $75 per night, per additional guest|
2015 High Season
Nov 9 2015 - May 1 2016
6 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
6 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 6 guests; add $50 per night, per additional guest|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $200
- Property Damage Protection $79
- Refundable damage deposit $500
- Cleaning Fee Per Stay $250
- Tax Rate 13.0%
From the Owner
“The central location of San Ramon is especially an advantage as you can easily reach the airport and private hospitals in San Jose/Escazu area within an hour as well as many tourist and recreational area.”
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Fireplace ...
- Fitness Room / Equipment ...
- Garage ...
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Toaster ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Games ...
- Music Library
- Pool Table ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Video Games ...
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Hot Tub ...
- Private Pool ...
- Sauna ...
- Private Chef
- Events Allowed
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered ...
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Ocean View
- botanical garden
- rain forests
- water parks
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horseback riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- equestrian events
- mountain biking
- scuba diving or snorkeling
- surf fishing
- whitewater rafting
- 6000 sq. ft.
- 5 Bathrooms,
- 1 Half Bath
- MBR Bath - toilet, tub, shower, bidet
- Main Level Guest Room Bath - toilet, shower
- Main Level Powder Room - toilet, Vanity with Toilet
- Lower Level Guest Room Bath - toilet, shower, Adjoins bedroom & accessible from pool area as well.
- Lower Level Sauna Bath - toilet, shower, Sauna located in this bath which does not adjoin any bedroom
- Housekeeper Bath - toilet, shower, Adjoins housekeeper sleeping quarters which will sleep 2
- Outdoor shower - outdoor shower, Outdoor shower by pool area
- 5.5 baths which includes baths adjoining all bedrooms plus an additional full bath on the lower level and a half bath on the main level near the living & dining rooms.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Main Level Guest Room - 1 king, Main Level guest room with private bath with shower.
- Master Bed Room - 1 queen, MBR, shower & soaking tub, separate toilet & vanity areas
- Lower Level Guest Room - 4 twin/ single, 2 Day beds with trundles & private bath with shower
- Lower Level - Housekeeper BR - 2 twin/ single, Daybed with trundle and private bath with shower
- 4 separate bedrooms with beds, all with private baths. Sleeper sofa (double) and loveseat (twin) on lower level with access to adjacent lower level bath with shower & sauna.
- Balcony ...
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Guests provide their own meals