3 bdrms, 1.5 bath (Sleeps maximum 6)
Live like a local at “Nathan’s Alley” in the sunny Lower Haight. Comfortable, cozy, art-filled apartment superbly situated in a “destination” neighborhood, mere blocks from so many must sees: the famous Victorians called 'Painted Ladies' of Alamo Square, Haight-Ashbury, the Castro District, Market Street & F Line Trolley (which takes you quickly to Fisherman’s Wharf, The Embarcadero, Ferry Bldg., The Exploratorium), Palace of Fine Arts, Fort Mason, Fort Point, The Presidio, Crissy Fields; not to mention the many venues the Lower Haight has to offer.
While the gourmet kitchen is there for those who love to cook, for those who do not there is host of nearby restaurants to choose from – several, such as Thep Phenom (Thai) and Indian Oven (both consistent winner of “Best of the Bay” in our local weeklies) being literally just down the block.
• a modern unit with 1100 sq ft, three bedrooms, 1.5 granite & marble bathrooms, living room, dining area & kitchen combined, all the conveniences & comforts of a home away from home.
• Steps away from a destination neighborhood that people drive for miles to get to.
• Garden: artfully landscaped garden that guests will enjoy.
• Bedrooms: Master bedroom with queen-sized bed, 2nd bdrm with queen-sized bed, living room with queen sofa sleeper, two twin-sized trundle beds in the back bdrm. Storage galore, 2 closets with organizers, chest drawers & hidden storage in the sofa sleepers, coffee tables & ottomans.
• Bathrooms: 1.5 bathrooms. Main bath: shower over tub, pedestal sink, toilet. Shampoo/conditioner, body wash provided. Half bath: toilet and sink with organizer for towels.
• Kitchen: Well-appointed fully-equipped gourmet kitchen, well-stocked for those who love to cook, a slew of nearby restaurants for those who don’t
* cafes: Bean There (right around the corner), Café du Soleil, Café International (live entertainment), The Grind, Duboce Park Cafe.
* multi-ethnic array of restaurants: Indian Oven, Squat & Gobble, Thep Phenom (Thai), Sushi Raw (Japanese, Chinese), Axium (Ethiopian), Palmyra (Mediterranean), Kate’s Kitchen, Maven Bar & Restaurant, Uva Enoteca, Chow, too many to mention.
• Laundry: On-site front loading washer & dryer (no coinage necessary)
• Heating: Central heating and thermostat controlled.
• Dining: Dining area seats 4 comfortably, a coffee table with a lift that converts to an additional 4 seating.
• Wifi: Two smart TVs (40” and 47”) with free Comcast Xfinity high-speed wifi, access to your private Netflix account, wifi-ready HDTV, all the entertainment, HBO, sports channel available. Sony Blu-ray DVD player & wifi ready, mini-stereo system, HP photoprinter scan, print for guests use.
• Parking: driveway in front of the property
• Pets: small well-behaved dog less than 20 lbs considered. Pet fee charge of $50 for minimum 3 nights stay.
• Parks: Within walking distance to the famous Alamo Square Park and the row of Victorians called “Painted Ladies”, the famous Haight-Ashbury district, Buena Vista Park, Duboce Park, Golden Gate Park, the Panhandle, Hayes Valley Playground.
• Transportation: Easy access to all public transportations (bus, MUNI, BART) like 2-3 blocks away. MUNI to BART to the airport and other Bay Area destinations, (subway MUNI trains F, J, K, L, M, N lines to downtown, & AT&T Baseball Park). Mere blocks to the historic “F” trolley line that connects to the cable cars, the Ferry Building, Fisherman's Wharf. Literally 10-15 minutes to Union Square, Embarcadero Center, Modern Museum of Art, Randall Museum, De Young Museum, the Science Museum, Palace of Fine Arts. Transit score: 100; Bike and walk score: 91.
• Supermarkets & Pharmacy: Safeway (24-hr open 7 days a week), Whole Foods, Golden Natural Foods, CVS Pharmacy, mom & pop grocery stores mere blocks away.
• Medical Facilities: the world renowned University of California San Francisco Medical Center (UCSF), California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC), Davies Medical Center, San Francisco General Hospital (SFGH) are all within 15 minutes away. Free shuttle stops within 4 blocks away for UCSF & SFGH, 2 blocks for CPMC at Davies Medical Center.
• Rental Cars: Zipcar with depot of rental cars available within the neighborhood area. Check Zipcar.com website for more information.
• Wine Tour: wine tour shuttles within short distance from Nathan’s Alley. Check winetours.com website.
• Non-smoking apartment
Check in time: 3:00 pm
Check out time: 11:00 am
Haight Ashbury crash pad !! San Francisco
About the Owner
We have lived in all the units of our building and Nathan’s Alley certainly has had many fond memories for us. We look forward to speaking via phone with any who are interested in learning more about what we have.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We loved our stay here at Nathan's Alley. Our family of 5 had plenty of room to spread out. We all loved the beds and plush blankets. We stayed cozy at night!
[We] were very impressed with how well-organized the apartment is. Everything is labeled, and direction booklets for all of the appliances are in the binder. For a small kitchen, the amount of small appliances, dishes, etc, is amazing! You have it all--and more! Especially grateful for the Keurig coffee machine and K-cups!
4.7 based on 28 traveler reviews
Haight Ashbury crash pad !! San Francisco
nice little apartment
Very good budget choice option
All five of us were completely bowled over by how well supplied this home is. The kitchen is stocked with everything a group of guests will need, and not just the obvious like dishware and cutlery: for instance the fridge has a rack of condiments, and there was even a six pack of beer! The same is true of the bathrooms and bedrooms: if you have forgotten toiletries then no matter, there is everything you need laid out.
The living room is small for five people but all can fit in if need be. Should you choose to watch TV there is DirectTV, Netflix, and so on. That's not what one wants to do on vacation per se, but sometimes it is nice to kick back after a long day sightseeing, and you will have plenty of options should do so. The owners also have a nice shelf of books and board games to choose from.
The location is decent enough, say a half mile south of the famous painted ladies. It's tending towards the slightly rougher part of town but we experienced no issues, and though vagrants are hanging around unfortunately they do so all over San Francisco. The homeless problem in this city is very sad.
Though very happy with the property overall, there are some issues. Due to a lack of window light, the property is somewhat dingy and musty and you will need lights on most of the time. The trundle bed in the far bedroom is too tall for anyone under 5' 6" (say) to get in and out. Parking is *extremely* tight so put on your Houdini hat to get in and out of the space provided.
As I began, however, there are many more expensive options for SF and so you should expect to compromise at this price. Given the raw materials, the owners have done an excellent job of opening this property to guests.
I would recommend this property and book it again.
Nice and centrally located.
Location was great. Within walking distance from supermarket, restaurants, shops, and transportation. The price of the property was also fair considering kitchenettes would run for about the same without all the extra room.
Great location, great accomodations!
Great time, great place
From the Owner
“The Lower Haight is in the Heart of San Francisco. It's a neighborhood where you'll find an essence of what it means to call San Francisco one's home. It is in close proximity to all the conveniences of city living; close to all the shops, restaurants, groceries, transportation and experience living as a local. Also, it is close to all the must see sights of San Francisco. It is a very vibrant, interesting and diverse neighborhood where guests can enjoy the local flavor and what San Francisco has to offer.”
Activity and Interests
SUNNY LOWER HAIGHT, DUBOCE TRIANGLE, NATHAN'S ALLEY SF, 3 BDRM 1.5 BATH GROUND FLR GARDEN APT with parking, centrally located in SF.
Accommodations: Apartment, 3 bedrooms, 1.5 baths (Sleeps maximum 6)
Centrally located, making all sights eminently accessible, many of them at close hand such as:
A) Dolores Park
B) Mission Dolores Church
C) Golden Gate Park
D) The Castro District
E) Hayes Street Shopping
G) Fillmore Jazz District
H) The Presidio
I) The Marina
J) The Opera House
K) San Francisco City Hall
L) AT & T Park (Baseball)
M) Union Square
O) The Exploratorium
P) The Palace of Fine Arts
Q) The Golden Gate Bridge
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Property Damage Protection $59.00
- cleaning fee $120.00
- Pet Fee $50.00
$250 per night (maximum 6 guests) minimum 3 nights stay
Pet: small well-behaved dog less than 20 lbs considered
Cancellation Policy: Refund with notice of cancellation 30 days prior to arrival date. (except cancellation due to act of god).
From the Owner
“All the amenities and conveniences of city living. Three bedrooms, one and half baths (1-1/2) with all the comforts of home. Transit score: 100 Bike and walk score: 91. Cars may not be necessary. There are rental cars within close proximity.”
- Tourist Attractions
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Toaster ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Games ...
- Music Library ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Toys ...
- Video Library ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- non smoking only ...
- pets considered ...
- wheelchair inaccessible
- botanical garden
- duty free shops
- health/beauty spa
- live theater
- recreation center
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horseback riding
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- golf privileges optional
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- roller blading
- sound/bay fishing
- 1100 sq. ft.
- 1 Bathroom,
- 1 Half Bath
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, granite half bath with storage galore
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, combination tub/shower, marble bathroom from floor to ceiling
- total 1.5 bathroom, 1 full bath (shower over the tub bathroom), half bath with toilet and sink.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen, comfortable, memory foam bed
- Bedroom 3 - 2 twin/ single, trundle bed with 2 twin-sized bedshttps://admin.vrbo.com/lm/
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen, queen-sized bed, serta memory foam, smart-tv room
- Master bedroom with all the luxurious comfort of a hotel bed. Closet with organizer, plenty storage. Alarm clock radio w/ iPhone docking. Living room has queen-sized sofa sleeper bed. Total of 3 queen-sized & 2 twin-sized beds capacity.
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- For family with small children: Graco Pack & Play, Fisher baby bath tub, child booster chair provided. Alamo Square Park & Dolores Park has tennis courts. Go hiking at the Randall Museum area and enjoy the grand view of the city on the top. Buena Vista Park offers a grand view of San Francisco.