Located Just South Of Montana Avenue. Swim In The Pool Or Walk To The Beach.
Step back into time and experience the neighborhood as it once was. The streets lined with beach cottages within walking and biking distance to the cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean and wide Santa Monica beaches. The light and airy nature of each bungalow welcomes you in while you are away from home.
Each bungalow has been newly restored and improved to make your stay as comfortable as any hotel can offer. Add the updated kitchen, privacy, pool and location and these little houses are hard to rival. Each has its own character and each has its own charm.
Poolside Bungalow 1 is located on the back of the property. This tucked away little bungalow was built in 1927. It was part of a grouping of bungalows of which only a few remain. The many windows are encased in vintage trim, swing-out wood casement windows and white washed painted floors. The bedroom is tastefully romantic and features a walk-in closet and direct access to the bathroom with a vintage tub and newly plastered walls. The kitchen is a cooks delight with a Wedgewood stove, dishwasher, farmhouse sink, microwave and coffee maker. The light filled living room is enchanting, surrounded by windows which fill this room with light and the ocean breeze. This room looks out onto the pool and a timber bamboo courtyard. The living space holds two couches and dining room table that comfortably sits six. The two couches can double as beds making this bungalow ideal for a family of four. This property comes with parking for one car.
These two pool bungalows can be rented individually or together. Each opens out onto the private courtyard and shared swimming pool. Each one is lovelier than the next and if you aren't renting both we invite you back to stay in the other one during your next visit.
Inquire into whether or not we are available during your stay via an email or feel free to call us directly.
We love what we do and we love Santa Monica!
Bungalow 2: Our 2 bedroom front bungalow is also listed on VRBO. Feel free to take a look!
About the Owner
The owners of these lovely pool houses chose us to represent their property to help guarantee your stay will be a vacation dream come true. We both live and work in Santa Monica and love being part of this amazing beach community. We have a wealth of information about the area and are here to assist you in any way we can.
4.9 based on 19 traveler reviews
Cute, comfortable and clean!
Santa Monica Bungalow with pool
I want to move to Santa Monica now
If you like being active outside, nearby beaches, general bodily warmth (screw the midwest), an abundance of local dogs to pet, killer restaurants, close proximity to the Santa Monica stairs (or as I like to call them "Sweaty Steps of Death") and two of the friendliest hosts VRBO has to offer in Lisa and Colette...then book this place right now.
Great bungalow in Santa Monica!
exactly as the picture
From the Owner
“This property is unique to all of Santa Monica. These two beach bungalows are one of the few private 1920 properties with a private pool for swimming and lounging around on a lazy summer day with a book. As an architect, the owner saw the potential to restore these bungalows in an open, clean, light filled, simple, colorful and modern genre.”
Activity and Interests
Located just south of Montana and within walking distance of the 3rd Street Promenade. Just 9 blocks from the Palisades Park and bluffs overlooking The Pacific Ocean. 20 minutes north of the airport and south of Malibu. Perfectly located!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jun 13 2015 - Sep 13 2015
7 night minimum stay
Nov 23 2015 - Nov 30 2015
5 night minimum stay
Dec 19 2015 - Jan 4 2016
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Exit Cleaning $150
- Refundable damage deposit $300
Please ask about special rates if you are renting for 30 days or longer.
From the Owner
“There aren't any hotels on Montana Avenue, but there is the best place to stay in town just half a block away. These 2 pool bungalows are within walking distance to Montana Avenue, the 3rd Street Promenade & the ocean! It doesn't get any better than that.”
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- health/beauty spa
- live theater
- horseback riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- deepsea fishing
- pier fishing
- roller blading
- sound/bay fishing
- 600 sq. ft.
- 1 Bathroom
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- Beautifully done, spa like bathrooms make you feel pampered after a long day. This zen like bathroom makes this cottage feel like your on your own little retreat.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 3
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen
- The romance and simplicity of this bedroom will settle anyone in for a peaceful night's sleep. The room has 'throw open' casement window that make you feel like you are in Europe. There is a walk-in closet with plenty of space to keep your clothes and lots of hooks for easy hanging.
- Deck / Patio ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- Step into the clean and simple life. This back bungalow is a special place. Step back into time. The light filled living room is surrounded by windows and looks out onto the pool. The wood dining room table comfortably sits 6. The renovated kitchen, with its farmer's sink and marble countertops is a mix of modern and vintage design. The bedroom is comfortable with plenty of storage for those looking for a long term rental. The pool is the icing on the cake. It doesn't get any better than this if you are looking for the perfect vacation property in Santa Monica. It is a 3 minute walk to the grocery store. There is Babalu's, Rosti, Louise's, Father's Office, Kreation Kafe and Caffe Luxxe all just around the corner between 9th & 11th Street. Want to walk to the beach. 9 blocks down Montana Ave. brings you to the overpass. Head over the bridge and you're at the beach! Forget the hotel lobby & still have everything you need right at your fingertips.