5 Bedrooms, 5 Full Baths, 3 Living Rooms, 2 Fireplaces, Sauna, Steam Rm, Hot Tub
Lovely home in South Lake Tahoe (Tahoe Paradise) available for short and long term rental. 5 minutes from Heavenly Valley, 40 minutes to Squaw Valley and Kirkwood, in a peaceful residential neighborhood. 10 minute drive to the lake and beaches and 10 minutes to the casinos.
The house borders national forest land with 400 miles of hiking, biking and snowmobile tails… You could even walk all the way to Los Angles through this forest without ever seeing a city!)
This spacious, peaceful, and well appointed 5,800 sq. ft. home is spread out over 3 floors and can accommodate up to 14.
The house has 5 bedrooms, (one bedroom with a great office area as well) 5 full baths, 3 living rooms, lounge room, 2 fireplaces, large kitchen with dining table, granite counters, dishwasher, expansive decks and outdoor area, formal dining room, large sauna and large steam room (both with view to the back yard), Swedish shower, Hot Tub, laundry room with washer and dryer, and 2 car heated garage--all set on a 1 acre lot with a huge lawn, view of the forest--and a great tree house to boot.
This house offers privacy, green, green vistas, tons of natural light, and the comforts of a spa in house. Floors are a mix of hardwood and carpet, and all have radiant/floor heat. The house comes with Wi-Fi and cable TV on any of the 5 40” flat screen TVs. It is a great place to vacation, to relax, and simply to be.
Beds in Bedrooms are as follows:
Bedroom #1= 1 King and 1 Queen
Bedroom #2= 1 Double and 1 twin
Bedroom #3= 1 Queen with a twin bunk
Bedroom #4= 1 Queen
Bedroom #5= 1 Queen
*To see virtual tours, please look for link by scrolling down to the 'WEB LINKS' section, which is just after MANAGER INFO at the bottom. Or paste this Link into your browser:
**If you are looking for Medium or Long term rates, please inquire.
*This home has a County Vacation Rental Permit --#1972
*We love pets, but I am sorry to say that after a couple of bad experiences we can no longer accept them as guests.
*Check-in is at 4pm, and check-out is at noon--but let us know your ideal time and we'll accommodate it if we can.
-A few of the 'Dont's' and 'No's': No smoking. And no loud parties or events in this rental, as the house is in a residential neighborhood where people really value the quiet of the woods and their homes. But this rule is a win-win: Good for the peace of our neighbors and good for renters too!
The county, the sherifs department and the neighbors in Tahoe are all vigilant regarding three things:
1. PARKNG 2. NOISE 3. GARBAGE
Renters must respect the laws regarding these issues, or citations will be issued directly to them, and also (potentially) to the property owner. Please know and respect the following:
1. PARKING: No street parking is allowed during snow removal conditions or between Nov. 1 and May 1. When street parking is allowed, it is only allowed directly in front of the curb closet to the house. The house has a garage that can house 2 cars and space for 4 medium size cars in the drive way. Parking is limited to 5 cars in total.
2. DISPOSAL OF GARBAGE: All garbage must be properly disposed of in the property's locked 'bear boxs' and no food or food items are to be left in the yard, on decks, or in vehicles. It's really dangerous for the people and bad for the bears!
3. NOISE: Renters must keep noise to a level that does not intrude on the peace of neighbors. Or as the county likes to say,renters 'must not create unreasonable noise or disturbances, engage in disorderly conduct, or violate provisions of, the El Dorado County Code or any State law pertaining to noise or disorderly conduct.' (Please help all enjoy this special place!)
--Cost to repair any damage to the house (repairs or cleaning) caused by any pets (or people) brought to or staying in the house are (of course) the responsibility of the renter.
--A signed rental contract is required for all rentals, as is a security deposit.
About the Owner
5 based on 3 traveler reviews
Family Reunion Holiday for New Year's Eve!!!Family Reunion Holiday for New Year's Eve!!!
First, Kate was an amazing contact person throughout the booking process: professional, prompt and very accommodating. She even arranged for us to meet the on sight property manage, Cesar, a few weeks ahead of time to preview the property!! That was so helpful.
The house came completely stocked with any and everything we could need. I am used to having to run out to a store to buy many of the items for cooking, light housekeeping, paper products....well, this place was stocked like a bunker!!!
Cesar was such a gem!!!!!!!! He checked in on us each morning. He is good about texting and responding to questions very quickly. It happened we were there during an incredible cold spell, with temps near zero nightly. We wanted to use the gas grill and Cesar spent the better part of one morning helping us figure out how to 'thaw' out the propane and when that didn't work, he went out to find or buy us a whole new propane tank!!
In summary, the management and service we were provided were impeccable.
As for the property: well, take a look at the photos: it was better in person!!!! We had so much room, many places to spread out, have privacy or sit as a large group all around the dining room table. The furnishings were all high quality and comfortable, the beautiful wood floors were heated and made the house so warm and cozy. The steam, sauna and hot tub were all used by some combination of our group and were each amazing. We found sledding toys in the garage and were able to "sled" down the side of the yard as well as side of the street! The location was just minutes away from all of the shopping, restaurants, Heavenly and casinos. Seriously, people: we have visited/rented many times via VRBO, all over the world........this place is worth the money and worth the visit!!!!!!!!!! I would go back again in a heartbeat. I cannot speak for a warm weather visit as we were there in the dead of winter right after a snowstorm and coldfront came through, but I imagine it would be every bit as nice. If you are looking for a site for a family reunion, THIS IS IT!!!!!
Nothing short of amazing!
From the Owner
“This house was purchased after looking at many (many!) others. Our family (5 kids included!) lived here for years. It was our dream house, and we have always treated it that way. We love having the full expanse of woods behind the house, having a great tree house that the kids (and even the adults!) often enjoy, the huge yard with the privacy the fencing and ease for the dogs that the fencing gives. A large sauna and stream room to use after skiing. And most of all--being so close to all the outdoor activities we so enjoy here. We no longer live here full time, but still enjoy the house when we can. We hope those who stay here will enjoy and value it as we do!”
Activity and Interests
Great area for all outdoor activities! Beaches, ski resorts, hiking, biking, and more.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
April, May & June
Apr 1 2015 - Jun 30 2015
3 night minimum stay
July & August
Jul 1 2015 - Aug 31 2015
3 night minimum stay
Sept., Oct. & Nov.
Sep 1 2015 - Nov 30 2015
3 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable damage deposit $2,000
- Cleaning (end of stay) $400 + Tax
- Tax Rate 10.0%
Signed rental contract and security deposit required.
Please note: light housekeeping (1 hour per day in the mooring) is included in the rental. Rates listed are for groups of up to 14.
The county, the sherifs department, and the neighbors in Tahoe are all vigilant regarding obeying laws on
1. PARKNG 2. NOISE and 3. GARBAGE. See info.
From the Owner
“So close to all the best places! Boarders National Forest land with 400 miles of trails. Near the places you want to visit and with a great view of the forest.”
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed ...
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Mountain View
- health/beauty spa
- live theater
- recreation center
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- gambling casinos
- horseback riding
- miniature golf
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
- wildlife viewing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- cross country skiing
- equestrian events
- freshwater fishing
- hot air ballooning
- ice skating
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- rock climbing
- roller blading
- scuba diving or snorkeling
- water skiing
- water tubing
- whitewater rafting
- 5800 sq. ft.
- 5 Bathrooms
- Lower Level Spa Bathroom - toilet, shower, Large Sauna. Large Steam room. Swedish Shower.
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, combination tub/shower, Ground Floor
- Master Bathroom 3 - toilet, tub, shower, Large, luxurious bathroom in Master Bedroom
- Bathroom 4 - toilet, combination tub/shower, This bath is in bedroom #4
- Bathroom 5 - toilet, combination tub/shower, This bath is in bedroom #5
- The lower level bathroom is an in-house spa. Large Sauna. Large Steam room. Swedish Shower. Fabulous after a long hike or day at the ski resort!
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- Bedroom #1 - 1 king, 1 queen, Ensuit Bathroom, Carpet, views
- Bedroom #2 - 1 double, 1 twin/ single, 1 Double and 1 Twin bed, ensuite bathroom
- Bedroom #4 - Queen bed. Carpeting. Window to the Front.
- Bedroom 5 - 1 queen, Queen Bed, office, connects to the spa, views to back yard
- Bedroom #3 - 1 queen, 1 bunk bed, Queen Bed with Twin Bunk, Ensuite Bathroom.
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website
- *Housekeeping is provided for 1 hour a day, for light cleaning at no charge. There is a charge of $400 to clean the house after your stay.