3 Bedrooms, 2 Full Baths, Powder Rm, Lr, Dr, Exquisite Kitchen, Family Rm, 3 Fp
The house is one of the most charming homes in downtown Charleston. The property has been extensively renovated to provide a fantastic home stay for the sophisticated urbanite. The home is beautifully appointed with antique furniture and fittings, comfortable beds with luxury linens and fabrics, ample seating with leather couches and cozy chairs. There are three televisions, all with cable access, wi-fi, and a music system. The bathrooms have been totally renovated to provide state-of-the-art fixtures, tastefully blended to fit in with the house. The large kitchen is fully equipped for all your needs and decorated to feel like you are sitting in the south of France.
Double courtyards offer private outdoor space and dining both containing fountains, plants, and flowers. There are beautiful wrought iron gates that lock for security and privacy, an outdoor lighting system for an easy entry after an evening out, and a home security system. There is parking inside the gate or directly outside the gate on the street for your convenience should you need your car. Take a look at this extraordinary property and immerse yourself in everything that historic and modern Charleston has to offer. And at the end of a full day of sightseeing, you are only a quick walk or bicycle-cab away from the house.
Walk everywhere you want to be in downtown Charleston in minutes. The house is literally only steps away from numerous sights: Gibbes Museum of Art, the newly renovated Historic Charleston City Market, Customs House Museum, Slave Museum, Dock Street Theater, Footlights Players Theater, St. Phillip’s Church and Cemetery, the Circular Congregational Church (with weekly concerts), South Carolina’s Aquarium, numerous art galleries, restaurants, antique shops, and unique shopping.
Within a short walk of the house are the Cooper River with its popular quay-side park for walking and jogging; restaurants (Husk, Cru, Magnolias, Fig, Hanks, Ansons); beautiful historic homes and cobblestone streets to walk day or night that make you feel like you have stepped back in time (walking tours are the best way to experience downtown Charleston’s charm).
And don’t forget other destinations such as the ferry to Fort Sumter, tours to Magnolia Plantation and gardens, Folly Beach, and lots of golf opportunities. There is a reason Charleston has been named the number one city in the world by Conde Nast, and if you want to know what it feels like to actually live in this beautiful city, Trott’s Cottage is your opportunity to experience the magic.
About the Owner
Owner is a chef and caterer. The kitchen is designed and fully equipped to meet all your needs. We chose this location because it is in walking distance off great restaurants, museums, theaters, and shopping.
5 based on 3 traveler reviews
Wonderful week at Trott'sWonderful week at Trott's
From the Owner
“This is our dream house. We've always loved Charleston and visited nearly every year. We bought the house earlier this year and plan on retiring here eventually. When we're here at Trott's Cottage, we enjoy all that downtown Charleston has to offer. Now our guests can do the same.”
Activity and Interests
The house is only steps away from numerous sights: Gibbes Museum of Art, Historic Charleston City Market, Customs House Museum, Slave Museum, Dock Street Theater, Footlights Players Theater, St. Phillip’s Church and Cemetery, the Circular Congregational Church (with weekly concerts), numerous art galleries, restaurants, antique shops, and great shopping. Within a short walk are the Cooper River with park and restaurants, historic homes and scenic walks, South Carolina Aquarium, and of course, more restaurants and places to have fun. And don’t forget other destinations such as the ferry to Fort Sumter, Magnolia Plantation and gardens, and lots of golf opportunities.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Aug 11 - Aug 12
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Property Damage Protection $89
- Tax Rate 9.5%
The weekly rate is for six nights
Check-in: 4:00 pm and check-out: 11:00 am
Cleaning charge: $150
Insurance protection required at booking
Standard rate is not in effect during the Spoleto Festival
25% of the deposit made at the time of booking is non-refundable. However, if sufficient notice of cancellation is provided and the rental can be re-booked, the full deposit will be refunded.
From the Owner
“We love historic homes and this house is one of the most interesting in Charleston. It is steeped in history.”
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- live theater
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 2300 sq. ft.
- 2 Bathrooms,
- 1 Half Bath
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, combination tub/shower, Bathroom services bedroom 2 and bedroom 3.
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower, Master Bath with French doors /faux balcony and double sinks
- Bathroom 3 - toilet, Powder room off family room and kitchen.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen, Four poster bed with memory foam mattress in large room
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen, MB suite, French carved wood bed with new mattress/box sprin
- Bedroom 3 - 1 twin/ single, French iron day bed; room serves primarily as library/office
- Bedroom #1 (front room) has a four-poster bed with a memory foam mattress (extremely comfortable with great support). Also contains antique drop down top desk, chest of drawers, and end tables. Also fireplace and mantle (not functional). This bedroom accesses bath by going through BR #2 (or using powder room) Bedroom #2 (rear bedroom) is part of the master bedroom suite consisting of sitting room, bedroom, and bath. Bedroom contains French carved wood bed with new queen size mattress/box spring, two chests, 3 closets, and balcony overlooking St. Philip's Church cemetery (whose bells chime the quarter-hour). Sitting area contains sitting area with French doors overlooking courtyards and washer/dryer/ironing board. Also has access to spiral staircase leading down to courtyard/ Bedroom #3 is a library/bedroom and contains a French iron day bed, two bookcases, desk/chair and walk-in closet. Has fireplace and mantle (not functional). A second full bath is next to this bedroom.
- Balcony ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- Please note that we cannot accommodate renters with children. Car not needed as location is in the midst of restaurants, museums, shopping, and theaters. However, one spot is available for renters in the inner courtyard and there is also residential parking on the street in front of the driveway.