3 Bedrooms, 3.5 Bathrooms, Sleeps 6
With out a doubt, this house is in the absolute best neighborhood/location in all of San Francisco. Imagine living directly across from the iconic Eiffel Tower in Paris or the Forum in Rome with a shimmering lake in the foreground! This beautifully restored Marina home has every bit of that and even more! Directly across from your living room window remains the last structured remnant of the 1915 Panama Pacific worlds fair: 'The Palace of Fine Arts,' or 'The Fine Arts Palace,' as it was once referred to. This fair was an epic event that commemorated the completion of the Panama canal and the rebirth of San Francisco from the disastrous 1906 earthquake and fire. The exposition consumed the entire marina district with structures, many of which were abandoned after the fair, leading it to be referred to as the 'Phantom City.'
With many of its luxurious amenities, this home offers 3000 sq ft of living space over three floors. The fully stocked large eat-in chef's kitchen has a Sub Zero refrigerator and Wolf Range. The spacious deck located off of the kitchen leads to the beautiful backyard where the entertainment room is located. Sliding doors open to the covered patio with barbeque, fireplace and dining table. The entertainment room features a 65 inch flat panel TV, beer dispenser, microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher and half bath.
The master bedroom has a breathtaking view of the Palace of Fine Arts and features a California king bed, walk in closet, flat panel TV, and blackout curtains. The master en suite bath features double sinks and heated tile floors. The second bedroom offers a king size bed, couch, and large closet/lounge area. The third bedroom has a full size canopy bed. Luxury linens include Frette sheets and Turkish bath towels.
The romantic dining room/library has a crystal chandelier and shimmering silver walls. Enjoy a wonderful dinner or relax and peruse our library.
The living room is elegant, luxurious and irresistibly comfortable. Lounge by the fireplace and enjoy a glass of wine while being mesmerized by the breathtaking Palace View.
Retreat to the study to unwind and watch the latest movie or favorite show on the large flat screen TV.
This well-appointed home has all the amenities and location that one would need for an enjoyable San Francisco experience. You will have access to all entertainment systems, including Apple TV, TiVo, full cable line up, wireless internet, and Sonos music system throughout the home.
No parties or gatherings are permitted beyond the number of registered guests (6) allowed to stay. We are in a quiet neighborhood and want to respect our neighbors.
Please have a completed VRBO/HomeAway profile before requesting a reservation. In your request, tell us more about yourself and each guest who plans to stay and your plans during your visit.
Best place to stay in SF
About the Owner
Please refer to our website: TheBoxwoodhouse.com
4.9 based on 13 traveler reviews
Best place to stay in SF
What a wonderfull experience
The incredible outside view (palace of fine arts) was a very pleasant companion. Very quiet neighborhood, close to the marina and chesnut st.
The manager was very polite and helpfull.
We definetely look forward to returning.
Spectacular San Francisco Home
Being honest, I think it will be very difficult to find such a great house with a view like this one. What a wonderful vacation we had! Outside, a very peaceful neighborhood, an incredible front view, with very pleasant weather. We had perfect mornings and evenings jogging on the waterfront.
Inside, a very comfortable house, with every single luxury detail at our disposal. We had unforgettable times cooking, eating or watching movies.
Thanks for the manager (Joseph) for all the attention and kindness. Congratulations for a such professional and polite service.
We wish Joseph and the owners a spectacular 2015, with lots of peace and joy!
The View is Amazing!!
This Home Greatly Exceeded Our Expectations
- Cathay B.
San Francisco, CA
Activity and Interests
Located in the Marina district of San Francisco, one of the most favored neighborhoods in the city and it's just ten minutes by car to Union Square but worlds away from the hustle and bustle. This makes it a perfect location that is truly second to none in San Francisco. The area boasts the finest weather, shopping, dinning, and social scene the city has to offer. We are just down the block from the local yacht harbor, beach and outdoor recreation areas, and a short distance to the famous Golden Gate Bridge. We are within walking distance to Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, Ghirardelli Square and Presidio National Park.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable damage deposit $1,000
- Property Damage Protection $99
- Cleaning $300
Reservations less than one week are not accepted more than 30 days in advance
53 foot Yacht rental for a day on the bay including lunch and drinks.
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning ...
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Fireplace ...
- Garage ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Toaster ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- Game Room ...
- Games ...
- Music Library ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Video Library ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- not suitable for children ...
- pets not allowed ...
- smoking allowed ...
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Monument View
- Water View
- botanical garden
- health/beauty spa
- live theater
- bird watching
- horseback riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
- whale watching
- wildlife viewing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- deepsea fishing
- equestrian events
- pier fishing
- roller blading
- 3000 sq. ft.
- 3 Bathrooms,
- 1 Half Bath
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, combination tub/shower, Main Floor Bath
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, shower, Master Suite, Heated Floor
- Bathroom 3 - toilet, combination tub/shower, Third Floor Hall Bath
- Bathroom 4 - toilet, Entertainment Room Bath
- Both bathrooms upstairs have marble floors with radiant heat set at the perfect temperature. Beautiful Palace of Fine Arts view from main floor full bath. Recreation room is equipped with its own half bath. All four bathrooms have been completely remolded and equipped with high end fixtures.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 king, California King, Frette Linens
- Bedroom 2 - 1 king, Frette Linens
- Bedroom 3 - 1 double, Frette Linens
- Master bedroom is 14X17 or over 300 square feet, hard wood floors with a luxury California King bed. Second bedroom is just as large with a walk in closet, sitting area. Third bedroom is equipped with a full size bed.
- Balcony ...
- Boat ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Guests provide their own meals
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website
- 53 foot motor yacht available for private charter (additional fee). Property manager can assist with any other special requests. Go to www.theboxwoodhouse.com for further information Rates include weekly housekeeping with a one-time charge of $285.00. No one permitted outside on, or under the patio/deck areas after 10pm on weekdays and 11pm on weekends. This house is not suitable for small children. The house is located in a quiet residential neighborhood so, please be respectful of our neighbor’s privacy and its surroundings. No parties or gatherings are permitted beyond the number of registered guests (6) allowed to stay. Thank you.