* In an approximately 2.5 hr drive from Chicago, 25 minutes east of St. Joeseph, MI, you can be at Cable Lake, one of the Sister Lakes! This lovely & bright, freshly remodeled & decorated cottage with a view to Cable Lake, a non-motorized private lake with great swimming and fishing.
In 35 steps from the cottage or across a rarely traveled road, you are at the grassy area, sandy beach and lake. The private association, main beach has a sandy beach, a pier, diving floats & picnic pavillion. (The gradual depth lake is a great set up for small children, older children love the pier and floating docks).
Cable Lake is part of the Sister Lakes area which consists of summer homes and some year round homes on several beautiful lakes all within walking and biking distance from each other. A favorite 'get away' destination for many years.
* In 2006 the entire cottage was remodeled. We installed new bamboo floors, new walls, curtains, bedding, dishes and more. Every year we do things to keep the cottage fresh!.
* The cottage has 2 bedrooms, (1 with a queen bed, 1 with 2-twins)and a queen pullout sofa in the living room.
* The cottage has 2 A/C units and 3 ceiling fans it is also heated & cozy all year round!
#1 Enjoy the lovely weather at the beach, grilling & relaxing on the property. Enjoy dining and playing games on the screened porch, roasting marshmellows over the firepit or enjoy the evening sunset from the cottage or the row boat.
* Children enjoy the sandy beach with shallow area & gradually increasing water depth, pier & jumping off floats.
* The cottage has a row boat for your use or you can rent a paddle boat nearby. Cable Lake is one of the few, if not only, lakes in Sister Lakes with no motors or motor sports & no public access. This allows for a very relaxing experience.
* A fishing pier in the association is just a 3 minute walk from the cottage. Cable Lake is one of the deepest of the Sister Lakes over 45 ft deep in some areas. Because it is a no motor lake the fishing is great. Wildwood Association regularly stocks the lake. There is Bass, Northern Pike, Bluegill, Walleye and Perch. MI permits required. Directions to the fishing pier and a 3rd pier for swimming are in the cottage in the, 'blue information album/book'
* If you like water sports, Magician Lake, across the main road,(or any of the neighboring lakes),have public access launch areas, you can unload your gear & play all day & return to the peace of Cable Lake, (you can park your gear on our double lot).
* Bring your bikes & ride to the neighboring lakes, local ice cream parlor, bars, shops, full service day spa, restaurants, bowling alley or farm stands.
* Shop at the local farmers markets, visit & dine in downtown Dowagiac, enjoy the antique shops and winery's.
*Your 15-30 minutes from many attractions such as several Michigan Winery's, St. Joeseph Michigan. You are a short drive from Saugatuk, South Haven and many other lovely towns & attractions.
*Proceed straight west to St. Joseph, MI on Lake Michigan for a great day trip. It is less than 20 minutes away and has beautiful Silver Beach with a beachfront playground, massive splash fountain, childrens museum and historic carousal right at the beach. The quaint town has art galleries, antique and gift shops and lots of restaurants and cafes!
* In the fall you will enjoy the beautiful fall leaves, crisp fresh air, grilling and bonfires on the property. Take a hike, walk, bike or fish on Cable Lake. You will be able to enjoy the screened porch thru October & beyond. Enjoy the farmers markets, local corn maze, apple & pumpkin picking near by. There are many Winery's in the area & quaint towns to visit!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 23 2015 - Sep 12 2015
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Deposit required via personal check, dated the first day of your stay, to reserve the date. Deposit is fully refundable upon leaving cottage in "broom clean" condition per the check out information provided.
The full week rent must be paid in full by cashiers check or money order, at least 4 weeks prior to your stay.
Keys and check in information will then be mailed to you prior to your stay.
Reserve now for best dates! $300 deposit to reserve.
Summer season $885 per week, $950 for 4th of July week.
Send an email and I will send you a reservation form and more information about the cottage, including its amenities & suggested items to bring. I will also email a list of local links in regard to places to go and things to see.
Rates are weekly based on Saturday 3pm check In and Sat. 11am
check Out. Weekly preferred, 4 night minimum if available, inquire for rates and availability.
2015 - Book best dates now with $300 refundable deposit! No additional cleaning fee!
Now till May 22, 2015 $700 per week, Sat to Sat. $140 per night, 4 night min. if available.
*May 23th thru Sept. 12,(Labor Day), $885 per week, $170 per night, (4 night min. if available)
** The week that includes July 4th is $950, Sat to Sat.
*** Labor Day Weekend - If Available Fri-Mon $550
Notre Dame Game Weekends! 30-40 minutes away. Winery Tour Weekends, Fall Color and Fruit Picking Weekends or Ski Weekends!
Fall Weekends- $385 for a 3 day 2 night weekend check in Friday anytime and out on Sunday anytime or $140 per night for 3+ nights. Early check in and late check out if available.
To Book: Call/email to discuss dates & info and receive confirmation that the dates are available.
I will then reserve it for 7 days waiting for below:
* Copy of your drivers license, (xerox or color copy, of person booking and writing the deposit checks).
* Completed Reservation Form, (I will send it to you via email, fax or mail).
* $300.00 security deposit in a personal check dated the first day of your stay due to reserve. This will confirm the booking.
100% of the weekly rental amount in the form of a cashiers check or money order due four weeks prior to stay. All checks made out to: Ardel McKenna
Upon receipt of payment in full, I will mail the keys to you approximately 1-2 weeks before your stay.
Cancellation - All Deposits 100% refundable with minimum 45 days notice prior to rental date