Condo, 2 Bedrooms, 1.5 Baths, 8 Sleeps
Imperial Beach Sand and Sea Retreat:
Imperial Beach is the most southwesterly community in the continental United States, with white sand beaches and great weather. Imperial Beach is located approximately 10 miles south of downtown San Diego. This condo has two bedrooms and 1-1/2 bathrooms and is 1050 square feet (98 square meters) in size over three levels. Dual-pane windows have been installed throughout for comfort and quiet. The condo includes high-quality furnishings and housewares to make your vacation stress-free.
The lower level is an attached 2-car garage with full-sized washer and dryer and storage for beach gear including beach chairs, beach towels, body boards for both kids and adults, 2 beach cruiser bicycles, a beach cart, umbrella, and beach toys for kids.
The middle (street entrance) level includes a half bath, kitchen, dining room, living room and a small patio. The kitchen has a gas range and oven, full-size refrigerator, dishwasher and built-in microwave and includes cookware, flatware, knives, dishes, glasses and accessories. The dining room has 6 chairs but will comfortably seat 8 (there are additional folding chairs). The living room includes a leather chaise/sofa and two leather chairs, a 47" LCD TV with extended HD programming including HBO, a DVD/CD player and stereo, and high-speed secure wireless internet. Local and domestic long-distance phone calls are free. The small patio includes a propane grill and two chairs.
The upper level has two bedrooms separated by a full bath. Bedroom #1 features a queen bed, twin bunk beds, a 3-drawer dresser and a large wardrobe. Bedroom #2 features a queen bed and 6-drawer dresser in the large closet. There are also 2 "Hide-A-Mats," basically folding mattresses suitable for kids. All linens and comforters are included. The full bathroom upstairs has been competely renovated in December 2013 and has a bathtub with shower. Lots of nice towels are provided.
About the Owner
1 traveler review
Activity and Interests
San Diego is a great place to visit at any time of the year. Here's
a list of some activities and key locations within driving
All times and distances are taken from Mapquest:
* San Diego International Airport (23 minutes, 17.3 miles)
* San Diego Zoo (21 minutes, 15.8 miles)
* Balboa Park Museums (19 minutes, 14.4 miles)
* Sea World San Diego (26 minutes (20.6 miles)
* Legoland (50 minutes, 46.2 miles)
* Disneyland (1:47, 106.9 miles)
* Disney California Adventure (1:48, 107.0 miles)
* Knott's Theme Park (1:54, 113.3 miles)
* Six Flags Magic Mountain (2:50, 168.3 miles)
* U.S./Mexico Border, San Ysidro Port of Entry (11 minutes, 7.4
* Indian Gaming Casinos
Sycuan Casino and Resort (43 minutes, 32.6 miles)
Barona Valley Ranch & Casino (42 minutes, 34.1 miles)
Viejas Casino (47 minutes, 40.3 miles)
* Petco Park/San Diego Padres (18 minutes, 12.9 miles)
* Star of India/San Diego Maritime Museum (20 minutes, 15.6 miles)
* USS Midway/SD Aircraft Carrier Museum (20 minutes, 13.4 Miles)
* Gaslamp Quarter/Downtown San Diego (19 minutes, 13.8 miles)
* Seaport Village (19 minutes, 13.3 miles)
* Old Town San Diego (21 minutes, 17.3 miles)
* Hornblower San Diego Bay Cruise (20 minutes, 13.8 miles)
* Over 80 public-access golf courses in San Diego County
* Wine Tasting in Temecula (1:10, 69.6 miles)
* Hotel Del Coronado/Coronado Island (13 minutes, 8.3 miles)
* Deep-Sea fishing charters (1/2 day to multi-day)
H & M Sportfishing (25 minutes, 18.8 miles)
Seaforth Sportfishing (25 minutes, 20.6 miles)
Point Loma Sportfishing (25 minutes 18.6 miles)
Islandia Sportfishing (23 minutes, 17.3 miles)
* Whale Watching (from Sportfishing docks, December - March)
* Surfing (IB is one of the top surfing beaches in San Diego)
* Bicycling (IB is flat, mountain biking areas nearby)
* Birdwatching at Tijuana River Estuary (1/2 mile away)
* Doing Absolutely Nothing on the Beach (3 minute walk)
Imperial Beach Climate Information:
Month Avg. High Avg. Low Avg. Precip. Avg. Noon Humidity
January 65 45 1.6" 55%
February 66 47 1.4" 58%
March 65 49 1.8" 60%
April 67 52 0.8" 59%
May 67 56 0.2" 65%
June 69 59 0.1" 69%
July 73 63 0.0" 69%
August 75 65 0.1" 68%
September 76 63 0.2" 66%
October 73 57 0.4" 60%
November 69 50 1.6" 57%
December 65 46 &nb
- Weekly Rate: $750 - $1250
Monthly Rate: $2200 - $2200
6 adults maximum, 8 persons maximum. Rentals are for a minimum of one week.
February 28, 2014 to May 17, 2014 - $750 per week or $2200 for a stay of 30 days; rates and arrival times are negotiable with lower rates for longer stays.
May 17, 2014 to June 7, 2014 - $1,000 per week (Saturday-to-Saturday only).
June 7, 2014 to August 16, 2014 - $1,250 per week (Saturday-to-Saturday only).
August 16, 2014 to September 6, 2014 - $1,000 per week (Saturday-to-Saturday only).
September 6, 2014 to May 16, 2015 - $750 per week or $2200 for a stay of 30 days; rates and arrival times are negotiable with lower rates for longer stays.
December 20, 2014 to December 27, 2014 - $1,000 for the week.
December 27, 2014 to January 3, 2015 - $1,000 for the week.
Discounts of 10% are generally available for rentals booked within one month of the arrival date. Discounts are also available for returning guests.
There are two additional charges, a 10% City of Imperial Beach Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) added to the rates above (for all stays shorter than 30 days, no tax on stays of 30 days or longer), and a $75 cleaning fee. A $500 refundable security deposit is also required.
Weekly arrival is typically 4:00 p.m. on Saturdays, with departure at 12:00 noon on Saturdays. Arrival and departure day and time is usually negotiable during the off-season. For weekly stays, a non-refundable $300 deposit is due at booking or 3 months prior to arrival (whichever is later), with the balance due 1 month prior to the arrival date.
- pets not allowed
- Beach View
- 1 Bathroom,
- 1 Half Bath
- Bathroom 1
- Half Bathroom
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Kitchen: * Refrigerator * Dishwasher * Gas Oven and Range * Built-In Microwave Oven * LP-fueled BBQ Grill * Coffee Maker and Grinder * Dishes, Flatware, Glassware, Cookware * 4-slice Toaster * Blender * Hand Mixer * Serving Pieces and Bakeware * Knives Entertainment: * 47" LCD widescreen HDTV with HD cable and HBO * Secure Wireless Broadband Internet (no extra charge) * A/V Receiver * DVD/CD Player * Free Local and Domestic Long Distance Phone Calls * Miscellaneous Games * Various paperbacks (take one, leave one) (NOTE: No DVD's or CD's are provided, but rentals are nearby) The Neighborhood: * Imperial Beach is a small, laid-back beach town * Beautiful sandy beaches * 1/2 block to beach access * At least 8 Casual Restaurants within a 5-minute walk * Convenience store 100 yards away * 1/2 mile walk to Tijuana River Wildlife Preserve/Trails * 1/4 mile walk to YMCA Camp Surf for Kids 8-16 * Bike everywhere in flat Imperial Beach * Exclusive Coronado with many fine restaurants is 7 miles north along the "Silver Strand." Beach Stuff: * 4 high-quality backpack beach chairs * Beach umbrella * 4 or more body boards (2 adult, 2 kids' size) * 6 or more beach towels * 2 Adult "Cruiser-Style" bicycles * Beach cart * Cooler * Beach tote bag * Shovel to create your own custom beach chair in the sand Other Items: * Full-size Kenmore washer and dryer * Full-size ironing board and steam iron * Hair dryer and styling wand * First-Aid Kit * Pack-N-Play Portable Crib * Booster Seat * Small patio has two chairs and cocktail table * Smoking allowed on patio only * Sorry, pets are not allowed