Cottage, 2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 6 Sleeps
Envision yourself in a cottage that's a member of a great home owner association but
not a single-floor condo unit, then allow me to welcome you to
my Bermuda-style cottage in the Truman Annex in Old Town. There is
great privacy with a large master bedroom suite with a very
comfortable king bed and full bath upstairs and the second bedroom
with twin beds and a full bath downstairs. If there are kids, we
have a pull out queen size couch in the living room.
If you liked theme week getaways for your honeymoon; anniversary;
birthday; or romance; A Touch of Bermuda can
provide it. Just ask.
About the Owner
You should know I am not a real estate agent but the actual owner of this cottage. I live in Key West half the year and in Boston the other half. I am public relations consultant, professional actor, and a college professor in marketing at a business school in Cambridge, MA
4.6 based on 8 traveler reviews
Quiet cottage, close to everything
The upstairs master "suite" is very large and has a king bed, flatscreen TV and a chair. There is also a pack-n-play for little ones. Our 2.5 year-old daughter slept in it all week!
On your first night, set the coffee pot to come on in the AM. Wake up the next morning to the smell of coffee and the sound of roosters crowing (chickens are everywhere in Key West). Sip your coffee on the front porch, enjoy the island breeze and watch the rest of the Annex come to life.
Truman Annex is 2.5 blocks away from Duval Street, so you're far enough away from the noise when you want to relax, but close enough to the action when you want to go out. You're also 2 blocks from Blue Heaven and La Creperie - our two favorite breakfast venues.
If you're physically able to ride a bike, rent bikes for your stay! You don't have to worry with parking your car, and you get to see so much more of Key West! By the way, Sunshine Bike Rental will take you to the airport at the end of the stay, free of charge.
You won't be disappointed with "A Touch of Bermuda". It has all the comforts of home - but it's located in KEY WEST!!
We hope to go again next year.
We hope to go again next year.
Best Vacation Ever!
The cottage was clean and well maintained. We loved sitting on the front porch and watching the people go by.......everyone is so friendly in KW. The back porch was wonderful. I sat out there every morning with a cup of coffee and my book. How relaxing is that??
The owner gave us terrific suggestions for places to see and eat. The place to go for breakfast is Blue Heaven! Great pancakes and yummy specials. We ate lunch at the Fort Taylor snack bar.......hamburgers were good! Dinner.......Conch Republic Seafood Company, Babalou's were good!
We went on the Tortuga IV fishing excursion. Great time had by all!! We loved our vacation in KW! Can't wait to go back!
Best location, best amenities, great owner
TOP TEN REASONS TO RENT A TOUCH OF BERMUDA
1. Jack Agnew is a private owner who is genuinely interested in making sure that his guests get the best out of their Key West vacation.
2. A Touch of Bermuda is ideally located – in the private Truman Annex but just three blocks from Duval Street and very close to sunsets at Mallory Square, the Green Parrot Bar, Southernmost Point, and water attractions
3. Jack provides a seasonal pass to Fort Zachery State Park – the best beach in Key West, very close to the house, and FREE for his guests.
4. Jack provides a key to the Truman Annex pool – a “real sized” pool just down the block with landscaping, lounge chairs, and an outdoor shower.
5. Jack’s house comes with private, secure internet.
6. Jack has a small but fun collection of books, and dvds for your use.
7. There are tvs in the living room AND both bedrooms.
8. The house comes fully equipped with linens and kitchen utensils.
9. Jack provides a parking spot - if you need it.
10. It's Key West!
This house is ideally set up for families or 2 couples with a bedroom and separate bathroom on each floor. The upstairs "master suite" is awesome with a king bed and takes up the entire floor. The downstairs bedroom is reasonably sized and has two twins.
I would recommend this to anyone wanting a Key West adventure.
From the Owner
“As my daughters say, Key West is not Florida but the first island of the Caribbean. I first came to Key West when my daughters and I went camping on the Keys in 1984. I vowed I would own a house here some day and when I sold my PR firm in 1999, I headed south and purchased in the Shipyard section of the Truman Annex”
Activity and Interests
Bawdy Clubs. Lively Bars. Award winning restaurants. Unique
shops. Colorful snorkeling. Creative art galleries. Interesting
museums and tourist attractions. They are all for you in Key West.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
Feb 1 - Feb 1
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $50
- Refundable damage deposit $300
- Tax Rate 12.5%
Deposit takes my cottage off the rental market. The rent is due 60 days before you arrive. You can pay either through Pay Pal or by personal check on a US bank.
Weekly Rate:$1800 - $2200 w/ holidays and events extra
Off season 2014 May 24 to December 18 have weekly rates starting at
$1800.00 plus tax. After Labor Day week, the rates start at
$1750 plus tax in the Fall from September to Oct. 19.
Exceptions are holiday weeks (e.g. July 4; Thanksgiving; Fantasy Fest
etc.)and special weeks like the Power Boat Races and the Parrothead convention in Nove
From the Owner
“I call my home 'A Touch of Bermuda in Key West' since I used to go to Bermuda on business so thought I'd paint my home in that island's colors...butter yellow, coral, pale green. I also go to Cuba on humanitarian and educationsl trips so you will see paintings on my wall of the people, cars and scenery of that island just 90 miles away. We are located mid-way between Duval St. and the Ft. Zachary Taylor State Park beach and I have a pass for you to enjoy what is the best beach in Key West.”
- Air Conditioning ...
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Toaster ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- Events Allowed
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only ...
- pets considered ...
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Beach View
- botanical garden
- coin laundry
- live theater
- recreation center
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- fly fishing
- jet skiing
- pier fishing
- roller blading
- scuba diving or snorkeling
- 1100 sq. ft.
- 2 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Master bedroom suite has a king bed, a walk in closet, twin sinks, a new walk in shower, a desk, a comfortable leather chair.....all the comfort one could ask for......
- Boat ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Golf ...
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Tennis ...
- Guests provide their own meals
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website
- Everything you'd want to see or do is within a short walk. Duval Street. Mallory Square. Ft. Zachary Taylor State Park. The pool is steps out my back garden gate. My home is fully equipped with top of the line linens, utensils and other amenities including thirsty towels. There are beach chairs for your use and I have a beach pass on the frig. Other value added features are wireless high speed internet access and reserved and secure parking.