Cottage, 4 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths, 16 Sleeps
Available year round... call for off season pricing. Cozy Cottage is a perfect place to get away anytime of the year!
Let us pamper you in our vacation home!
Located in the popular Floradale Association, this 2-story, 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath home is well suited for single family or multi-family use. A loft area upstairs is a unique feature that offers another place in the cottage where people can sit and talk, play games, watch tv, etc.
Cozy Cottage is located in one of the most private areas in Floradale - woods in the backyard, 2 vacant lots on one side and one vacant lot on the other side. There is plenty of parking available for cars, trailers, dune vehicles, etc. Behind the woods is an easily accessible 2-track seasonal road. Wonderful for a relaxing walk.
While the summer months are especially beautiful and full of activity, Cozy Cottage is available for rent year round. Consider spending your off-season vacation enjoying the spectacular fall colors, skiing, snowmobiling, or simply relaxing by the fireplace with a great book.
# 72556 Corner Cottage - 415 Dune Scooter Mears, MI 49436
(located right next to this property, same size/layout)
- built spring 2010 by owner
- 2 lots down from Cozy Cottage
- 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, sleeps 15
Family Cottage - 9322 Silver Lake Rd Mears, MI 49436
(not formally listed and not part of the Floradale Association)
- completely remodeled summer 2007
- located directly on Silver Lake with 90ft of prime Silver Lake frontage
- spectacular view of the lake and sand dunes
- 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, sleeps 11
- located next to a public access (plenty of parking)
- rented on a limited basis: mid May - mid Oct
Floradale Association benefits include:
* access to 400' of sandy Silver Lake beach front
* we have boat slips available for use - you can leave your watercraft moored during your stay (let us know ahead to ensure availability)
* heated in-ground pool with slide
* tennis courts
* tether ball
* Clubhouse that can be reserved
Beautifully and Completely decorated, Cozy Cottage is aptly named due to its warm, comfortable atmosphere. Built to sleep 15, this cottage is in a GREAT location:
* 1/2 mi from the shared beach on Silver Lake and 1/4 mi from assoc. pool/tennis courts/basketball/clubhouse, etc.
* less than 2 miles from the historic Little Point Sable lighthouse (tours available) and incredible Lake Michigan beaches
* about 1mile from multiple sources of ice cream, Craig's Cruisers (miniture golf,
go-carts, slick track, zipline, bumper boats, arcade), a bakery, gift shops,
restaurants, the Park Store (small grocery store that also sells firewood), a
gas station (also various supplies and some groceries) and Mac Woods Dune
* many rental options available: watercraft, dune vehicles, bikes, mopeds, etc.
Go a little further away and find fresh fruit/veg stands and public access to the dunes where you can climb the dunes or sit and watch the dune buggies navigate the sandy hills. From the top of the dunes you will have a breathtaking view of Silver Lake and Lake Michigan at the same time. Sunsets from there are absolutely spectacular!!
Nearby spots within 15 - 20 min travel by car include:
Access points to the beautiful 25mi long Hart - Montague paved bike trail, Pentwater Lake and its charming downtown, Hart, Shelby, Stony Lake, golfing, horseback riding and the Silver Lake Sand Dragway.
20 - 45 min by car gets you to:
Muskegon (lots of shopping!), Ludington, and Michigan Adventure Amusement and Water Park.
Silver Lake is a great lake for kids. It has a sandy bottom and stays shallow for quite a ways on the Floradale Assoc. beach side of the lake. On the dunes side, the bottom drops off sharply which allows for easy access by boat and great swimming right next to the shore.
Silver Lake water conditions can range from completely still to white caps. This allows for many activities: fishing, sailing, boating, skiing, windsurfing, swimming, tubing, etc...
Please, no smoking in the cottage on on the porches.
Please, no pets without prior written permission.
About the Owner
2 traveler reviews
Activity and Interests
See above! Also, visit thinkdunes (.com) to find alot of great information
about the Silver Lake area.
- Nightly Rate: $350 - $450
Weekly Rate: $1500 - $2500
Monthly Rate: $0 - $0
* Memorial Day through mid September
* $2500/week plus 6% Michigan Use Tax
* A Security Deposit ($250) is required.
* No extra charge for normal cleaning or use of dock slip
* Flexible rental arrangements/prices available Mid-September until Memorial Day weekend.
* Long term rental available during off season.
* Cozy Cottage is available year-round.
* We do not update the calendar regularly - email or call for availability.
- Sports & Activities
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- pets not allowed
- Beach View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 2 Bathrooms,
- 1 Half Bath
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Half Bathroom
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Cozy Cottage is LOADED with extras! Outdoor sports equipment/games, generous supply of indoor games/puzzles/books/dvds, and lots more! The linens and towels provided are high quality and definitely add to the ambiance of the cottage. Several beach towels also provided. Sleeping configuration: (each bedroom has an alarm clock): * main flr master bdrm: (1)queen bed * upstairs bdrm: (1)queen bed * upstairs bdrm: (2)twin beds * upstairs bdrm: (1)full/full bunk, (1) full bed, (1) twin bed * living rm: (1)full size sleeper sofa The upstairs loft area has a hdtv/dvd combo, 1 couch, and 2 chairs. This area provides a separate place in the house where people can 'hang-out'. Bathrooms: * Master bathroom: (shower) * Upstairs full bathroom (tub/shower) * Main Floor 1/2 bathroom Great Room: * 32" flat screen hdtv/dvd combo (swivel mounted above gas fireplace) * 1 regular sofa and 1 sleeper sofa (full size) * rocking chair * swivel/rocking chair * coffee table Dining area: * Large square table that can seat 10 - 12. This table is formed by putting 2 rectangular tables together. They can be separated as needed for other activities. Kitchen: * Island w/seating for 2 * coffee maker * dishwasher * pots/pans * bakeware * dishes/glassware/silverware * serving dishes * kitchen utensils * cutting boards * crock pot * blender * toaster * electric griddle * electric range/oven * microwave * refrigerator with icemaker * pantry for food storage * plus more! Also: * 1 pack-n-play * 1 stroller (available upon request) * washer/dryer * bath towels/linens supplied * initial supply of paper products (tp, napkins, paper plates, paper towels, tissues) * initial supply of soaps (laundry, hand, dishwasher) * firepit w/chairs * sandbox with sand toys * wireless internet access * cable tv * outdoor gas grill (Weber) * whole house attic fan * room fans throughout Cozy Cottage's outside features include: Covered front and rear decks. The 12' x 16' rear deck is screened in with a ceiling fan and porch furniture (couch style seating). Sod has been laid to provide a beautiful yard for fun and play. Underground sprinkling keeps the landscaping looking great! The 6' x 22' front porch has 2 rocking chairs, 2 padded seats with footstools and a table. *************************************************************************************************** Cozy Cottage was built in the spring of 2008 by owners Tom and Susan Montsma (Tom Montsma Builders, Inc). It is constructed with high quality materials and with the expertise gained through 20+ yrs of building experience. Cozy Cottage is meticulously cleaned and cared for by the owners and a handful of trusted friends. We strive to maintain high standards of quality so you can get the most out of your vacation! Silver Lake has been part of our lives for over 35 years. It is a truly wonderful place to stay and make family memories. The scenery is unique and beautiful. You can keep as busy as you want or ... do nothing at all. We invite you to experience Silver Lake for yourselves and ... we want to pamper you while you do! To see more lots more pictures, including pictures of the Floradale Association amenities: 1. go to the picasa website 2. search on: Cozy Cottage Silver Lake 3. on the next screen, click on tmontsma to bring up our web albums.