Available year round... call for off season pricing. Cozy Cottage is a perfect place to get away anytime of the year!
Let us pamper you in our vacation home!
Located in the popular Floradale Association, this 2-story, 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath home is well suited for single family or multi-family use. A loft area upstairs is a unique feature that offers another place in the cottage where people can sit and talk, play games, watch tv, etc.
Cozy Cottage is located in one of the most private areas in Floradale - woods in the backyard, 2 vacant lots on one side and one vacant lot on the other side. There is plenty of parking available for cars, trailers, dune vehicles, etc. Behind the woods is an easily accessible 2-track seasonal road. Wonderful for a relaxing walk.
While the summer months are especially beautiful and full of activity, Cozy Cottage is available for rent year round. Consider spending your off-season vacation enjoying the spectacular fall colors, skiing, snowmobiling, or simply relaxing by the fireplace with a great book.
# 72556 Corner Cottage - 415 Dune Scooter Mears, MI 49436
(located right next to this property, same size/layout)
- built spring 2010 by owner
- 2 lots down from Cozy Cottage
- 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, sleeps 15
Family Cottage - 9322 Silver Lake Rd Mears, MI 49436
(not formally listed and not part of the Floradale Association)
- completely remodeled summer 2007
- located directly on Silver Lake with 90ft of prime Silver Lake frontage
- spectacular view of the lake and sand dunes
- 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, sleeps 11
- located next to a public access (plenty of parking)
- rented on a limited basis: mid May - mid Oct
Floradale Association benefits include:
* access to 400' of sandy Silver Lake beach front
* we have boat slips available for use - you can leave your watercraft moored during your stay (let us know ahead to ensure availability)
* heated in-ground pool with slide
* tennis courts
* tether ball
* Clubhouse that can be reserved
Beautifully and Completely decorated, Cozy Cottage is aptly named due to its warm, comfortable atmosphere. Built to sleep 15, this cottage is in a GREAT location:
* 1/2 mi from the shared beach on Silver Lake and 1/4 mi from assoc. pool/tennis courts/basketball/clubhouse, etc.
* less than 2 miles from the historic Little Point Sable lighthouse (tours available) and incredible Lake Michigan beaches
* about 1mile from multiple sources of ice cream, Craig's Cruisers (miniture golf,
go-carts, slick track, zipline, bumper boats, arcade), a bakery, gift shops,
restaurants, the Park Store (small grocery store that also sells firewood), a
gas station (also various supplies and some groceries) and Mac Woods Dune
* many rental options available: watercraft, dune vehicles, bikes, mopeds, etc.
Go a little further away and find fresh fruit/veg stands and public access to the dunes where you can climb the dunes or sit and watch the dune buggies navigate the sandy hills. From the top of the dunes you will have a breathtaking view of Silver Lake and Lake Michigan at the same time. Sunsets from there are absolutely spectacular!!
Nearby spots within 15 - 20 min travel by car include:
Access points to the beautiful 25mi long Hart - Montague paved bike trail, Pentwater Lake and its charming downtown, Hart, Shelby, Stony Lake, golfing, horseback riding and the Silver Lake Sand Dragway.
20 - 45 min by car gets you to:
Muskegon (lots of shopping!), Ludington, and Michigan Adventure Amusement and Water Park.
Silver Lake is a great lake for kids. It has a sandy bottom and stays shallow for quite a ways on the Floradale Assoc. beach side of the lake. On the dunes side, the bottom drops off sharply which allows for easy access by boat and great swimming right next to the shore.
Silver Lake water conditions can range from completely still to white caps. This allows for many activities: fishing, sailing, boating, skiing, windsurfing, swimming, tubing, etc...
Please, no smoking in the cottage on on the porches.
Please, no pets without prior written permission.
See above! Also, visit thinkdunes (.com) to find alot of great information
about the Silver Lake area.