Designer beach home, 3 Bed/3 Bath, 2 doors from sandy beach, 3 blocks to town
Come enjoy our cottage by the sea! This darling home has been completely renovated back to its charming 1920&apos;s roots, but updated to include modern conveniences. From the hardwood floors, to the black and white checked tile baths, you will feel like you are stepping back in time while still enjoying a clean, newly furnished, charming Cape Cod/ Nantucket style retreat.
This is a wonderful place to entertain family and friends, enjoy downtime with kids or grandkids, or to curl up with a book in one of the many nooks and take advantage of some private time. We have three bedrooms (two rooms with a queen bed each, one room with both a full and a twin), three bathrooms. All of the bedrooms have a private shower (one with small bathtub).
With plenty of places to spread out (3 bedrooms, living room, dining room, breakfast room, den with television, patio), you can gather or relax as you wish.
Our private, sunny, spacious patio has two lounge chairs, a table and four chairs under a fresh market umbrella, and a propane grill. The private driveway provides up to three parking spots so you&apos;ll never have to worry about finding street parking.
We are located two doors down from the sandy beach and just three short blocks from the main street, Marine Avenue, where you will find restaurants, coffee and pastry stores, shopping boutiques and groceries. A short walk to the other side of the island puts you on the historic ferry running over to the Balboa Peninsula, where you will find more restaurants, the &apos;Fun Zone&apos; of arcades and rides, the oceanfront and piers.
Balboa Island is an ideal location for vacationing or staying while on business. It is both conveniently located to the surrounding area and a world away from the ordinary. Once over the short bridge, you need never get in the car again. Restaurants and groceries are steps away and much of the charm comes from strolling along the bay front
sidewalk that runs along Balboa Island&apos;s perimeter, which is also ideally suited for those who like a more vigorous walk or jog.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Southern California offers many different activities and all are
within a day-trip's visit. Theme parks are plentiful (Disneyland,
Universal Studios, Knott’s Berry Farm, Six Flags Magic Mountain,
Lego Land and several water parks) as are many other wonderful
activities, including some of the best golf courses in Southern
California located only a short drive away. If you have exhausted
the many boutiques on Balboa Island, then Newport Center/Fashion
Island is a five minutes drive (stores, restaurants, movie theaters)
and South Coast Plaza just 15 minutes drive.
It is only 20 minutes to Disneyland, 45 minutes to Los Angeles, one
hour to San Diego and all of its attractions, including the zoo and
wild animal park, Sea World and access to Tijuana. Within walking
distance you can rent a boat, take a harbor tour, walk along the
surf, take the boat/flyer to Catalina Island for the day, scuba
dive, deep sea fish, surf, wind surf, bike along paths, grocery
shop, swim, kayak, pier fish, choose from a variety of restaurants,
snorkel, sail, Jet Ski, body surf and more.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 15 2015 - Jun 5 2015
3 night minimum stay
Jun 6 2015 - Sep 7 2015
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $125.00
- Refundable damage deposit $500.00
- Cleaning fee $150.00
- Tax Rate 10.0%
Off Season Nightly, 3 night min: $350 - $450
Off Season Weekly: $2200 - $2800
Off Season Monthly: $4100
On Season Summer and holidays,:$3,200/week
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Clothes Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dining Room
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- Beach View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 1600 sq. ft.
- 3 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Bathroom 3
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen, private entrance, shower & full bath en suite
- Bedroom 3 - 1 double, 1 twin/ single, private shower with small tub en suite
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen, private shower en suite
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- We provide numerous amenities to make your stay as relaxing as possible. - High-Speed Internet access via cable modem with wireless or Ethernet options. - Both a spacious living room and a separate den housing a big-screen television with DVD player. - The three bedrooms each have a private shower and cable television, with linens and bath towels provided. - Both the master suite and the living room have full stereo systems for enjoying music. - We have a laundry room with a washer and gas dryer. - The water heater is upgraded to a top of the line tankless unit allowing several showers to run at the same time without ever running out of hot water. - A fully equipped kitchen with gas range, microwave, dishwasher, subzero refrigerator, coffee maker, blender, food processor, toaster, professional cookware, and, of course, dishes and bar ware.