Our cottage is designed in a traditional "low country" style with
the convenience of having all living area space contained on one
***** Large golf cart included in rent (3 bench seats with hard top)
***** Wireless hi-speed Iternet access included in rent
***** Unlimited long distance phone service included in rent (land line)
***** Two free car passes included in Summer period weekly rentals
New Construction (2003)
* House located within "tropical type" section of Harbor Island
* Outside color (peach with black/white trim)
* Parking beneath house on both sides (concrete)
* Landscaped yard with sprinkler system
* Palmetto, oak, pine trees in yard
* New furniture/appliances (2003)
* All carpet (except kitchen, bathrooms, back porch)
* Queen size beds in all four bedrooms
* Combination shower/tub in each of two full bathrooms
* Full linens supplied with rent
* Fully equiped kitchen/dining area
* Large family room with vaulted ceiling
* Washer and dryer
* (1) TV with DVD and (1) TV with DVD/VHS (both TVs have cable service)
* Electric fireplace
* Screened-in back porch with marsh view (eating area with chairs)
* Ceiling fans in all rooms
* Charcoal grill
* Short distance to the beach
Our house is a "non-smoking" unit/NO PETS
While the setting on Harbor Island (approx. 1700 acres) provides a
relaxing atmosphere, the active minded can readily take advantage of
the Island's Beach & Raquet Club. It offers tennis courts, an
olympic size swimming pool, a wading pool for infants, beach
volleyball court, children's playground, and fitness center with
state-of-the-art equipment. Access to all of this is free with your rent to include the beautiful beach!
For golf enthusiasts, nearby Lady's Island Country Club offers
to a 36-hole course designed by Gary Player. Additionally, Hunting
Island State Park (containing South Carolina's only light house open
for public viewing within) is adjacent to Harbor Island.
Within just a few miles of Harbor Island, the city of Beaufort awaits
you with an abundance of history, art, culture, and natural beauty.
It is the second oldest city in South Carolina, with more homes on
the National Historic Register than any other town its size.
Carriage, walking, or motor tours are available within the downtown
area providing you with background history of the "Spanish mossed"
neighborhoods where homes date back to the 1700's. Also, the
downtown area provides you with a shopping district where antique
stores, galleries, and boutique shops abound along with casual
eateries, cozy bistros, and world class restaurants.
Savannah, Hilton Head, and, Charleston are easy day trips from Harbor Island!