Cottage, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath, Sleeps 6
~~ Lakeside Getaway Features Cozy Lake-Front Cottage and Sunrise Views ~~
~~ Fishing, boating, swimming, plus Mackinaw Island ferries just a short drive away ~~
Our Lakeside Getaway sits directly on the western shore of beautiful Black Lake, a 3x6 mile, all-sports lake only minutes away from Cheboygan, Mackinac City, and other Great Lake destinations like Mackinac Island, Petoskey and Harbor Springs. Bright and cheery both inside and out, you can watch the sunrise over Black Mountain Recreation Area just across the lake.
Bring your boat and tie up at our 50-foot dock, or swim from the shoreline or dock (water's warm, and lake bottom is sandy). Just toss in a line to catch small perch, bass or bluegill. Jet-skis and other water toys can be rented also with off-lake vendors.
If you are looking for bigger sport fish such as walleye, pike, small mouth bass or muskie, try your luck out in the lake's deeper parts. Black Lake is known for its fishing. Right off our shoreline, about 200 yards where the dropoff begins, is one of the best places to catch perch, walleye and pike. We have had many fish-fries ourselves.
You'll love to relax around our lakeside fire pit in the evenings and roast marshmallows to make s'mores, then watch the moon rise over the lake.
Great Lake cottage
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the manager
"Dealing with Lisa was easy and pleasant. She gave good directions to the place and we had no trouble finding it. The cottage was clean, neat and comfortable, with all the amenities and a bonfire pit. It is situated right on a large, calm lake, perfect for swimming. There were a few boats on the lake, but not a lot, and so there wasn't a lot of boat noise. We also had ideal weather, which further enhanced our enjoyment of the place. We drove into town a couple of times for groceries and supplies, but mostly enjoyed the quiet, read, swam and watched a couple of DVDs. There was some firewood there, and a place nearby where we picked up some more, so we could have a fire every night. I wish I could show you the beauty of the surroundings and the different moods of the water by posting pictures. There is only one thing I don't like about this place; I plan to go back this year and I don't want this review to make it so popular I can't afford it, or can't reserve it when I want to!"
4.7 based on 3 traveler reviews
Perfect vacation in Northern Michigan
Great Lake cottage
Great Lake Cottage
Activity and Interests
You'll be sure to enjoy the many activities on Black Lake, which include:
* Boating of all kinds, including kayaking and canoeing.
* Swimming - shallow at shore and sandy too
* ORV/ ATV riding - trails are only a mile away from cottage
* Deer, otter, eagles, ducks, loons, swan viewing
* See the sturgeon hatchery with live yearlings in Tower (Keebler Dam)
* Golfing - courses near the lake or in town
* BBQing (charcoal grill included)
* Hiking - plenty of trails around the lake
* Wildflower sighting, berry picking
* Bike riding
* Antiquing & shopping in Cheboygan, Mackinaw City, Harbor Springs, Petoskey
* Dining - plenty of local restaurants with variety of menus
* Movies - in nearby Cheboygan, or plenty of DVDs at the cottage.
* Onaway and Aloha State Parks are just minutes away.
* Ocqueoc Falls - open in summer for swimming, tubing and waterplay
* Casinos are located in Petoskey and St. Ignace
* Lorenzo's, the local restaurant up the road, is family run and operated, and has eat-in or take-out dining which includes delicious pizza. Plus, there are loads of other restaurants around the lake and in nearby Onaway or Cheboygan. Fresh perch is on on the menu in many of them
* Golf enthusiast? You'll find many public golf courses nearby, including the famous course at Black Lake Golf Club, only 3 miles south.
* Into Off-Road riding or ATV-ing? DNR courses and trails that are marked and mapped are abundant on N. Black River Rd and at Black Mountain Recreation area on the northeast side of lake.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jun 6 2015 - Sep 12 2015
7 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable damage deposit $150.00
Half of rental fee, plus security deposit, is due 14 days after booking. Other half is due 30 days before arrival.
Weekly Rate: $850 - $850
TERMS: Summer rental fee (Sat. 4 pm to Sat. 10 am) from June thru Sept, $850 per week, plus $150 security deposit (refundable). We are sorry, but during peak summer months, we do not rent cottage for less than a week. After Labor Day, there is a 2-night minimum stay, and rate is $135/night.
- Away From It All
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- coin laundry
- bird watching
- paddle boating
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- water skiing
- 1 Bathroom
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- Full tub and shower
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 2 - 2 twin/ single
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- Our cottage features all the comforts of home, with modern appliances, plus microwave, coffee maker, toaster and toaster oven, in the fully equipped kitchen. Cottage also has a washer and dryer. All cookwear and utensils are provided, plus there is cable TV and built-in DVD player with plenty of movies on hand. There are also loads of board games, and we feature a library full of paperback and hard cover books of all genres. The master bedroom has a comfy, queen-sized bed, and the guest bedroom features two twin beds. In addition, the sleep sofa has a queen-sized Beauty Rest mattress. Ceiling fans in both bedrooms help enhance the lake breezes. The enclosed sunporch is perfect for reading or your kids' game playing, and you can relax in the mornings with your coffee for lake and loon watching. Black Lake is the sturgeon capital, and the prehistoric looking fish have been known to 'porpoise' out in the lake. Also, bald eagles roost & feed nearby.