~~ Lakeside Getaway Features Cozy Lake-Front Cottage and Sunrise Views ~~
~~ Fishing, boating, swimming, plus Mackinaw Island ferries just a short drive away ~~
Our Lakeside Getaway sits directly on the western shore of beautiful Black Lake, a 3x6 mile, all-sports lake only minutes away from Cheboygan, Mackinac City, and other Great Lake destinations like Mackinac Island, Petoskey and Harbor Springs. Bright and cheery both inside and out, you can watch the sunrise over Black Mountain Recreation Area just across the lake.
Bring your boat and tie up at our 50-foot dock, or swim from the shoreline or dock (water's warm, and lake bottom is sandy). Just toss in a line to catch small perch, bass or bluegill. Jet-skis and other water toys can be rented also with off-lake vendors.
If you are looking for bigger sport fish such as walleye, pike, small mouth bass or muskie, try your luck out in the lake's deeper parts. Black Lake is known for its fishing. Right off our shoreline, about 200 yards where the dropoff begins, is one of the best places to catch perch, walleye and pike. We have had many fish-fries ourselves.
You'll love to relax around our lakeside fire pit in the evenings and roast marshmallows to make s'mores, then watch the moon rise over the lake.
"Dealing with Lisa was easy and pleasant. She gave good directions to the place and we had no trouble finding it. The cottage was clean, neat and comfortable, with all the amenities and a bonfire pit. It is situated right on a large, calm lake, perfect for swimming. There were a few boats on the lake, but not a lot, and so there wasn't a lot of boat noise. We also had ideal weather, which further enhanced our enjoyment of the place. We drove into town a couple of times for groceries and supplies, but mostly enjoyed the quiet, read, swam and watched a couple of DVDs. There was some firewood there, and a place nearby where we picked up some more, so we could have a fire every night. I wish I could show you the beauty of the surroundings and the different moods of the water by posting pictures. There is only one thing I don't like about this place; I plan to go back this year and I don't want this review to make it so popular I can't afford it, or can't reserve it when I want to!"
You'll be sure to enjoy the many activities on Black Lake, which include:
* Boating of all kinds, including kayaking and canoeing.
* Swimming - shallow at shore and sandy too
* ORV/ ATV riding - trails are only a mile away from cottage
* Deer, otter, eagles, ducks, loons, swan viewing
* See the sturgeon hatchery with live yearlings in Tower (Keebler Dam)
* Golfing - courses near the lake or in town
* BBQing (charcoal grill included)
* Hiking - plenty of trails around the lake
* Wildflower sighting, berry picking
* Bike riding
* Antiquing & shopping in Cheboygan, Mackinaw City, Harbor Springs, Petoskey
* Dining - plenty of local restaurants with variety of menus
* Movies - in nearby Cheboygan, or plenty of DVDs at the cottage.
* Onaway and Aloha State Parks are just minutes away.
* Ocqueoc Falls - open in summer for swimming, tubing and waterplay
* Casinos are located in Petoskey and St. Ignace
* Lorenzo's, the local restaurant up the road, is family run and operated, and has eat-in or take-out dining which includes delicious pizza. Plus, there are loads of other restaurants around the lake and in nearby Onaway or Cheboygan. Fresh perch is on on the menu in many of them
* Golf enthusiast? You'll find many public golf courses nearby, including the famous course at Black Lake Golf Club, only 3 miles south.
* Into Off-Road riding or ATV-ing? DNR courses and trails that are marked and mapped are abundant on N. Black River Rd and at Black Mountain Recreation area on the northeast side of lake.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
Feb 1 2014 - Feb 1 2015
1 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (US Dollar) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.