Villa, 2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 4 Sleeps
Totally Renovated in 2006 & Renovated again in 2011 & 2012 - Extremely well maintained. DIRECT OCEAN FRONT & DIRECT GOLF COURSE IN BACK. WIRELESS INTERNET.
***Please see our Guest Comments under our additional website, VRBO (Vacation Rentals By Owner), home # 65602.
* 50 FT. FROM ATLANTIC / FRIPP INLET SEAWALL - faces east; TOTAL OCEAN VIEW FROM LR, MBR, BALCONY, DR, KITCHEN - even the master bathroom.
* Ocean Point Golf Course directly in back, west-facing from 2nd BR.
* TOP-FLOOR (3rd) SUN-FILLED END UNIT - EXTREMELY QUIET AND PRIVATE.
* Our pool for North Hampton Guests, only.
* 2-min. walk to most beautiful (per Fripp Club staff) 'Ocean Point' Beach Access.
* Private oceanfront pool for N. Hampton residents; additional oceanfront pool and wading pool (accessed w/ provided amenity cards), adjacent to our Ocean Point Beach Access.
We do our very best to ensure that your precious vacation time is totally enjoyable....
Our villa was completely renovated in 2006, and renovated meticulously, again, in Jan. 2011 and 2012; Direct Oceanfront facing east (from LR/DR/Kitchen/MBR - even the master bath) & Ocean Point Golf Course directly in back (which 2nd bedroom overlooks, facing west). Our villa is situated at the quieter, sunniest end of the island, with its own pool and elevator. (Other villas have at least one set of stairs to access their villa. And the New Haven villas have very poor cell phone reception, if any.) This area of Fripp is perfect for lovers of oceanfront golf, as well as those of us who are enthralled with the ever-changing ocean. AMAZING pink grapefruit sunrises and glimmering moonrises. Wi-Fi, 37' flatscreen LCD TV, down-filled chaise sofa and Lazy Boy recliner will add to your comforts.
If you and your family would like to enjoy a worry-free vacation on a low-key-island wildlife preserve, where the dolphins play directly in front of your third floor balcony and master bedroom window, and the deer roam freely and will eat from your hand, then Fripp is your island.
Fripp is a private, gated island, 1½ hours from Charleston, SC and Savannah, GA. Also, 15 minutes from Fripp, is the historical town of Beaufort, a picturesque town which is rated as one of the top 10 places to retire by Kiplinger's magazine. Be sure to visit Beaufort's many riverfront (intracoastal waterway) restaurants, antique stores, and excellent historical tours. Beaufort will very likely be designated 'HAPPIEST SEASIDE TOWN', by COASTAL LIVING, issue to be released March 15th, 2013 :>)
The island offers a pristine 3½ mile beach, which is wide, very gradually sloping, with gentle Atlantic waters, and is a 5-minute walk from our villa to our Ocean Point beach access; or, a 1-mile drive from our villa. Our North Hampton condo complex has its own pool, with an outside shower, and an elevator (wheeled cart in our closet makes it super easy to transport belongings to or from car/villa - most all homes and other condo buildings have at least 1 flight of stairs. We are handicapped accessible. Also, ease of entry/exit via the elevator is a blessing for those of us over age 50)! Guests may also enjoy additional oceanfront pools, to include another pool next to our Beach Access (Ocean Point Pool - with wading pool also - and Playground) the mid-island Beach Club, and the south-end Cabana Club Complex.
Other highlights include 2 championship golf courses (Ocean Point, just steps from your door); miles of nature-filled bike trails; tennis; rentals of boats, kayaks, golf carts, mopeds, waverunners, and backwater skiffs; fishing and crabbing; dolphin cruises; ocean seining; Family Night with the Naturalist...OR, just relax in your beach lounger with a great book, and an endless ocean view! Fripp has everything you need for a safe, fun-filled, family holiday AWAY from congestion, commercialism, and the modern frenzied lifestyle.
Our rates include 2 weeklong amenity cards (for 7-nights' stay; or (2) 3-day cards for 3 nights or fewer; see explanation under rates), & ALL fees, etc. 3 nights or fewer must add $85 housekeeping fee. Additional amenity cards may be purchased. PayPal available if you prefer to use credit card; due to PayPal fees, we must add $10 for each PayPal transaction.
Fripp Island return
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
We made it with no issues. You guys have a beautiful condo and thanks again for sharing with us! We have already seen some of the deer during our bike ride. We have our amenity cards ( thanks again) and we are ready for some R & R !
5 based on 8 traveler reviews
Fripp Island return
Wonderful family getaway
Trip Down Memory Lane
We especially loved sitting on Lisa’s balcony watching the pelicans soar by at eye-level! It was also great watching the surf at high tide explode in sea spray as it hit the rocks in front of the building! At night, the comfy sofa and the huge TV were where you’d find us. Although we didn’t go swimming this trip (just a bit chilly this time!), the condo’s swimming pool looked very inviting!
Lisa’s villa was exceptionally clean, neat, and had a very well-supplied kitchen, lots of bath and beach towels, and very comfortable beds! Lisa also has LOTS of beach chairs! My dad especially liked the taller ones that had the soft cushions and sides that blocked the wind on the beach, were easy for him to use, and so easy to carry with its case and shoulder strap.
If you want to go to a really great seafood restaurant, try the 11th Street Dockside at Port Royal (about 30 minutes from the villa) overlooking the shrimp docks on Port Royal Sound. (We noted they have a new location on Lady’s Island, but as we were going back to our long-time favorites, we went to Port Royal!)
Closer to Fripp on Harbor Island is Johnson Creek Tavern, another long-time favorite that did not disappoint, and the Shrimp Shack for great shrimp burgers! We tried Barbara Jean’s just to try something new. Trust us. Johnson Creek Tavern’s crab cakes were MUCH better, and they are a long-time local restaurant, not a chain.
Note to those travelling with the elderly: Some beach access points require more walking to the shore than others, and some access points require you to go up and down some stair steps. If this is an issue, just ask Lisa or security for the access point that would work best for your group.
Note for those with older kids who LOVE big waves: From our many years of experience at Fripp, the best time for big waves is about 1 hour up to high tide. If you also happen to be at Fripp during a full moon, the waves at high tide are even better!!
Spring Break at Fripp
Another Perfect Stay
We'll look forward to staying again when the opportunity presents itself.
Activity and Interests
Activities (on site or nearby): Incredible Beach, Golf, Tennis, Biking (bike paths), Fishing, Wildlife Viewing, Swimming, Boating, Sailing, Shelling, Restaurants and Museums. Amenity cards provide access to restaurants, golf, etc., on the island.
Weekly rate INCLUDES 2 weeklong amenity cards (for 7-nights' stay; or (2) 3-day cards for 3 nights or fewer; see explanation under rates), & ALL fees, etc. 3 nights or fewer must add $85 housekeeping fee.
- Nightly Rate: $175 - $207
Weekly Rate: $1225 - $1450
Monthly Rate: $1400 - $1500
Total WEEKLY price includes 2 week-long amenity cards and all fees*, housekeeping, etc. Housekeeping fee included in rate, for 4 nights or more; 3 nights or fewer please add $85 for housekeeping, and $35 - $50 for addt'l Amenity Card (card rates according to season).
* Spring 13: Fri., 3/1/13 - Sat. 5/25/13... $193/night..$1,350/week TOTAL w/ 2 cards
* Summer 13: Sat. 5/25/13 - Sat. 9/14/13..$207 per night/$1,450/wk TOTAL w/2 cards
* Fall 13: Sat. 9/14/13 - Sat. 11/23/13..$193 per night/$1,350/wk TOTAL w/2 cards
* Winter 13/14: Sat.11/23/13 - Fri. 2/28/14. $175/night..$1,225/week TOTAL w/ 2 cards
3-Night Min./No Cleaning Fee 4+ nights/No security deposit.
SUMMER STAYS: SAT.TO SAT.
* 2 weeklong AMENITY CARDS included (min. 7 nights), for Fripp Resort activities – golf, restaurants, pools..Cards required by Resort, 13 & older; Many homeowners do not include, adding $70-$100 for 2 guests. %5B*NOTE: Please add $10.00 additional for each PayPal credit card transaction, if used.*%5D
Monthly rentals (Oct.-March) include 2 month-long amenity Cards (if owner charged, each card would be an addt'l $126 per mo.), for all Fripp Resort activities - golf, tennis, restaurants, pools, etc. - required for those age 13 & older.
Monthly rental is available for Fall and Winter.
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning ...
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Elevator ...
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Stove ...
- Toaster ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Golf Course Front
- Golf Course View
- recreation center
- bird watching
- horseback riding
- paddle boating
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- golf privileges optional
- jet skiing
- pier fishing
- sound/bay fishing
- surf fishing
- 1000 sq. ft.
- 2 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Both bathrooms have tub/shower combinations; both with windows; super clean and in renovated, new-condition. Bathroom 1: Ocean view even from this bathroom Bathroom 2: Directly overlooks Ocean Point Golf Course (and Grill, breakfast and lunch restaurant), with west-facing, amazing sunsets.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 2 - 2 twin/ single, Two comfortable twin beds. Hypo-allergenic encased pillows.
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen, Incredible direct-east sunrises; listen to ocean waves
- MBR - Directly overlooks Atlantic Ocean and Fripp Inlet, with east-facing, amazing sunrises and moonrises (even from master bathroom). Queen size VERY comfortable bed, with (enclosed) gel-filled mattress top. Hypo-allergenic (protectively encased) pillows which are frequently laundered or replaced (in MBR as well as 2nd bedroom. 2nd bedroom on opposite side, with 2 doors - bedroom door and pocket door (which separates 2nd BR/bath from rest of the villa).
- Boat ...
- Golf ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Guests provide their own meals
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website
- New Everything: Kitchen, Bathrooms, LR Bruce hardwood Flooring, Bathrooms & Kitchen Ceramic Tile, Carpeting in both bedrooms, Furniture, Andersen Triple Slider, Ceilings and Walls, 37' Vizio flatscreen TV, Wireless Internet, Lazy Boy rocker recliner, and very comfortable down-filled chaise sofa. Phone (local calls), Air Conditioning, 2 Cable TVs, DVD, I-Pod Dock, Fully-equipped Kitchen with Microwave, Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Cooking Utensils, Linens, Washer & Dryer, Pool with outside shower, Elevator. Sorry, no smoking, and pets are not permitted.