House, 10 Bedrooms, 10 Baths, 22 Sleeps
Enjoy your vacation in the comfort of an over 9,000 square foot house nestled among pine trees in the very desirable North Bethany community of Ocean Ridge East. In addition to the pristine private beach just a short block away, community amenities include a swimming pool and tennis courts. This house has a private outdoor hot tub. The ground floor has a dressing area with shower, bathroom, laundry room with washer/dryer and an extra refrigerator for cold drinks, and lots of storage for beach supplies. On the main floor you will enter the grand foyer complete with a lovely handcrafted black iron chandelier. Bamboo floors run throughout the main and upper floors. You can spend some quiet time unwinding on old-fashioned rockers on the front porch or relaxing in your over-sized suite. You may want to cook in the extra large kitchen, complete with farm-style sinks, new refrigerator with an ice and water dispenser, 2 dishwashers, a double oven and a large, central granite-topped island with sink. The outside deck, just off the kitchen, has a continuous feed gas grill and generous seating available. In the family room, enjoy the 55' high-definition TV. During the colder months, a gas fireplace warms and adds coziness to the family room. Upstairs, play pool in the game room or watch TV with gaming capability. This house has 7 oversized bedroom suites, each with a private bathroom and/ or tub/shower, spacious closets and a private outdoor balcony. Four of these bedroom suites have king beds. The remaining three bedroom suites have queen-sized beds. All suites have TVs. The third floor is a loft area with children's toys, TV with video game capability, foosball, air hockey game, ping pong table, reading nook, plus 4 mini bedrooms with twin-size beds, 8 beds total--perfect for rainy days or to keep children entertained in their own area so you can relax! The third floor also has a bathroom.
Spring 2015 Update:
Billiards room has new leather furniture. Pool table has been refelted and refurbished. New cue sticks.
This house is non-smoking.
The property is available mostly year-round. (see calendar)
This beach house is not rented to anyone under 25 years of age.
We are no longer accepting pets - NO PETS
Hidden Gem in Bethanny Beach
About the Owner
This beach home gives our five children and their families access to the beach and time to be together. We like to rent our home to other large families.
3.5 based on 6 traveler reviews
Hidden Gem in Bethanny Beach
Perfect House for the Family
Needs Major Work!
1. cleaning crew left hot tub only 1/4 full. we had to fill ourselves and hot tub never warmed to higher than 85 degrees.
2. entire house was left very dirty. floors were dusty and dirty, much of the house had to be re-cleaned by my group, kitchen was dirty and full of flies, etc.
3. comforters and pillows were absolutely filthy. some appeared to not have been washed in years! we had to wash EVERYTHING before even considering using it.
4. cabinet door in kitchen broke and fell, injuring one of my guest's feet. this was very dangerous and we were lucky she wasn't injured more seriously.
5. broken bed in one of the bedrooms. the mattress caved in causing a very uncomfortable sleeping situation.
6. was advertised (and listed in lease) as having two plasmas - there was only one. the one in the family room was supposed to be 50" and have surround sound - neither of those things were true
7. several doors from the house to the outside did not lock. the door to the deck in the family room had tape that was painted over patching an old door handle hole!
8. several of the decks were very unsafe and had loose beams.
9. broken shower door in one of the bathrooms that also fell on of our my guests
10. the house is poorly maintained in general. the walls are filthy, many walls had been patched and never repainted, furniture is full of stains, missing posts from stair railings which left stairs unsafe for small children, unsafe ladder to roof deck, non working ice maker, children's toys were all dirty and broken.
11. cleaning crew arrived over an hour before check out and entered the house without knocking. refused to leave the property until we asked repeatedly.
12. when we arrived the recycle can was overflowing and was never picked up all week. The owner came by on Monday and saw that it was still overflowing but did nothing about it.
13. none of the bedrooms had a pullout couch as advertised. this caused issues for one of my group members as her child had no bed in which to sleep.
I felt ripped off and uncomfortable the whole time b/c there was nowhere to sit that even felt clean. We spent as much time out of the house as possible!
I can assure you that our beach home will be clean and comfortable. All upholstered items will be clean or replaced. I will be overseeing and assisting the cleaning crew. I sincerely think that you will be happy if you choose to stay at our beach home.
Has Potential - Work Needed
-"s: Basement/laundry area very damp and mildewy smelling. House is very worn out and was not terribly clean upon check-in, which made it hard to believe a cleaning fee was included in our rental. For the rental rate, I expected the house to be in better shape. Exterior is also moldy in appearance. Numerous light bulbs burned out, making the house seem darker than it needed to be. Holes in walls. Children's toys/games provided and all seemed to be broken. Third floor sun-light was scary looking! House looks much cleaner and brighter in pictures than in reality.
If you choose to rent with us, I can assure you that you will not be disappointed.
Spacious but worn
* new carpeting on stairs from first floor to second floor
* wainscoting installed along stair landing and wall from 1st to 2nd floor
* many bedroom suites repainted
* family room repainted, new couch, new 60" HD TV
* new refrigerator with water and ice dispenser
* new deck walkways on sand level
From the Owner
“I have been coming to Bethany Beach for over 50 years. My father and mother were teachers and loved to spend time at the beach during the summer. When my dad retired, he opened a small shop in nearby Millville, DE creating and selling handmade silver jewelry and metal sculptures.”
Activity and Interests
Relax at the beach, go fishing, crabbing, boating, golfing, enjoy excellent
restaurants, watch a movie at the nearby movie theaters, play mini-
golf, go shopping at the outlets or quaint shops. Take the kids to
the amusement rides at the pier in nearby Ocean City or Rehoboth
Beach or simply walk on the boardwalk in Bethany Beach. Enjoy the beach, the sky, and sunsets. Smell the salt air and hear the seagulls call to each other. Gather shells, build sandcastles, sunbathe, or sit under the umbrella and do absolutely nothing but hear the waves and daydream!
- Nightly Rate: $950 - $950
Weekly Rate: $4000 - $8500
Monthly Rate: $0 - $0
This beach home will not be rented January 3 - March 28th, 2015.
This beach home is rented weekly ONLY from June 13 - Sept 5, 2015.
March 28th - June 6th $4,000
June 6 - 13 $5,000
June 13 - 20 $6,000
June 2 - 28th $7,000
June 27 - August 8 $8,500
August 8 - 15 $8,000
August 15 - 22 $7,000
August 22 - 29 $6,000
August 29 - Sept 5 $5,000
September 5 - Nov 21 $4,000
Nov 21 -28 $4,500
Nov 28 - Dec 19 $4,000
Dec 19 - Jan 2 4,500
Off-Season rates are $950 per day, 3 day minimum, plus a
$250 cleaning fee. Weekly rental only from third week in June until third week in August.
From the Owner
“Our beach home is close to one of the loveliest private beaches along the east coast of the USA. Our home is very large and includes seven private suites, allowing mult igenerational families to spend time together.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Air Conditioning ...
- Clothes Dryer
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Game Room ...
- Games ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
- Toys ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool ...
- Hot Tub
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- pets not allowed
- coin laundry
- recreation center
- bird watching
- horseback riding
- outlet shopping
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- deepsea fishing
- jet skiing
- pier fishing
- sound/bay fishing
- surf fishing
- 9000 sq. ft.
- 8 Bathrooms,
- 2 Half Baths
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Bathroom 3
- Bathroom 4
- Bathroom 5
- Bathroom 6
- Bathroom 7
- Bathroom 8 - toilet, The top loft area has a bathroom with two sinks and a toilet
- Bathroom 9 - toilet, This is a guest bathroom near the family room.
- Bathroom 10 - toilet, shower, This sand floor has a bathroom and separate shower area
- 11 Bedrooms, Sleeps 24
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 2 - 1 king
- Bedroom 3 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 4 - 1 king
- Bedroom 5 - 1 king
- Bedroom 6 - 1 king
- Bedroom 7 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 8 - 2 twin/ single, This is in the loft area. There is a door to this area.
- Bedroom 10 - 2 twin/ single, This is in the loft area. There is a door to this area.
- Bedroom 9 - 2 twin/ single, This is in the loft. There is a door to this area.
- Bedroom 11 - 2 twin/ single, This is in the loft. There is a door to this area.
- Balcony ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Tennis ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- *Exterior being painted Spring of 2014*. New walkways. New roof. Bedrooms and common areas have been painted. New flat screen TV's. New decor. New bedspreads, duvets and coverlets. New pillows. New dishes. New refrigerator. New porch chairs. Attention being paid to your comfort and enjoyment of the property. One block from ocean, outdoor community pool and tennis courts. Seven bedroom suites -- each of these bedrooms has its own private bathroom, closet, and outdoor deck for sunbathing and hanging out. Go to your suite when you want privacy, go to the common areas when you want company. House exterior has a private hot tub, lots of decking, lounges for sunbathing, wicker furniture and wooden rocking chairs. Interior has lots of comfy seating, over sized kitchen and an entertainment/game room with pool table and large TV. Family room has new 55' HD TV and DVD player. TV's in all bedrooms. Gas grill with continuous, automatic gas feed. High-speed internet connection. There are two single cots for young children. My beach home is one of the largest on the Delaware shore to accomodate multigenerational families, spiritual retreats, church groups, golfing groups, good friends vacationing together, and other large groups.