Apartment, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Baths, 5 Sleeps
Completely renovated and tastefully furnished 1200 sq. ft.
Victorian flat in the beautiful upper Haight-Ashbury/Buena Vista
Heights neighborhood of San Francisco, across the street from lovely
Buena Vista Park. The flat encompasses the entire ground floor of a
lovingly restored and maintained historic Victorian house occupied by
the owners, has its own private entrance and patio as well as its own
phone, broad-band internet connection (DSL) and mail box.
The gated entry from the street opens to a private patio and front
door of the flat. Once inside, an elegant hall runs the almost the
entire length of the flat, leading to the fully-equipped kitchen
(including plates, glasses, flatware, pots & pans); a laundry room
(with washer and dryer in a closet) that can double as a bedroom with
single bed; two bedrooms with ample closet space, each with heirloom
double beds and dressers; and a modern bathroom with bathtub/shower
combination. To the left at the end of the hall is a sitting room with
desk that can be used as a study, and to the right a living room with
circular table that fits nicely into a circular alcove with windows
opening onto a small private garden.
Airport: San Francisco International (SFO)
Distance: 30 minutes
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
San Francisco needs no introduction as one of the most popular
cities in the world, renowned for its exceptional setting on both San
Francisco Bay and the Pacific Ocean, its mild Mediterranean climate,
its scenic hills and parks, its many cultural, dining and shopping
amenities. The flat is located in one of the premier neighborhoods in
the city--Haight-Ashbury/Buena Vista Heights. Right across the street
is Buena Vista Park which offers wooded walks, stunning views, and
public tennis courts and playground. Golden Gate Park--one of the
great urban parks in the world--is only minutes away, with attractions
that include museums, the Japanese Tea Garden, Strybing Arboretum,
Stowe Lake (with its paddle boats), and numerous playing fields,
walking and biking trails that extend from the Haight-Ashbury area all
the way to Ocean Beach on the Pacific.
Excellent shopping and restaurants can be found in nearby Cole
Valley and the Castro/Market Street neighborhoods as well as in
Haight-Ahsbury. The famous Castro Theatre (on Castro Street) and the
Red Vic(torian) on Haight Street are within easy walking distance.
There is excellent access to public transportation, with frequent
bus service to downtown: 37 CORBETT bus comes almost to the door on
Buena Vista Avenue East, connects to Market Street buses and trollies.
N JUDAH trolley stops 3 blocks east on Duboce St. at Noe St. and goes
from Ocean Beach to downtown, Embarcadero, SBC Park (ballpark), and
the train station. 7 HAIGHT bus stops at Haight and Baker Streets,
goes downtown via Haight and Market Streets.
* Beaches * Surfing * Windsurfing * Surf Fishing
* Boating * Paddle Boating * Yachting * Pier Fishing
* Sailing * Tennis * Golfing * Biking
* Groceries * Restaurants * Shopping * Movies
- Weekly Rate: $1450 - $1650
Monthly Rate: $4800 - $5500
1-2 guests: $1450/week or $4800/month for 2014
3-4 guests: $1,650/week or $5500/month for 2014
One week minimum rental, even if your stay is less than 7 nights. Rent
is due in advance.
See Reservations & Deposits section below for more details. Unless
otherwise arranged in
advance, check-in time is after noon on your arrival date; check-out
before noon on your
Rates are in $US and subject to change without notice.
Tenants staying 4 weeks or longer are responsible for payment of the
phone and utility bills which will be forwarded by
RESERVATIONS & DEPOSITS
For visits of less than one month, there is a refundable $250 cleaning
deposit. For stays
less than a month, the $250 cleaning deposit and half the rent for the
entire stay is due to
confirm your reservation, with the other half payable upon arrival.
For stays of one month or more, there is a minimum refundable $500 cleaning
deposit. For stays
one month or more, the cleaning deposit and one-half the rent for
the first month is
due to confirm your reservation, with the other half payable upon
arrival. Thereafter, each
month's rent is due in advance.
Reservations are not considered confirmed until the deposit is
received. All deposits
payable in US dollars; checks/money orders from non-US banks should be
drawn on US
funds. We regret we do not accept credit cards.
Unless otherwise arranged in advance, check-in time is after noon on
your arrival date;
check-out before noon on your departure date. Please let us know what
time you expect
to arrive at the flat so someone will be there to meet you. It is
helpful for us to have flight
arrival informantion, if appropriate, and a cell phone number if you
The cleaning deposit will be refunded in full unless cleaning, etc. is
necessary after your departure to restore the flat and its contents to
the same clean and orderly condition as when you arrived, in which
case the amount refunded will be net of the cost incurred.
If you cancel your reservation, we will refund 100% of your deposit if
we can re-rent the flat for the dates you had reserved. Otherwise, we
will refund the damage deposit portion.
- pets not allowed
- 1 Bathroom
- Bathroom 1
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Fully equipped kitchen includes plates, glasses, flatware, pots and pans. All linens are provided, including bath towels. Heating is controlled by the flat's own thermostat in the hall. The flat has its own private phone line, broad-band internet connection (DSL), and cable TV. The TV has a VCR unit built in. ON-STREET PARKING. A temporary residential parking permit is required to park on most of the streets in this and other residential neighborhoods in San Francisco for more than a 2 hours on weekdays between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. Permits range from $20 for 2 wks to $50 for 8 wks (the maximum) and are obtained in person by the renter from the Residential Permit Parking office in San Francisco. Details available upon arrival or please inquire. Non-permit parking, with some street-cleaning restrictions, is available along the Buena Vista Park side of Buena Vista Avenue East. No pets. No smoking in flat. Cleaning service is not included in the rent, but we can put you in touch with a cleaning person familiar with the flat if you so desire. * Forced hot air heating * Patio outside front entrance * Stove and Oven * Coffee Maker * Dishwasher * Toaster * Iron * Refrigerator/Freezer * Phone * Ironing Board * Washer & Dryer * Alarm Clock * Bed and Bath Linens * Vacuum Cleaner * Cable TV * Radio * Stereo * VCR Player * On-Street Parking * CD Player