House, 1 or 2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 6 Sleeps
Located two short blocks off the beach, and three blocks to 'downtown' Puerto Morelos.
There are several different rental options for you.
You can rent:
- A one bedroom / one bath with optional second bedroom/bath with optional fold out sofa bed, giving you private accomodations for up to 6. Huge terrace outside with hammock and sitting / dining area.
-A one bedroom / two bath with loft and sofa bed giving to accomodations for up to 6. Huge balcony with hammock and sitting / dining area.
-An economical one bedroom / one bath on two levels for as low as $475 a week with balcony.
ALL THE ABOVE OPTIONS COME WITH FULL KITCHENS, QUEEN SIZE BEDS, FREE DRINKING WATER, TV-DVD, WEEKLY MAID SERVICE & MORE!
Owners live and work in Puerto Morelos and are very knowledgeable on
the area. Contact us for more information. (Please note, we do not use the calendar...please contact us for availability)
"Live like a Local""Live like a Local"
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
My husband, sister, a friend and I spent the first week of December 2014 at the Casa de los Viajaros in a lovely two bedroom two bath apartment. The apartment was a perfect size for four people. It is quite roomy, well laid out for privacy and was very nice and clean. It looked just as it does on the Alma Libre bookstore website.
We did a lot of cooking in, and found the kitchen to be convenient and well-equipped. We have been coming to Puerto Morelos for a number of years and love the town and its laid back feeling. The apartment is very convenient, close to town and to the beautiful beach. The apartment is a terrific value.
Landlords, Rob and Joanne were most accommodating and helpful.
2 traveler reviews
"Live like a Local""Live like a Local"
Great find for the "Perfect Getaway"Great find for the "Perfect Getaway"
What a great location if you want to stroll to the Beach, shop, eat or sight see. PM has soooo much to do all around it we could not find time in 10 days.
We'll absolutely be back and certainly stay @ Casa del los Viajeros again. What a find!
Activity and Interests
Puerto Morelos is a quiet fishing village located in the heart of the
Mayan Riviera. Close to the Cancun airport, Cancun and Playa del
Carmen, Puerto Morelos is a throwback to a time in the Yucatan before
the hyper-development of the Mayan Riviera, Puerto Morelos offers
visitors a relaxed time while providing all the amenities of a good
Enjoy the endless white beach, the unspoiled reef, or just unwind in
the town's central square and watch the world go by. Puerto Morelos is
in no hurry, and you won't be either.
Lots to do...or not do.
-Beautiful, unspoiled uncrowded white sand beach
-Excellent snorkelling or diving on our national park protected reef
-Dive snorkel or swim Cenotes, unusual fresh water caves
-Our town is a good base to explore Mayan ruins like Chichen Itza, Tulum, Coba and Ek Balam
-Visit colonial cities like Valladolid
-Quiet streets of Puerto Morelos
-Xcaret and Xel-Ha 'Eco parks'
-Puerto Morelos Botanical Garden
Eat & Drink:
-Buy fresh seafood, directly from the fishermen!
-Excellent restaurants in Puerto Morelos. Lots to choose from
-Go clubbing in Cancun or Playa del Carmen
-Largest bookstore in the Yucatan located right on the Puerto Morelos square
-Mayan Handicraft Centre, Sunday Jungle Handicraft Market
-Wednesday fresh fruit and vegetable market
-Grocery store, souvenir, jewellery and hand-made hammock shops
-ATM and change houses located on the square
Not so active:
-Hammock, book, cold drink, palm tree. Sigh.....
'We will never forget our New Year's trip to PM and the warm, welcoming smiles of the residents. There were so many surprises: The beach was perfect, the sea beautiful and the reef fascinating...but those things are detailed on every travel website.
How about: We zip-lined in the jungle, without the crowds, at Cenote Boca del Puma. We picked up plenty of our high school Spanish thanks to the patience of the locals, and we found ourselves using our French on more than one occasion. We were very inspired by Sandra Dayton's work with the Mayans and we hope to work with her someday. We didn't miss the 'tacky tourism', the 'Us vs. Them' mentality of many of the bigger resort areas or hotel chains and we loved the tranquillo Puerto Morelos way.' - Nicole, Sylvain and Margaret - Vancouver, BC
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Off Season 1 Bedroom
May 9 2015 - Oct 31 2015
5 night minimum stay
High Season/1 Bedroom
Nov 1 2015 - Apr 30 2016
1 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
Maid service once per week
Bottled drinking water
November 1 - April 30 $550 - $1125
May 1 - Oct 31 $399 - $550
Please inquire about our Christmas rates.
5 night minimum stay. 1-6 guests maximum
Rates subject to change
- Away From It All
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- pets not allowed
- botanical garden
- coin laundry
- theme parks
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- scuba diving or snorkeling
- 2 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website
- EeCasa de los Viajeros has everything you need for a great vacation... * 1 or 2 Bedroom with new queen size bed * 1 or 2 bathrooms with shower * Large ceiling fans throughout suite * Air conditioning available in one bedroom * Fully equipped kitchen with full size fridge, microwave, stove & oven * Blender, coffee maker, toaster, juicer * Comfortable living room with sofa and chair. * Sofa converts to a double bed. * Cable TV with DVD/CD/MP3 player & Radio * High speed wireless internet available in season * In-room safe * Snorkels & masks, beach chairs, & beach umbrella available * Short walk to an excellent beach * Quiet neighbourhood Testimonials: 'My first trip to Mexico was made all the more pleasurable by my accommodation for over 2 weeks in Casa de los Viajeros, Puerto Morelos. Rob & Joanne (Casa owners) both exude the laid-back and friendly atmosphere of the small fishing village, making me feel very welcome from the moment I arrived. From a practical perspective the apartment I stayed in was very clean, spacious, bug-free, good mosquito screens, quiet, good water-pressure and temperature, comfortable bed with clean linens, airy, fully-furnished and equipped, and the Casa's location meant that in the morning it took me all of 90 seconds to walk bleary-eyed onto the warm sand and dive straight into the stunning coral reef protected waters of the Caribbean. As a clean and comfortable base from which I could enjoy the beach and explore the town, it was terrific. I look forward to my next stay.' Paul-Ireland-2009 'Casa de los Viajeros was the perfect home-base and although there's really no reason to cook in a town with so much great food, just having our own amenities instead of a hotel room made the trip seem so much longer than only 7 days...We were able to run completely on Mexican Time in our independent way and imagine that we were, indeed, living the life and not just popping in for a 'fly in, fly out' experience. In reality, we were only visiting for 7 days and we missed it as soon as we left, but we know - we'll be back!' - Nicole, Sylvain and Margaret - Vancouver, BC 'Casa de los Viajeros was a wonderful place to stay. It was very clean, quiet and close to the beach (which was a huge bonus). Puerto Morelos is a wonderful place to go and get away. The town is full of friendly welcoming people and was a dream vacation come true. We highly recommend both going to Puerto Morelos and staying at Casa de los Viajeros. ' Larry and Michele - Alaska 'We loved having our own casa in lovely Puerto Morelos. It was quiet and very comfortable. We liked how convenient it was to the downtown, Mama's bakery and of course the beach. We definitely will be back!' Kate and Steve - Minneapolis, MN