Cabin, 4 Bedrooms, 3 Baths, 11 Sleeps
This rustic house is located on a very quiet, level street in Tahoe Donner.
This cabin is cozy, warmly furnished, and brightly lit with natural light from dawn to dusk all year.
Theinterior has been freshly painted last fall. The master bath boasts a newly tiled shower, and the house has up-graded professional designer touches throughout.
The house sleeps 11 and is 2252 sq ft.
There are 4 bedrooms, 3 full baths, plus both a recreation room and living room.
There is an attached 3 car garage with additional level driveway parking.
The house is very clean and well maintained.
The main level consists of a living room with an adjoining open floor plan and fully
equipped kitchen (coffee grinder and maker, kitchen aid stand mixer and attachments,blender, food processor,toaster, waffle iron, popcorn maker,plus full supple of pots/pans and utensils, measuring cups/spoons.) and dining room with glasses, plates and utensils for a service of 12.
The living room has a new flat screen TV with a DVD/VCR combo for your enjoyment, as well as a stereo / CD player with surround sound. There is an eastward facing deck out the dining and living room. Great for BBQ's, early morning coffee, or star gazing over the tree tops at night.
Downstairs you wil find a large rec room with a queen futon and several couches for relaxing. The rec room is also home to a new 60' flat screen TV with blue ray player with enabled Netflix streaming for unlimited movie viewing . The TV is also cable and DVD ready. This room also has a brand new computer/monitor to help you keep in touch or browse the web. For additional entertainment try playing the Casio 1-2-3 player piano~ fun! And just so you don't have to keep running upstairs for a cold drink, their is a small refrigerator. The deck off of the rec room is for total lounging comfort. Youl'll find a hammock, and two hammock swing chairs . This area is totally shaded for a quiet yet cool summer escape.
There is also a bedroom downstairs with queen bed that boasts a brand new Stearns and Foster pillowtop mattress guaranteeing a great nights sleep, and a full bath.
The upper level has 3 bedrooms. One bedroom has a 1 twin and a bunk
bed. The second bedroom has 2 twin beds. We also have a fold-away portable crib, in case you are bringing 'little ones'. The master suite boasts a brand new comfy Stearns and Foster pillowtop mattress in king size with a 46' flat screen TV to watch. The Master bath is newly tiled for a spa like feel. New pillow top twin beds have down comforters encased in flannel duvet covers and rustic quilts on top for great snuggling down after an active day.There are doors to the front deck out of both the master and the double twin bedrooms.
There is also a laundry area with washer and dryer, and a full bath at this level. We supply all your linen needs for bed and bath!
This cabin is a tri-level with a deck off of each level. There is an outside patio table and chairs for a summer to fall BBQ on the Webber charcoal grill.
Access to nearby Trout Creek recreation center with its heated pools and spas.
Gym, sauna, massage center,and work area available with your provided guest passes. Access fee is $8/day with use of our guest passes.
The house is located in Tahoe Donner making it short 5 minute drive to historic downtown Truckee. Skiing, snowboarding, sledding and snowshoeing are all availalbe in Tahoe Donner! Drive a short 15-20 minutes and find yourself at Northstar, Squaw Valley, Sugar Bowl, Boreal and Alpine resorts.
Summer activities can be enjoyed in one of the pools, spas, or on the private access beach of Donner Lake. Take the boat out, fish, raft or swim at Donner Lake, Lake Tahoe or in the Truckee river. Take a tennis lesson or horse back ride down a wooded trail. Play golf on one of the nicest greens surrounded by towering pines. Stroll downtown to shop and dine, or hike and bike (we've left you four...one adult size 'girl' bike', on adult size 'boy' bike and smaller 2 wheelers for a girl and boy.) on one of the many trails in and around the area.
Mountain Charm; 5 Star Comfort
About the Owner
After years of enjoying all this mountain community has to offer, my husband and I splurged on our dream and purchased this home. We love the fact that its on a quiet inside street and only a few houses from a trail head.
It's rare when you don't see some wild life in the evenings heading down to the wetlands for a drink in the evenings. We've watched young fawns grow into their antlers, beavers coming out at dusk to build, the raccoons scamper, and even a bear or two lumbering, not to mention all the chipmunks, jays and woodpeckers!
Skiing, golfing, swimming and more are within minutes of the house. And trails to hike or bike are numerous.
When we feel like taking it easy, the hammock out back is where we 'hang'. (Sorry, couldn't help myself.) All, in all, if you enjoy the quiet of the hill, yet want plenty to do this is 'THE' place!
We stay here often, so we have added many amenities over the years. When ever we have one of those moments that say to you..'Hey, you know what we should get for the cabin?' We go out and get it, so you won't be looking for this or that to make your stay comfortable and homey.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We just got home to the Bay Area and wanted to give you feedback on our stay.
Thank you for maintaining your home so well and supplying it with everything we needed.
I can't tell you how our family was impressed by comfortable beds, down comforters, enough towels for everyone and a well stocked kitchen.
We have rented many homes in the area and other cities and this one is one we will recall with fond memories.
We even discovered the Baden trail that we hiked on for 2 miles.
We did drive into Reno twice to Cabela's and to the outlets. The smoke was bearable but can't image it being worse a few days before we arrived.
Hoping to plan another stay at your Truckee home next year.
2 traveler reviews
Mountain Charm; 5 Star Comfort
Perfect for 2 families and convenient location!
Would highly recommend!
From the Owner
“When ever the house is seasonally vacant we are cleaning, updating and performing maintenance for you to enjoy comfort, clean and cozy accommodations. You will find top of the line mattresses to sleep upon. We've supplied you with a kitchen fully loaded with every appliance to make your experience in the kitchen fun There are 3 flat screen TV's on the property, (The largest in the family room and 60'). There is a computer, and a Casio player keyboard. We've left DVD's and videos and board games and books. The house has cable, Netflix, land line phone for local calls (Think snow storm and mts. and your cell may not work here.) We also provide a snowplow service to be sure you get in and out of the driveway in winter. Additionally, there are garage door openers to let you in if the weather is stormy. This house also has 3 car garage, plus ample driveway area for parking.”
Activity and Interests
There is so much to do in the Truckee Tahoe Donner area year round.
Any season offers the best of the great outdoors.
For winter play the house is within minutes of some of the best ski
and snowboard areas - Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Sugar Bowl,
Northstar, and Tahoe Donner. In addition to the Tahoe Donner ski area, for non-skiers/boarders Tahoe Donner has a snow play area, (within walking distance of the house) that offers tubing and sledding. And don't forget about trying the trails for snow-shoeing too! Want to warm up...try a winter swim in the outdoor pool at 80' water temp, or a spa at 95'...regardless of the outside temperatures!
Be sure to check out all the Tahoe Donner amenities at the Tahoe Donner website.
In summer you can play tennis, bike, hike, fish, canoe, kayak, sail, or swim in one of Tahoe Donners three pools or take a beach day at Tahoe or Donner lake, golf at one of the areas many courses, take a trail ride on horseback, or just bask in the sun off the back or front deck and bird watch! Still wanting for more? How about a work out in the gym, an afternoon sauna, a relaxing massage, or a trip to the spa? One thing is for sure, you'll have plenty to do and lots of choices too!
Historic downtown Truckee is a cute little town full of restaurants and
shops. Reno is just 40 minutes away with an international airport
and famous casinos. Beautiful Lake Tahoe is a 30 minute drive.
This property has been certified by the
National Wildlife Federation Organization as a recognized wildlife habitat area.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable damage deposit $450
- cleaning $150
- Tax Rate 10.0%
$345 per night (Sunday-Thursday)
$375 per night (Friday/Saturday)
$475 per night
$1800 non-holiday week-summer rate
$1900 non-holiday week-winter rate
$3200 holiday week-summer & winter r
From the Owner
“Upon entering you will find a large, cozy inviting living room opening to the kitchen, dining room and deck out back. This room also boasts a real wood burning stove for those chilly nights. The house also 'splits' easily to accommodate two families, with one sleeping 'upstairs' where there are 3 bedrooms, front deck and 2 baths, and the other sleeping 'downstairs' where there is another master, family room and deck area. It's great to be able to share common area of the living, yet separate to settle in for private time in the evenings.”
- Sports & Activities
- Garage ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Wood Stove ...
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Game Room ...
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Toys ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool ...
- Heated Pool
- Hot Tub ...
- Sauna ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Mountain View
- autumn foliage
- recreation center
- bird watching
- horseback riding
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- golf privileges optional
- ice skating
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- roller blading
- ski lift privileges
- water skiing
- water tubing
- 2252 sq. ft.
- 3 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, shower, Master/ 2 sinks
- Bathroom 3 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen, Downstairs: Stearns/Foster Pillowtop matress.
- Bedroom 3 - 2 twin/ single
- Bedroom 4 - 3 twin/ single, Bunk and single
- Bedroom 1 - 1 king, Upstairs Master/Stearns Foster Pillowtop Matress
- Bedroom 5 - 1 baby crib, 1 sleep sofa /futon, Queen futon downstairs, and portacrib.
- Bicycles ...
- Boat ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Tennis ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- Sleeps 11 4 bedrooms 1 King-upstairs master (New pillowtop Stearns & Foster mattress) 1 Queen-downstairs bedroom (New pillowtop Stearns & Foster mattress) 2 twins -upstairs bedroom (New plush top mattress) 1 twin+2 twin bunk -upstairs bedroom (New plush top mattress') 1 portable fold-away playpen 1 Queen futon in rec room 2 Twin Tri-fold 3" deep floor mats 3 full baths (hair dryer in all 3 bathrooms) Living Room (upstairs) Recreation room (downstairs) 4 decks :tables/chairs/hammock-summer Free wireless internet access Free local phone service 3 New flat screen cable ready TV's (60", 46', 40") ,DVD, VCR and Stereo (Rec room/ living room/Master) Rec room has a new flatscreen 60" TV with Blu ray player and is Netflix streaming enabled for unlimited movie viewing of over 30,000 titles ASUS computer with free internet-Windows 7 Casio 1-2-3 player piano. Additional small refrigerator in family room. 5 bicycles/helmets Books, magazines, movies, CD's and numerous child/adult board games Beautiful, fully equipped gourmet kitchen Opening and closing service included. House is warm and water is on. Laundry - washer and two dryers, clothes line High quality linens and towels provided Kitchen and bath paper/cleaning products provided All beds have cushy warm down comforters wrapped in flannel with rustic quilts All bedrooms have iPod alarm clock/radio docking stations New 46" flat screen TV in the Master bedroom New 40" flat screen TV in living room with VCR Level street with slightly sloping drive. 3 Car Garage plus driveway parking for 6 additional vehicles Snow plowing during winter of driveway is provided Tahoe Donner Association is located in the town of Truckee, CA. The Association manages two recreation centers offering many amenities exclusive to residents and renters. Tahoe Donner winter amenities include its own ski and snow play area, cross-country skiing, 3 heated pools (one of which is open ALL year!), several spas, sauna, steam room, and complete gym. Massages are also available. The recreation centers are located within a 5 minute drive, or just walk on the trail behind the house. Access fee is $8/day with use of our guest passes. In the summer enjoy Tahoe Donner's golf course, driving range, equestrian center, tennis courts, and hiking trails, pools, gym, beach, and much more. One of many trail heads is just a few doors down from the house. At nearby Donner Lake there is a private boat launch, beach and concession area for your use.