House, 2 Bedrooms, 1.5 Baths, 6 Sleeps
Charming, fresh 2 bedroom, 1 ½ bath family home, located on beautiful and quiet 600 acre Pleasant Lake in New
London, New Hampshire. over 100’ of private, shared (with our other unit - see 1st photo) waterfront just steps across a quiet road, with 6x30’ dock, sandy bottom swimming area,
picnic table, and canoe.
This very recently renovated and furnished house sleeps 4-6+, including two bedrooms each with twin
beds, plus a fold-out queen-sized couch and a fold-out chair in the living area. We have 50Mb secure WiFi. The house is
insulated for spring & fall chills, with electric heat throughout, and a gas-fired "woodstove". There
is space for parking in front of the house, plus a shared two car garage for storage of your car,
bikes, water toys, kayaks, etc.
This is a superior choice for summer and fall vacations of a week or more. Pleasant Lake is pure,
safe, and quiet (no jet skis), and offers excellent swimming, boating, sailing, fishing,
waterskiing, plus ducks and loons to enjoy. Our dock sits in up to seven feet of water, has a ladder
into the water, and you may bring or locally rent a boat and keep it at the dock. The boat launch
site is a very short walk or paddle away, as is the Elkins Beach town park. The charming town of
New London is a short drive, a walk, or a bike ride away.
This home has good privacy on all sides, with its own lawn, trees, and gardens. It is only a few
steps walk across a quiet road from the water and dock. It shares the lakefront with our 1 bedroom,
1 bath cottage, which is perched at the edge of the lake on the other side of the road (visible in photo taken from the deck). That
cottage is also available at the same rates. Together, the two make an outstanding family & friends compound! If you have interest in
that cottage, or both, please inquire, or check VRBO #392684.
About the Owner
1 traveler review
Activity and Interests
- Boating, waterskiing, sailing, canoeing, kayaking, swimming, fishing, floating, snorkeling, all
the water fun just steps away from your deck.
- In addition to your own waterfront, we include passes to the two New London town beach parks,
nearby Elkins Beach and Bucklin Beach on Little Sunapee Lake. These are wonderful for children and
have lifeguards, picnic, and play areas.
- The walk or bike around Pleasant Lake is very popular, and connects to a series of woodland trails
that traverse miles of the surrounding area.
- The charming town of New London is the cultural, tax-free shopping, services, and culinary center of the
Sunapee region. There are a number of restaurants and shops of all categories to choose from, plus
a fine library for those rainy days. The village green and bandstand often have free concerts.
There is a sports store in town where you can rent bikes and kayaks. There is a supermarket,
drugstore, hardware store, and a NH State liquor store in town, plus many more interesting shops.
- During the summer, the New London Barn Playhouse offers wonderful summer stock musicals and plays
for all ages. It has been doing so for over 75 years! See their website for details.
- Colby Sawyer College in New London has a beautiful campus, which includes the Hogan Center,
available to the public. Hogan has an indoor pool, gym, running track, racquetball and squash, and
a comprehensive fitness center with weights, fitness and exercise machines, and regular aerobics,
yoga, and other fitness classes.
- There are a number of challenging golf courses within a 30 minute drive. Notable nearby public
courses are The Country Club of NH, Ragged Mountain GC, Newport GC, Eastman GC, and the family-
friendly 9 hole course at Twin Lake Village resort on Little Sunapee Lake. The private, Donald Ross designed course of nearby Lake Sunapee Country Club is also available to our renters.
- Tennis courts are available at the New London Outing Club, Mountainside Racquet and Fitness Center
(indoor), or you can try the Colby Sawyer or a local high school campus.
- Museums and historical sites include The Fells (John Hays' 1891 summer home and gardens) on Lake
Sunapee, several Shaker village museums within a short drive, the New London Historical Society
grounds in town, nearby Muster Field Farm, and the Saint-Gaudens national historic site on the
- There are a large number of antique, art, and craft shops and fairs in the area.
- The MV Mt. Sunapee and MV Mt. Kearsarge boats offer day and dinner cruises on nearby Lake Sunapee.
- And, of course, it is an easy day trip to visit the White Mountains, Lake Winnipesaukee, Boston, or the NH seashore, or an
even easier drive to Vermont or the Hanover/Dartmouth area!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
May 1 2015 - Jun 26 2015
3 night minimum stay
Jun 27 2015 - Sep 7 2015
7 night minimum stay
Sep 8 2015 - Oct 31 2015
3 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable damage deposit $500
- Cleaning fee $100
- Tax Rate 9.0%
We use a local agency to handle all paperwork and money. A signed lease and deposit will be requested to reserve your rental. We do not have access to your money until after you arrive. There is no charge to you for their services.
Our check in is 3:00 pm, check out is 11:00 am
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Lake View
- Mountain View
- autumn foliage
- live theater
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 1 Bathroom,
- 2 Half Baths
- Bathroom 1
- Half Bathroom
- Half Bathroom
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Outdoor Grill
- - Our kitchen is fully furnished with refrigerator, electric stove, microwave, toaster oven, blender, coffee maker. It is also fully equipped with cookware, dishes, glasses, coffee mugs, flatware, picnic ware, etc. The view from the sink is out over the deck to the lake. - The dining area has a large table with additional leaves, and seats six comfortably without the leaves. - The living area includes HiDef TV & DVR, DVD player, (fold-out) couch and (fold out) chair. - In between the living and dining areas, there is a new gas-fired, glass-front, freestanding, stove to enjoy during cool days or nights. - Each of the similar sized 2 bedrooms have twin beds, a full closet and dresser. All bedding, including linens and pillows, are provided. The master bedroom also has a HiDef TV with DVR. - The main bathroom has a tub with shower, a vanity with sink & lighted mirror and a hair dryer. All towels are provided, including beach towels. - The 2nd bathroom is a half bath, and houses a full-sized washer and dryer. - There is a large front deck with built-in benches, plus patio furniture of tables, 8 chairs, umbrella, and gas grill & barbeque tools. - We have 50Mb of secure Wi-fi Internet access. - There is garage space for your stuff. - The large canoe is sturdy aluminum and we have paddles & many life jackets, including kids'. Good for fishing or just paddling around the lake. It can easily hold a family of four. - There is a small library of books, video DVD’s & tapes, cards, board games, and jigsaw puzzles. - We have a landline telephone for local and inbound calls. You may also use a prepaid long distance card. Most cell phones work well here.