House, 5 Bedrooms, 3 Baths, 12 Sleeps
The Gray Lady is a tradional style one-story ocean front beach house on the south end of Pawleys Island with a dock on the tidal creek. We have five bedrooms (two with queen beds, two with a pair of single beds, and one with two sets of bunks). One queen bedroom has a bath with shower. Two other bathrooms with tub/shower are shared by two bedrooms each. Main central area includes fully equipped kitchen with two refrigerators, dining table that seats eight adjacent to full length windows giving westerly view across the tidal marsh. Counter with barstools accommodates additional dining.
Screened porch across width of house on beach side with rocking chairs and rope hammock. Small screened 'reading' porch on tidal creek side. Creek dock is great place for watching gorgeous sunsets and fishing.
The most romantic week ever!
About the Owner
Lou Self and Bee Jones are sisters who have enjoyed family vacations at Pawley's Island for over 50 years. We are fortunate to be able to continue to own this little cottage and offer it for use. It gives us great pleasure to share our little bit of South Carolina low country paradise.
5 based on 3 traveler reviews
The most romantic week ever!
What a great time we had at the GRAY LADY.
My stay at "Gray Lady" was GREAT!!My stay at "Gray Lady" was GREAT!!
Activity and Interests
Very wide beach area in front of house at low tide - good for games or just sitting in the sun. Wading and crabbing in the creek. Great bird watching - look for bald eagle in top of highest tree across the tidal marsh. Surf and creek fishing. Area abounds with terrific golf venues available to the public. Unique shopping and some awfully good dining. Visit historic Georgetown (13 miles south) or the attractions of Myrtle Beach (25 miles north). Art patrons should not miss Brookgreen Gardens. Nature abounds: see the alligators at Huntington Beach Park, visit the Belle Baruch nature preserve and do your own 'birding' along the beach and tidal areas. Rent kayaks for fun in the surf or creek. Take floats to the south end at incoming tide and drift down the creek with the tide to the Gray Lady dock.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Feb 7 2015 - May 22 2015
2 night minimum stay
May 23 2015 - Aug 1 2015
7 night minimum stay
Aug 2 2015 - Sep 5 2015
7 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Tax Rate 11.0%
Deposit is required with the completion of the rental contract. The amount of the deposit depends on the length of the stay: weekend vs. full week.
Rates include 11% rental tax and $110.00 cleaning fee:
February 7 - May 23: $3135/week.
May 23 - August 1: $4,895.00/week.
August 2 - October11: $3,905.00/week.
October 11 - November 30: $3135.00/week.
Available for less than full week rentals, except for prime summer
season. Partial weeks will be prorated based on the seasonal weekly rate
From the Owner
“You will not find a more clean and cared for house kept up by do it yourselfers who just want to be able to keep this special place as a loving tribute to our parents. We have a wonderful 'wall of fame' with collage photos of many years of happy times at Pawley's.”
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Toaster ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Video Library ...
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- botanical garden
- bird watching
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
Sports & Adventure Activities
- surf fishing
- 3 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, combination tub/shower, bath between front queen and back twin bedrooms
- Bathroom 3 - toilet, shower, private bath with back queen bedroom
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, combination tub/shower, between front twin and back bunk bedrooms
- Guests/renters must bring their own bath towels.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 2 - 2 twin/ single, shares a bathroom with front queen room
- Bedroom 3 - 2 twin/ single, front twin bedroom shares bathroom with back bunk bedroom
- Bedroom 4 - 4 twin/ single, 2 sets of bunk beds shares bathroom with front twin bedroom
- Bedroom 5 - 1 queen, 'Master Bedroom' with private bath/shower only
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen, shares a bath with back twin bedroom
- Guests/renters must bring their own bed sheets and bath and beach towels.
- Balcony ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- Ocean side sun deck and screened porch with eight rocking chairs and rope hammock. Deck on tidal creek great for watching gorgeous sunsets. Full HVAC, 42-inch kitchen range with two ovens, two refrigerators with icemakers, TV w/VCR/DVD player, washer/dryer, ample parking on concrete driveway. Dining table seats eight comfortably with kitchen counter and barstools for additional eating space. Two enclosed 'outside' shower stalls(with hot and cold water). We have added wireless internet service. Note: Guests must provide own bed and bath linens.