Cottage, 3 Bedrooms, 1 Baths, 10 Sleeps
Welcome... to Country Vacation Cottages
Since 1937, these charming cottages have welcomed travelers to the
historic village of Aaronsburg nestled in the scenic, mountains of
eastern Penns Valley. Our five recently restored, fully modernized,
non-smoking cottages are among the few surviving "Family Cabins"
that once flourished along highways throughout America. The Schafer
family is committed to providing Family-Friendly, comfortable
accommodations and old-fashioned hospitality in a quaint small town
setting. We welcome children in our cheerfully but simply decorated
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Things to See & Do
Sample the Amish & Rural Life
Scenic eastern Penns Valley is the heart of Pennsylvania's Amish Farming Community. East Penns Valley is the home of several Amish sects. Horse-drawn buggies frequently clip-clop past the cottages each day. Visitors can sample
Amish life by visiting nearby farmer's markets and shops where the
Amish make and sell a variety of fresh produce, baked goods, quilts,
crafts, and furniture.
Shopping, Antiques, Flea Markets
Discover the next family heirloom at the numerous antique shops,
flea markets and quaint country gift shops within a short drive.
* Spend the day FREE at the outdoor heated Pool at Soldiers & Sailors Park just 1 mile away.
* Two of Pennsylvania's most spectacular tourist caves are located
just 10 minutes drive from the cottages- Penns Cave and Woodward
* Two of nature's most beautiful State Parks are nearby. Poe Valley
State Park and R. B. Winter State Park. Both are FREE access and
both feature mountain lakes with beaches for swimming, fishing,
picnic facilities & trails for hiking.
* You have nearby access to Bald Eagle State Forest and the Mid-State Trail.
* Bowling & Billiards can be enjoyed at nearby Millheim Lanes.
* Enjoy a Wine tasting tour at several nearby Winerys.
Tour & Explore
* Just twenty-five minutes away is the city of State College home of
the Main Campus of Penn State University. Visitors are welcome to
explore the campus with its many museums, libraries, cultural
pursuits, and sporting events.
* Take in a concert or show at The Bryce Jordan Center, Eisenhower Auditorium or State Theatre. Cottages are available for all sporting event dates including the famous Penn State Nittany Lion football games.
* Sample the delicious ice cream at the University Creamery!
* Downtown State College is a beautiful, vibrant college town with a
dynamic night-life, movie theatres, unique shops and an extensive
variety of restaurants.
* Visit Historic Bellefonte and Historic Boalsburg for shopping, historical museums and outstanding architecture.
Fairs & Festivals
Summer brings many outdoor fairs and festivals to the area.
* JULY: Central Pennsylvania Festival of the Arts and The People's Choice Festival of Pennsylvania
Crafts totaling over 500 artisans from all over the country displaying and
demonstrating their hand crafts. Both festivals feature wonderful
performance artists, & musicians as well as award-winning festival
Celebrate Memorial Day in Boalsburg, Pa. Crafts & Antique vendors, Civil War Re-enactments, great food & entertainment. Tour the nearby Boal Mansion and Pa Military Museum.
* Mifflinburg Buggy Days centered around the Mifflinburg Buggy Museum, activities include Museum Tours, Skilled Crafters, Entertainment, Vintage
Antiques, Authentic Demonstrations, Tempting Treats, Period
Blacksmith demonstartion, Children's Activities, Buggy Rides and
concerts in the park.
* JUNE & SEPTEMBER:
Nittany Antique Machinery Show fires up its engines at Penns Cave. Thousands of
antique tractors and engines are on display for the public and there
are many activities for the whole family. Bring comfortable walking
shoes to browse the gigantic flea market area.
* The Centre County Grange Encampment & Fair in late
August in Centre Hall, Pa. This 130+ year old
traditional county fair is the only tent-camping fair in the USA.
Local families live at the fair all week long and renew old
friendships and have family reunions in 950 tents, 1300 RV's on the grounds. The fair boasts hundreds of concessions, over 7,000 exhibit items, amusement rides, and delicious "Fair Food". The kids will love having an up-close encounter with farm animals including Cows, Pigs, Horses, Sheep, Rabbits, Goats, and Poultry featured in
livestock competitions. Don't forget the tractor-pulling contests!
Top names in entertainment are featured at the FREE grandstand.
There is much more for the whole family!
* Ag Progress Days is Pennsylvania's largest outdoor agricultural exposition. Sponsored by Penn State's College of Agricultural Sciences, the event is held at the Russell E. Larson Agricultural Research Center at Rock Springs, nine miles southwest of State College on Pa. Route 45. 400 exhibitors. Each year, farming families attend this three-day event. Come and learn about the latest innovations in the agricultural industry and spend your day with Penn State Ag educators.
* DECEMBER: Christkindl Market in Historic
Mifflinburg in December. It is Mifflinburg's version of an
authentic German Christmas Market, inspired by the 700-year-old
traditional German Christkindl Markt. This is a festive event for
three days, Mifflinburg's Market Street, with its many churches, is
lined with festive outdoor huts featuring vendors with unique
handmade crafts and traditional Christkindl treats. The air is
filled with the enticing aroma of roasted almonds, hot c
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Peak Seaon- Cottage #2
Apr 11 2015 - Sep 7 2015
1 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
RATES LISTED ARE BASE RATES (April-October). Contact us for: Discounted Weekly Rate, Off-Season Discounted OR Longterm Rental Rates(Nov.-April), Discounted Business Weeknight Rates, Special Event/Holiday Rates, Rates are subject to change.
Add $10-20 for single night stays or extra persons.
COTTAGE #1 & #3: $85.00/night
COTTAGE #2 $90/night
COTTAGE #4 $99/night
COTTAGE #5 (based on occupancy)
- Sports & Activities
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- pets not allowed
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 1 Bathroom
- Bathroom 1
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Amenities: All Cottages include the following Amenities: * Towels & Bed Linens, Clock Radio, Soap/Shampoo * Microwave, Toaster, Coffeemaker * Basic Dishes, Pans, & Utensils * Complimentary Coffee and Condiments * Guest-controlled Heat and A/C * Cable TV & DVD Player * Wireless Internet Access * FREE passes to nearby Heated, Outdoor Public Swimming Pool (seasonal) * Board Games & Yard games for use during your stay (upon request) * Guest Recreation Guide, which includes driving directions to all local recreation, attractions and restaurants as well as information about the local Amish communities. * Special arrangements can be made for dinner reservations, fresh flowers, Birthday Cakes, a continental breakfast basket, Amish baked-goods or snacks, or any other special items you might require for your special occasion stay. Reasonable fee will be charged.