From the porch/deck of this exceptional 2200sq.ft. home, enjoy the
spectacular Lake Michigan sunsets. Walk 600 ft. to the Lake Michigan
shore and play on the magnificent sugar sand beach that connects
35 miles of Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore.
The back yard adjoins a nature preserve where deer, wild
turkeys, fox and other wildlife are frequently seen. The side yard
rolls gently down to a mowed grass park and the edge of South Bar
Lake, a 1 mile long lake just 200 ft. from the Michigan shoreline.
Within walking distance of one block to the east are the post office,
grocery store, bank, Friendly's Tavern and Tiffany's Ice Cream
Parlor. Two blocks to the east is the Public Library.
This is truly a unique location.
Because our Lake Michigan home is special to us, we request
great care and consideration from our renters.
Although I rarely have the opportunity to meet our guests face to face, I enjoy getting to know you through phone calls, email and correspondence. I am a family man who is grateful to have found a little piece of heaven in Park Place which we enjoy sharing with others who appreciate and respect the home and the area.
Park Place is more wonderful than we had dreamed it would be. Every morning I would raise the blinds to greet my 2 !!! lakes and every evening we'd be treated to a gorgeous sunset through the same window. One of my favorite things in life is to enjoy a meal in a peaceful setting with a beautiful view. I love this big eat in kitchen. Speaking of eating - we did enjoy several cafes, a brewery, ice cream shops... And we climbed the trails!
Thank you for sharing your paradise.
“The story including pictures about Park Place, it's acquisition and renovation, is chronicled in a notebook at the house.”
- Visitor center in Empire for the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park
- Museum depicting Empire's lumber and logging history
- Museum of early Lake Michigan boats at Glen Haven
- Old Coast Guard Station at Glen Haven
- Day trip to South Manitou Island leaving from Leland Michigan
- Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive just 5 minutes away
- Boat rental at the Narrows Marina on Glen Lake
- Swimming at North Bar or South Bar Lake
- Sugar sand beaches everywhere
- Hiking trails throughout the national park
- Bicycle the new Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail to Glen Arbor
- Canoe, raft, tube or kayak the Crystal River 8 miles to the north
or the Platte River 10 miles to the south
- Golfing the many area courses
- Tour the Leelanau County roads to Glen Lake, Glen Arbor, Leland,
Northport, Sutton's Bay and Traverse City
- Attend a concert in the amphitheatre located at Interlochen,
the nationally acclaimed school for performing arts. (25 miles away)
- Pick blueberries in late July, August and early September
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Aug 22 2015 - Aug 29 2015
7 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
At this time to book Park Place, a $400 refundable security deposit is required with the return of a signed rental agreement. Upon receipt of the security deposit, (payable by check), a written confirmation of the deposit and booking will be mailed. Payment in full is required 4 weeks prior to occupancy. Cancellation less than 4 weeks prior to occupancy is subject to forfeiture of the deposit.
Weekly Rate: $1350 - $2550
Mid Season rate: up to 7 people June 13 - 20, 2015 $1925/week
Summer rate: up to 7 people June 20 - August 22, 2015 $2550/week
Mid Season rate: up to 7 people August 22 - 29 $1935/week
Off-season rates: up to 7 people $1350
3 Night min.
There is a 5% discount for guests who return
These rates include taxes and cleaning
A $400 deposit is required to reserve house
“Location, Location, Location”