Cottage, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Baths, 8 Sleeps
* Comfortable cottage on the channel within view of Long Lake which sleeps up to 8. Two bedroom,1 bath with tub and shower, living room and side room
Beautiful front deck to enjoy the Lake and two (2) private docks out front. Only feet from Long Lake and the Chain of Lakes, including a total of 7 Lakes.
Fire pit in back yard.
* Boat rentals are available from Coldwater Lake Marina and Lake Drive Marina
* In the back(just walk across the private road) is a private swimming pond with two (2) water slides and four (4) Beach areas.
* Shady Oaks is a private community with paved roads excellent for roller blades, skate boards and bikes.
* Summer is not the only time to enjoy Lake Life. During the Winter there is snowmobiling, ice fishing and cross country skiing.
About the Owner
I grew up in Toledo, OH in the country and loved the peace and quiet. After I got married and had children my husband, Larry, and I decided we wanted our children to grow up in the country and have the freedom of being able to run and play on the 5 acres where our home was situated. Living in the country away from the hustle and bustle of the city is great. Moving to the Lake was the best move we ever made.
Guestbook comments from the manager
Had a great time with all the friendly people in the community. The cottage was perfect and there is a beautiful view of the lake from the deck.
I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a fun time.
5 based on 9 traveler reviews
Nice little place
Best Of Times
Great Great Vacation Community
Great hospitality, fun community
From the Owner
“We used to come to the lake and visit friends on weekends and fell in love with the area. Everyone is friendly. When the vacant lot came up for sale we made an offer and it was accepted. This was where we were building our retirement home. That was almost 30 years ago. Larry and I have both retired and lived here full time for 20 years now. We have seen our neighbors and friends children grow and today have children of their own. Shady Oaks is a private community with people that like to have fun and enjoy life. Here we have our privacy, yet a short 5-7 miles to town and there are theaters, restaurants and shopping.”
Activity and Interests
Swimming pond with (2) water slides, plus swings at one end of the beach.
The area is known for its family owned Drive-in Theater-Capri Drive-In, Binder Park Zoo - Battlecreek, John Ball Zoo, - Grand Rapids, Air Zoo - Kalamazoo. Shopping close by includes Meijer,WalMart,Younkers,Menards, Kohl's and The Outlet Mall.
Don't want to cook...new restaurant just opened on Coldwater Lake, The Barefoot Bar & Grill. Also close by, Pizza Hut, Applebees, Ruby Tuesday, Bill's Steak House, Strike Zone and many more.
Beautiful lakes in this area attract people for fishing,boating and swimming. Excellent bass in the Coldwater/Marble Chain and also loads of panfish including bluegill,redear sunfish, crappies and perch. In game fish, we have large mouth bass, small mouth bass and a lot of Northern Pike.
A new casino, Firekeepers, opened in 2009 in Battlecreek, MI. Only 30 min. from Coldwater.
Please be sure to check the calendar for availability.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 1 2015 - Jun 27 2015
3 night minimum stay
Jun 28 2015 - Sep 12 2015
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $50.00
- Refundable damage deposit $200.00
50% due with signing contract plus deposit. Remaining 50% due on day of arrival.
No cleaning charge if property is left as you found it.
* Opened year round for Summer Fun, Fall Fishing and Winter on the Lake.
* Weekly -$850(May - September) $550 (October - April)
* Monthly (October - April) $700 plus utilities.
* Check in at 3pm Saturday - Check out 11am following Saturday (Negotiable).
* Weekends - $400(May-September) $300 (October -April)
From the Owner
“We picked this area because of the awesome views of the lake. Everyday, every season is a new painting of life. I never see the same view twice as it changes continually.”
- Sports & Activities
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- Beach View
- Lake View
- Water View
- autumn foliage
- coin laundry
- live theater
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- gambling casinos
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- hunting small game
- jet skiing
- roller blading
- water skiing
- water tubing
- 1 Bathroom
- Bathroom 1
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 2 - 1 double
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- * Everything is included - Just bring your toothbrush! * Cottage is Fully Furnished with: Stove, (2) refrigerators, microwave, coffee maker, cups,plates,silverware, pots and pans,blender,crock pot, toaster, (2) TV's, DVD Player, VCR, linens, blankets, towels, wash cloths. * Outside, on the front deck, is a large picnic table with umbrella that seats 6-8 and chairs on back deck with a gas grill. * WiFi Furnished * Washer and Dryer * Cloths line for wet towels and suits * Fun furnished by you * Two(2) boat docks right out front * Side yard large enough for playing games (corn Hole) * Two futons with extra thick mattresses in the side room.