Chalet, 3 Bedrooms, 3 Baths, 8 Sleeps
This Enchanting, A-Frame, Mountain Chalet in The North Carolina High Country is in the darling, gated, community of Powder
Horn Mountain. Convenient to Blowing Rock or Boone, near the Blue Ridge Parkway, off of Elk Creed Rd. Paved roads await you, until you enter the short, gravel driveway of the Tree Haus!
The Tree Haus, cozy for 2 but roomy enough for the family, offers 3
floors with 3 Decks to watch the deer roam. Do you like to cook? The kitchen is very large and fully stocked with pots, pans, crock pot,
electric skillet, microwave, nice dinner place settings... just bring
your drinks, food and maybe your favorite spices!
It has Central Heat and Air Conditioning, Gas Fireplace, Dishwasher, Outdoor Gas Grill, Washer and Dryer, cozy furnishings laced with a little whimsy, 3 TVs with Satellite receivers, DVD and VCR players, games, books and more! Everything to make your vacation comfy!
All bed linens and bath towels provided.
Excellent Vacation Destination
About the Owner
We raised our family on Florida's west coast and as the kids grew up we started taking adventures to the mountains until deciding to buy The Tree Haus. Now we have grandkids to explore trails with us. Love this hideaway!!!
Guestbook comments from the owner
Our guest book journal is full of wonderful & amusing comments of Tree Haus adventures! Please add yours before leaving, for the enjoyment of guests who follow. Reading the journal is the 1st thing we do each time we arrive!!
We love that you have such great memories & are willing to share them!
Please come again!
Love, Sally & Ken
4.9 based on 37 traveler reviews
Excellent Vacation Destination
Tree Haus during the summer
- Quiet and far enough away from city life while still being only a 30+min drive away from downtown Boone
- large (three stories!) with foosball table, board games and cable/dvd player for late night family movies. Quite ideal for kids of all ages (I work in pediatrics) even our infant daughter.
- nice hiking trails all around (easy to moderate)
- close proximity to lake (fishing permitted), creek and communal lodge that has a pool, pool tables and ping pong tables. Very friendly atmosphere!
- owners are VERY welcoming and do a fantastic job at making the check-in a check-out as idiot proof as possible. Thank you!
- a little tricky to get to (but very detailed instructions from owners make this less of an issue)
- closer to other houses then expected, but far enough away to allow for personal privacy
- in the thicket of the woods, so not a great view of mountains, but easily a short drive from the parkway
Over-all: Very good experience! Would certainly recommend for family's or couples looking for romantic get-away
Cannot be better
Perfect Relaxation Spot
Lovely cabin in the woods
From the Owner
“Close enough to Boone (9 miles), a college town, with lots of great sports, concerts, plays and more, yet you definitely are in a mountain community on Powder Horn!”
Activity and Interests
* The Tree Haus is a NO pets, NO smoking rental
* Convenient to the Blue Ridge Parkway, Boone, Blowing Rock & Grandfather Mountain.
* 4 Ski Resorts (Appalachian, Hawksnest, Sugar & Beech),
* River Kayaking,
* Horseback Riding,
* Christmas Tree Farms,
* Tweetsie Railroad,
* Horn in the West Outdoor Drama theatre,
* Fly fishing
* Merle Fest 35 minute drive.
* Golfing is available at Boone Golf Course, Hawks Tail & others.
* Zip line adventures
* Caverns to explore & Much more to do in the area!!!
If you are looking for a quiet place to escape the Summer heat; to enjoy the Changing of the Fall Leaves or Winter Mountain Views; a place to meet friends & family; a place full of adventures and
wonderful day trips .... The Tree Haus in the North Carolina High Country has it all!
Here is a Quote from MSN City Guides article: 'America's 10 Best Outdoor Towns' regarding Boone: 'The tallest mountain in the East lies not in Vermont, New Hampshire or Maine but near Boone, North Carolina. It's 6,684-foot Mount Mitchell, a centerpiece of the Pisgah National Forest and Blue Ridge Mountains, whose valleys hide hip
little hiking towns like this one. Appalachian State University attracts outdoorsy students to Boone, where you're as likely to find a latte (Espresso News) as a low-key country restaurant with fried chicken (Daniel Boone Inn). Paddlers hit the Nolichucky and French
Broad Rivers for class III and IV rapids (Mountain Adventure Guides, Erwin, Tenn.) while mountain bikers wheel along the 18-Mile Ride (Magic Cycles). There's even skiing here at Sugar Mountain Ski Resort
and a handful of other small resorts. For a classic adventure, tackle the 40-mile stretch of the Appalachian Trail that runs through here; even in the summer, temperatures remain refreshingly cool.'
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
Feb 1 - Feb 1
Fri, Sat, Sun
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Tax Rate 12.75%
Payable upon booking via PayPal.
Nightly Rate: $150
Weekly Rate: $840
Monthly Rate: $3000
Convenient & Safe "PayPal" accepted!!
Nightly Rates ...........$150 night/ 2 night min
HOLIDAY weekends* No rate increase $150 night/3 night min; Thanksgiving wknd, 4 night min; Dec 15-Jan 5, 5 night min
$100 refundable deposit, $75 cleaning fee
From the Owner
“Amazing hiking trails!!! You'd be hard pressed to find a chalet with the unique charm and space we offer at our rates!”
- Dining Area
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- pets not allowed
- bird watching
- horseback riding
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
- 3 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Bathroom 3
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Guests provide their own meals
- 3 Bedrooms & 3 Baths- 1 on each level, Loft; Accommodates up to 7 (8 if 2 people are willing to sleep together on the futon), plus 2 infants. No stairs required for main floor living. 1 Queen upper level w/loft; 2 Pac-n-plays; 2 Twin beds main floor bedroom (green room in pictures); Lower Level (great for older kids) is where you will find 1 Bunk with Twin (2) mattresses & 1 Full Size Futon. For infant/toddler safety, there is a gate available for the stairs to the upper Master Suite & a door that closes & locks to the lower Bunk area. Fully Appointed Huge Kitchen Outdoor Swimming Pool for summer use and more available at nearby Clubhouse!! This Gated Community has camp grounds, awesome hiking trails throughout, lakes for fishing (bass & perch), picnic areas, a tennis court and basketball hoops! You can take a walk to the nearby Clubhouse (1/2 mile) with swimming pool, billiards, air hockey and ping pong. Internet: Your SMART PHONE or Laptop broadband wireless card will work great if you have one. There are several coffee shops and book stores in Boone & Blowing Rock offering WiFi service. We have gotten many comments about how refreshing it is to be computer free while vacationing in the mountains!