Cabin, 5 Bedrooms, 3 Baths, Sleeps 10
The Skipper has built his large, custom built log home in the gated community of Brookside Forest on 3 1/2 acres. The cabin is beautifully decorated and has five bedrooms, three baths and lovely views of the mountains. The cabin entry brings you into the livingroom, dining area and kitchen, all with cathedral beam ceilings, hardwood oak floors, a beautiful stone fireplace with a 42' plasma television and a 5.1 home theater system. The five bedrooms consist of the Master with one King sleigh bed, the second and third bedrooms with Queen size beds. The fourth and fifth bedrooms each have a set of antique twins on the lower level. The Master bath contains a jacuzzi tub and separate shower. The lower level has an Irish Pub Bar for entertaining family and friends. Three large decks facing west with two sunsets per night from the different deck elevations. One elevation has a 6 person hot tub! The lower level has a billiard room, dart board, family room and Pub bar with a second stone gas fireplace. 2717 sq feet of living area. Plenty of room for family gatherings. Luxury and comfort at its best! Compare costs to other 5 bedroom homes in the area.
A preliminary inspection visit can be arranged.
Delightful Christmas Getaway
About the Owner
Retired Special Agent with US Customs, Office of Investigations. Retired Reserve Navy Commander with NCIS.
5 based on 13 traveler reviews
Delightful Christmas Getaway
A wonderful vacation experience
Great home - owners who care about your experience
As a bonus, owners (Randy) actually called to welcome us to the home and gave us instructions about hot tub and home theatre to insure we didn't have any issues working equipment.
Our family had a great weekend and the comfort of the cabin was big part of it.
Thank you for allowing to use your cabin...we loved it!
Great Family Vacation Cabin!
While there don't miss an opportunity to dine at the Point of View restaurant in Lake Lure. The food is absolutely delicious and the staff is very accommodating!
All in all, a wonderful place to stay!
Great getaway close to Asheville
Best Thanksgiving ever!
Thanksgiving dinner was wonderful thanks to my husband "the chef" and we had everything we could have possibly needed at our fingers tips thanks to your well stocked kitchen. A special thank you for the extra wine glasses, turkey platter and gravy boat you provided just for us. You really know how to make your guest feel special!
Our week past a little too fast but that's what happens when your having a great time with the ones you love. We drove to Asheville for a day and spent several exploring Lake Lure and your community. My mom and a family friend even went to Cherokee from there. You really have it all ( location, amenities, charm) we wouldn't change a thing! We all drove down/ up from several states to meet as a family and because it was so great to get away and see family we are all talking about doing the samething next year!
An extra thank you for being kind enough to mail our missing items!
If your thinking of getting away, this is a must stay location. Couples or families it's fantastic!
From the Owner
“Built the Cabin in 2006 from the ground up.”
Activity and Interests
5 minutes to two mountain golf courses (Bald Mountain & Apple Valley) and resort Spa!
Horseback riding and Broad River tubing near by.
Lake/beach access down the mountain.
Chimney Rock Village
Zip-lining within 10 minutes from cabin.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning $100
PayPal and checks accepted in advance.
Call for reoccurring specials!
Two night minimum for weekend visits.
15% discount for Active/Reserve Military & military retirees
From the Owner
“Very quiet location.”
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning ...
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Fireplace ...
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Toaster ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Pool Table ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only ...
- pets not allowed ...
- wheelchair inaccessible ...
- autumn foliage
- horseback riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
Sports & Adventure Activities
- golf privileges optional
- water tubing
- whitewater rafting
- 2715 sq. ft.
- 3 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower, jetted tub, Beautiful bath off the Commander's Stateroom.
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, shower, Family bath upstairs
- Bathroom 3 - toilet, combination tub/shower, Large Lower bath off den.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 king, King Sleigh bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen, Antique Queen
- Bedroom 3 - 1 queen, log queen bed
- Bedroom 4 - 2 twin/ single, two antique twin beds
- Bedroom 5 - 2 twin/ single, 2 antique twins
- Three bedrooms upstairs and two bedrooms downstairs.
- Deck / Patio ...
- Golf ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- Double hammock for those lazy evenings watching the sunset and listening for the deer crossing the stream behind the cabin. Three sunsets per evening from the different deck elevations. Extremely quiet and romantic. dual zone central heat and air conditioning. Furnished kitchen and laundry with utensils and linens provided. Jacuzzi tub in Master bath. 6 person hot tub out on the deck facing west to enjoy the sunsets! Pool Table and Dart board (bring your own darts). 42' Plasma TV w/ home theater upstairs & DVD, DirecTV satellite system. Downstairs TV w/ DVD in den with second fireplace and Pub bar. Outside Porch/deck rockers, Wrap around decks Located on a quiet cul-de-sac on 3 1/2 acres in a very private, mountain gated community. Charcoal/gas Grill/smoker combo on upper deck. Antique Persian rugs through out.