Beautiful, open mountain cottage near Big Boulder, Jack Frost and
Lake Harmony (motor boating) Lake. Easy Walking distance to bars,
restaurants, private beach and recreation areas. House is lovingly
maintained with plenty of parking and a HOT TUB in the back, 3
Bedrooms + Loft. 1 King bed, 2 Full beds, 3
twins,pull out couch and a trundle bed (in the loft). Cable TV, High-
Phone service with local/LD included. Come visit this home, and let
it be your haven for relaxation, or a launching pad to experience
the poconos have to offer.
BRAND NEW KITCHEN AND CARPET 6/1/07
Below is some info on restaurants and activities. To get to the house, take exit 95 off 476. go left on 940 East for 3 miles. Right at the light into Split rock resort. Pay a $1 toll. Follow signs toward lake harmony (you are cutting thru split rock). After you pass the Split rock lodge on your left, and go thru the opposite toll booth, make an immediate right onto Estates Drive. At the top of the hill go right on Birch, then your second left onto Timberline Dr. We are 2 cul-de-sacs down on the right, look for the house number on the Trash Container out front. 1314.
----- letter on amenities --------
We are very near the split rock resort... in fact, you'll probably drive thru it while coming to our house. Most of the outdoor amenities at the resort are open for use, such as the miniature golf, boat rentals, and the volleyball courts. There are nominal fees associated with each.
Additionally the Galleria (At split rock) has a bowling alley, a movie theater, game rooms, etc. This is all open for you to use, just pay as you go. There is also a spa in the Galleria that offers massage/treatments/etc... Their phone number is 570-722-3260.
We also have a beach that is part of our association, at the end of wood street & lake drive. We have 10 badges in the house you can use for access to the beach.
There are restaurants in split rock (i.e Bel'Lago, Bench Warmers, Galleria Restaurant) but we generally stay on the 'Lake Harmony Side' of the lake. All of the places you'll find up there are reasonable, but we generally do Breakfast at the Terra Cottage Cafe, lunch at home or at the beach (order your hoagies and sanwiches from the country peddler), and dinner at Nick's Lake House (out on the patio looking over the lake) or at Louie's Prime (make a reservation) which is an upscale steakhouse that challenges the Capital Grille. Shenanigan's also has a good menu, and surprisingly good food - the chef there does a great job!
Of course there are many other places - Piggy's (breakfast / lunch), Shenanigan's has karaoke at night, does a decent burger for lunch, and also has a dance club attached for the real late night crowd.
Other activities for fun:
1) Walk out the back of our house, straight thru the back of the cul-de-sac, and through the back neighbor’s yard (please be respectful)... there is a huge boulder field behind the house, left from a glacier that moved through the area in the last ice age. This is pretty incredible.
2) Hickory Run State Park (near Valerio’s Pizza) has great day hikes, nature center, etc
3) There are lots of companies that offer horseback rides, whitewater rafting tours, etc. We leave some pamphlets in the kitchen to get you started...
4) The Pocono raceway is nearby (south on 115 past woody's) and offers opportunities to ride and drive race cars, but you ~definitely~ need to schedule that head of time... call (877) 786 2522.
5) There are outlets in Tannersville off I-80 (not far from camel beach).
6) There is an indoor-outdoor flea market in the center of Blakeslee (intersection of 940 and 115) that you may find some interesting items. The flea market is on weekends only.
We hope this gets you started and that you & your family have a fantastic stay in the poconos, wherever you may go.
Eric & Jen Hall