House, 3 Bedrooms, 3 Baths, 10 Sleeps
ALLURING lakefront log cabin with mt. views, see Chimney Rock
White Oak Cabin on peaceful Laurel Lake provides the perfect setting for your mountain lake
vacation! It is located about ten minutes from shops in quaint Lake Lure(town) and Chimney Rock Park
with 404' Hickory Nut Falls. Rumbling Bald Resort cruises on Lake Lure are only 1 mile away.
Our White Oak Cabin features 3 bedrooms (king, queen, and twin beds), 3 baths, a loft area with a
daybed, and a fun-filled basement gameroom with bunk beds. A portacrib is available. A washer
and dryer are convenient and linens are provided.
Roast marshmellows on our firepit. Relax in the rocking chairs on the wrap-around porch, by the
beautiful stone fireplace(with remote), in the comfy hammock, or at
the picnic table under the tall white oak tree.
We provide an equipped kitchen, a gas grill, and restaurants are
close by. Ingles Grocery (hwy 9)is a few miles away with a pharmacy,
gas, a deli, and a variety of foods.
We offer Free WiFi!
Choose from two TV's featuring satellite and vcr/dvd, or head to the
gameroom for fun activities such as air hockey, table tennis, electronic darts,
books, and games. Compete in horseshoes outside. Use our bike to ride
around the area. A phone for local service is provided.
You can enjoy the lake and mountain view in our canoe and paddleboat, fish from our dock or just watch the Canadian Geese glide by. There
is a park for picnics just across the stream.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
How many places like this are left? How many treasured memories do we have? Thank you for sharing your house and giving us these memories and scenery, a slice of mountain paradise, to remember, hopefully a lifetime. We tubed, we were mountain climbers, we were cowboys and cowgirls. The smores were gooey and yummy. But the best part were the smiles on the kids faces. The kids are from ages 1-47. We had a ball! Some caught their first fish while others tried things they had never done before. We came Friday, and on Thursday as I lay my 5 year old girl to bed, I told her we were leaving in the morning. Her face saddened and tears welled in her big brown eyes. "We all want to stay!" I stroked her hair and back and reminded her of our great adventures. In these fast and furious times, when information and instant access consume us; I pray that my family and friends stop and remember these places that are a reminder of God, family, nature and wonderful memories.
1 traveler review
Activity and Interests
Flat Rock Theatre, Carl Sandburg's home, Black Mountain, the Blue
Ridge Parkway, Mt. Mitchell State Park, Pisgah National Forest, and
Biltmore House are only a few of the interesting places close by to
visit. Rumbling Bald Resort in Fairfield Mts. is up Buffalo Creek Rd.
which is only about 1/2 mile before Laurel Lakes. The Resort's
restaurants, golf courses, and cruises (reserve ahead) are available.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable damage deposit $150
- Tax Rate 11.75%
2 weeks before stay.
nightly rate: $180
Weekly Rate: $1080
Monthly Rate: $0 - $0
$160 nt.(2 nt. minimum) or $950 wk.
11.75% state and county occupancy tax added
$150 refundable deposit
most major credit cards accepted using PAYPAL
personal and cashier checks accepted
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Fitness Room / Equipment ...
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Refrigerator ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Video Library ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Mountain View
- paddle boating
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- 3 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- Bathroom 3 - toilet, shower
- tubs with showers basement has standing shower only
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 2 - king with bath upstairs in loft area
- Bedroom 1 - queen sleeps 2 on main floor across from bath
- Bedroom 3 - 2 twins: in basement adjoining bath
- Bicycles ...
- Boat ...
- Deck / Patio
- Kayak / Canoe
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- Our mt.log cabin is on a ten acre lake. Our dock is great for canoeing, fishing, swimming, and fun with paddle lifeboats. Relax in the rocking chairs on the covered wrap-around porch, in the hammock, or roast marshmellows in the firepit. There is a community park with additional picnic and fishing facilities. Rumbling Bald Resort on Lake Lure is close by. Horseback riding stables, a library, river tubing, gem mines, and golf courses are nearby. A few minutes away, Lake Lure boasts a beach and boat rentals or cruises. The community center has basketball and tennis courts plus a Visitor's Center. There is shopping in Chimney Rock Park. Hike in scenic Chimney Rock Park, go rockhopping in Broad River or mine for gems.