Cottage, 6 Bedrooms, 4 Baths, 17 Sleeps
NOTE: Weekly only in summer - Saturday to Saturday - No exceptions :) Also, OUR CALENDAR IS UP TO DATE AT ALL TIMES. Please see calendar before inquiring. Thank you!
Gather with family and friends this summer at Three by the Sea in
beautiful South Haven! How perfect is this: one large house with two
roomy units, big yard, deck, lovely porch with hammock, close to the
beach, close to downtown, with bikes, boogie boards, beach toys
galore, all for your use! Grill out, play badminton or volleyball,
and just simply relax, gather, and enjoy.
Once you park your car, you won't need your keys again for a week.
It's just three blocks to Lake Michigan beaches, and two blocks to
charming downtown; walk to harbor festivities, parks, art fairs,
churches, the Kal-haven trail, restaurants, the maritime museum, and
the farmer's market!
(In winter, it's right by the lovely outdoor ice skating rink and
the popular sledding hill by the river!)
This wonderful cottage property featuring two complete rental units
and an adorable detached studio cottage is perfect for two private
parties, or one large gathering of extended family/friends who like
to stay together, yet separate! Each unit has a delightful furnished
kitchen, a super friendly, open floorplan, and enough cozy
activities to keep you busy when the weather fails to cooperate:
games, books, TV's with DirecTV),etc!
A deck with lots of chairs/tables, a porch with a hammock, a cozy
outdoor bistro style area, and a large yard that can accommodate a
volleyball net, this cottage never ceases to please! Visit our
website (the name of our property) today for details and
Unit #1 is called Maggie's Retreat: three bedrooms featuring two
queen beds and two twins, plus a comfortable sleeper sofa, furnished
kitchen w/microwave, gas stove, DW, and a long farmer's table for
gatherings, lots of windows and natural light, hardwood floors, two
stories, washer and dryer with laundry chute, two TV's with DirecTV.
Deck and porch go with Maggie's Retreat.
Unit Two is called Surfer Joe: two bedrooms featuring two queen
beds, furnished kitchen, FUN decor that inspires a light heart, TV
with cable, cozy outdoor bistro style area with lantern lights and
grill. Absolutely charming and private.
Sheila's Shack is an adorable studio cottage with mini kitchen and
bathroom with shower! Features a tv with DirecTV and dvd player.
Great privacy and no stairs for easy access.
Garage has bikes, Burley, and beach toys for your enjoyment.
Great for multiple families! We LOVED IT!!!!
About the Owner
4.1 based on 9 traveler reviews
Great for multiple families! We LOVED IT!!!!
Perfect For Our Family
Fine, but by no means excellent
this place is rotten
As for the bedding, that was 100% the fault of our cleaning service. We fired the cleaning crew immediately and had a new crew sent in to make it right. As rental owners, these are the unthinkable things that can occur. Our cleaning service was well paid and was expected to deliver the usual positive result, but it didn't happen. Naturally this would be upsetting to a guest, and her confidence in us would be shaken, but she wrote this response during the stay as a way of relieving her frustration, thereby injuring the wrong people. It was the fault of Coastal Concierge, not Three by the Sea, LLC. We pride ourselves on making our customers happy.
Finally, to the weeds in the window box. We put in hundreds of dollars of flowers each year and we pay to have someone come and water them several days per week. The growth of plants is very robust in SouthbHaven and it can be hard to keep up. We do pay someone to care for it, and perhaps they didn't do a good job for us that week. However, we have generally been pleased with her work, and frankly, we don't know of a single other property owner in town who invests in the flowers we do for their guests enjoyment and pays to have someone come and water them to maintain their beauty.
Finally, the rest of the family wrote an apologetic rebuttal to this member's review, but I don't see it here now.
An Practical Place by the Sea
* Location -- very close to both the beach (South Beach) and the town. It was an easy five minute walk to both. When we went in late June, the beach was not crowded.
* Space -- the house was laid out nicely for a weeklong beach vacation.
* Bikes -- There are probably like 7-10 bikes in the garage. All the bikes worked, but you won't be riding in the Tour de France. They will get you to the beach and back just fine.
* Kayaks -- There are three kayaks for use. We used one and had a blast.
* Yard Space -- there is a great side yard with a basketball court. The kids spent tons of time playing in the yard space.
* Wi-fi -- This is not advertised, but I was glad to have wi-fi that worked well.
* Not luxurious. Clean and functional for sure, but not luxurious. For example, some of the windows did not stay open.
* Outdoor eating space was a bit scant.
* The coach house is really only a sleeping quarters.
Activity and Interests
This is absolutely guaranteed the BEST place in town for active
families/friends to gather! In any season, you can keep happy and
busy at Three by the Sea! In summer there are bikes, kayaks, beach
toys, boogie boards, basketball, badminton and more!
In fall there is biking on our fleet of bikes including two
tandems. The Kal-Haven trail is a 34-mile former rail bed that
begins just one mile from the cottage!
In winter, enjoy the lovely new outdoor ice rink downtown, just 3
blocks from the cottage! Or go sledding (sleds provided) on the
sledding hill just two blocks away!
In spring, again, it's time to ride bikes and take walks and enjoy
the budding flowers.
- Nightly Rate: $200 - $575
Weekly Rate: $2425 - $2925
Monthly Rate: $0 - $0
Season ..........Maggie's Retreat %7C Surfer Joe Apt %7C Sheila's Shack
Mem Day thru Labor Day WEEKLY ONLY ...$1350/week %7C $1075/week %7C $500/week
CALENDAR IS ALWAYS UP TO DATE - PLS CK BEFORE INQUIRING:)
Off Season .. $275/nt. Maggie's Ret; $200/nt. Surfer Joe; $125/nt.
$300 Refundable Security Deposit per unit. Cleaning fee $165.
Deposit is half down, half due 30 days prior to arrival.
- pets not allowed
- 4 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Bathroom 3
- Bathroom 4
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 17
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- A fleet of bikes including tandems, beach cruisers and kids bikes. A Burley to wheel all your things to the beach! Kayaks with pfd's, boogie boards, beach toys and more! A gas grill and a charcoal grill, you choose! There's a basketball half court on the property - a huge favorite! There's a porch with hammock, hanging chair swing from tree (kids love it!), picnic table, patio, deck, 3 car garage. The floor plan is open and friendly. Lots of games and a great library of book club reads. A large farmers table to gather for meals/games. Kitchen is large and suitable for large gatherings. Calphalon pots, KitchenAid blender, etc. Dishwasher, gas stove, fridge, dishes, cutlery, etc. Beds are comfortable with super soft, high thread count sheets. In all we have 5 queen beds, 2 twins, a queen sleeper sofa, full size futon sofa, and a twin size futon sofa. Maggie's Retreat and Surfer Joe both feature brand new washers and dryers.