Here's what one guest wrote us:
"It has been an absolute delight staying, both in San Miguel and this lovely house. It is a rare delight to find a house exactly as described on the internet."
Expansive city and country views from inside as well as from terraces on three levels. The living room has an L-shaped sofa framing the fireplace is a perfect place for conversation, reading, listening to music or watching the good size TV kept tucked away inside an armoire.
The large well-appointed kitchen with black cantera stone counters and dark wood cabinetry is a joy to cook in. Through French doors off the kitchen, an intimate courtyard with a tiled fountain, is perfect for morning coffee.
Upstairs the luxury-sized master suite has a private balcony through
two sets of French doors, two large cushy chairs with an ottoman, walk-in closet/dressing area, en suite master bath with travertine tumbled marble walls, double sinks, soaking tub and separate shower. Wake up to the view of the mountains from bed, or step outside to the balcony to see city views, a hot air balloon taking off, or late evening fireworks at El Jardin!
The second bedroom is smaller but full of charm. It has a good size closet, antique dresser, a bathroom right next door, views of the hills from the windows and block out curtains.
The central area on the second level has a desk, ergonomic chair,
wireless high speed internet hookup, and Vonage US phone, and a growing library of great reading.
The saltillo tile roof terrace has panoramic views of San Miguel & countryside.
Sun-bathe or star-gaze on the chaise lounges.
The huge basement with 20' high ceilings is all white with handsome
columns and has both natural and artificial light, making it a
phenomenal artist's studio, or whatever!
The house is located on a quiet street with no thru traffic in
the peaceful friendly neighborhood of Obraje, right next to El
Centro. Just 5 minute walk to the exciting La Aurora galleries, artist studios, restaurants, antique & designer shops. A 15-20 minute mostly-level charming stroll to El Jardin, passing through a gorgeous old hacienda, by the daily farmers' mercado, the artisans' market and through two other beautiful plazas.
To see more photos of both the casa and San Miguel, contact us for a link to our site.
- Sightseeing in this incredibly culturally rich and architecturally
beautiful colonial Mexican city, now a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Attending live theatre
- Attending classes & workshops in the arts, Spanish, or cooking (Owner can provide lists of Spanish schools)
- Shopping in unique stores full of quality handmade treasures,
clothing, antiques and art.
- Horseback riding
- Swimming at several mineral pool spas in the outlying countryside
- Visiting nearby towns of Pozos, Guanajuato, San Luis Potosi,
Queretaro or Dolores Hidalgo -- San Miguel makes a wonderful home base for exploring the Heartland of Mexico
- Volunteering at any of a number of non-profit organizations if planning a longer stay
- Going on Sunday house tours that benefit a local non-profit
- Dining at great restaurants
- Sitting in El Jardin and enjoying the mariachis and festivities
- Enjoying cocktails at sunset on roof terrace bars (azoteas)
- Retreating to your tranquil casa and enjoying your own magnificent sunset views
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
Feb 1 2014 - Feb 1 2015
7 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Pay by check or Paypal. First half of rental amount paid with reservation; second half paid 45 days prior to rental start date, plus a $350 fully refundable security deposit.
Nov-April & July-August $750/week $1250/two weeks $1650/month
May-June & September-October $500/week $ 850/two weeks $1350 month
Utilities and twice-weekly cleaning service included.