House, 2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, Sleeps 8
Come and stay at this delightful two bedroom-bedroom cutie that
sleeps 5-7 and
is very close to the beach! This non-smoking property is on a very
nice street just two
blocks from the South Beach and only four blocks to downtown
restaurants and shopping!
We cater to the ACTIVE family with a garage full of great
activities: bikes, beach toys, boogie board, gas grill, etc!). We
have a hammock in the shaded back yard with beautiful trees, a
screened-in back porch, great for sleeping, morning coffee and the
newspaper, or entertaining late into the evening! Rinse the sand off in our outdoor shower! It features an
open floor plan, a full-featured kitchen
and hardwood floors. With a new furnace and air conditioner, it is
perfect for year round fun!
Our properties all provide maximum comfort, convenience, and an
emphasis on recreation. Besides the bikes and beach toys, we provide
games and books for rainy days, cable and dvd, and the location is
so ideal that it allows you the freedom to spend your morning at the
beach, afternoon shopping or biking, and evening strolling into town
for dinner, a movie, shopping, whatever! There's so much to see and
EXACTLY AS DESCRIBED!!
About the Owner
We are an active family living in Michigan. We have been in the bicycle business for 28 years, and I grew up in South Haven, two blocks from this cottage. I teach high school English, and our kids are big fans of the big blue lake! We invite you to discover why we love this part-tranquil, part-high energy fun, beach town!
4.6 based on 12 traveler reviews
EXACTLY AS DESCRIBED!!
Wonderful location, with all the amenities!
rode bikes on Saturday, Sunday,and Monday. Lots of fun to just ride and ride up and down the streets and look at all the cute houses. We were also happy to be so close to town and able to walk to shops and restaurants, very little need for our car. The kids took over the loft area, and liked having "their own space". Thanks for your great communication and for allowing us to have a
memory filled weekend in your quaint little town! Our only complaint was that we would have liked to stay longer! But three nights was a good start, next time....a week! Thanks! Patti & Tim
Fun! Fun! Fun!
Nice clean house in South Haven
Huard Family stay July 20
From the Owner
“We bought this cottage because we were out for a walk one day near the beach and discovered this cute little cottage sitting there with the for sale sign out front. We peeked in the windows and noticed that it had a pleasing floor plan, adorable porches, and a sweet little back yard! I was curious about that little window upstairs, however, so with a boost from my husband, (the house was vacant!!), I climbed up to peek inside and discovered there was an attic space that I immediately envisioned would make a fun loft for kids! Some dickering and it was ours! We immediately gutted the kitchen and added a half bath, built a garage to store all of the bikes, boards, beach toys and grill, added a back patio, and the next year, built that loft! We ended up buying the vacant lot next door as well giving us lots of elbow room. We are very happy with this cottage and love coming here every chance we get! We think you will like it, too.”
Activity and Interests
We're two blocks from the South Beach which features a playground, and concession stand; four blocks walk from downtown;
four blocks walk to the Children's Park (GREAT park!); and 2 blocks
to St. Basil's Church.)
We include bikes with helmets, beach toys, and more to keep you
thoroughly active and entertained! The Kal-Haven trail is just over
one mile from the cottage!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Memorial Day Weekend
May 22 2015 - May 25 2015
3 night minimum stay
May 26 2015 - Sep 3 2015
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
Labor Day Weekend
Sep 4 2015 - Sep 7 2015
3 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Property Damage Protection $99.00
- Pet Fee $100.00
- Cleaning Fee $150.00
If we are able to rent the property during your allotted time, you will be reimbursed for any days we were able to book, minus a $100 cancellation fee. We will actively pursue another rental by updating our calendar and calling anyone who requested those dates, once you confirm your cancellation.
From the Owner
“It's the perfect place to read a book, make smores by the fire, make cosmos and play cards on the back porch at night to the sound of the waves nearby, for kids to have their OWN special place up the spiral staircase where they can have full control of their own remote, bean bag chair, games and floor space! Its location allows you to make spontaneous decisions about whether to go downtown or the beach, since both are just a skip down the road. This is a town that will let you simplify, relax, and reconnect. Come here often!!”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Air Conditioning ...
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Garage ...
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Toaster ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Television ...
- Video Library
- Events Allowed
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only ...
- pets considered ...
- wheelchair inaccessible ...
- winery tours
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- ice skating
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- surf fishing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- 1 Bathroom,
- 1 Half Bath
- Outdoor shower - outdoor shower, Hot and cold water, shampoo and soap, right by a clothesline
- 2nd Bath - toilet, A toilet, sink, full length mirror, and room to get ready.
- Full Bathroom, main floor - toilet, tub, shower, Glass bricks in the shower allow light w/privacy!
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Master Bedroom - 1 queen, Charming with closet space, a dresser, and a big mirror.
- Loft bedroom - 3 twin/ single, Kid heaven with a t.v., bean bag chair, and loft living!
- Bicycles ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Golf ...
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Outdoor Grill
- Water Sports Gear ...
- Guests provide their own meals
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website
- Where do I begin?! We packed a LOT of value and amenities into this adorable, well-situated cottage! This non-smoking property is ideal for a family of five or two couples. Sleeping arrangements include 1 queen bed, three twin beds, and one very comfortable queen-sized and one twin-sized futon sofa. There's a garage with bikes, beach toys, a grill, and more! A brand new washer and dryer. Outdoor areas include a beautiful, private shaded back yard with a fire pit and patio, and a screened in back porch with wicker furnishings to enjoy the fresh air and listen to the waves two blocks away. The kitchen is brand new with white cabinets, new stove, microwave and dishwasher. The upbeat FUN design of the place will keep your spirits high! You may not want to leave. We have games, cable t.v. including HBO, etc. (LOTS OF CHANNELS!), a stereo, air conditioning, and great books! We supply sheets, linens, etc. This is a wonderful place!