Cottage, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 12 Sleeps
1657 Manitou Lane
A spacious 2-story cottage that has been completely remodeled. Located in beautiful Yankee Springs Township on Barlow Lake, a private lake 30 minutes South of Grand Rapids and 20 minutes North of Kalamazoo.
Barlow Lake is a quiet, spring-fed, 275 acre lake that is perfect for fishing and all water sports. The lake is labeled as the second cleanest lake in the lower peninsula. Sandy beaches and a sandy lake bottom make this cottage an enjoyable place to spend time with the kids or grandkids. This cottage sleeps 6-12 comfortably and is convienently set up for families with young children.
Enjoy a peaceful, quiet week of fishing or canoeing with one of our boats, and lounging on the shore. This lake is great for all sports and less crowded than any of the public lakes in the area. Located on a quiet road, with a 2-stall garage, this cottage is perfect for the family that wants to spend a week on the water, or for the couple that desires a week away from the bustle of the city.
Perfect Lake Vacation
About the Owner
5 based on 3 traveler reviews
Perfect Lake Vacation
Great location - nice lake
This is a wonderful location for us, for we live in Lansing and the drive was very short.
The only drawback was there is no phone service at the cottage. I was not able to get cell service so I had to go up on the hill about 1/4 mile to get messages or make calls.
Activity and Interests
Barlow Lake is a private All-Sports lake located in the heart of Yankee Springs, adjacent to the more popular Gun Lake. It is great for fishing, jet skiing, wakeboarding and more.
Historic Bowen Mills, a fully functional 1800's mill that produces apple cider, is located on the East shore of lake. Hiking trails, horseback riding, and golf courses are all within a few miles of the lake. Fine and Casual dining are all close by. Car lovers will also enjoy the
Gilmor Car Museum located a short drive away.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 1 2015 - May 31 2015
3 night minimum stay
Summer week now open
Jun 1 2015 - Aug 31 2015
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
Monthly Rate: $1700 - $3000
Please check our availability calendar
Summer weekly rates for 2015:
Additional charges apply for:
* large groups ($20 per adult / $10 per child) 6 each allowed for rental
* use of bed linens($50)
* Pontoon boat ($280)
* Kayaks ($100)
Summer rentals are for full weeks only Saturday to Saturday.
- Sports & Activities
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Lake View
- 2 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower, Downstairs bathroom with tile shower
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, shower, jetted tub, Very large shower with bench, large tub and long counter.
- All new and updated with stone and ceramic tile throughout. Large showers in both bathrooms.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen, Large room with full dresser and closet
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen, 2 twin/ single, Upstairs bedroom overlooking the lake. Has twin trundle bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 queen, 2 twin/ single, 1 sleep sofa /futon, Large bedroom with moveable full-size bed
- Balcony ...
- Boat ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- Air conditioned! Large, fully equipped and functional kitchen with new appliances: - dishwasher - microwave - gas stove /oven - large refrigerator. All utensils, appliances and furniture provided in the cottage. Pontoon Boat available to rent for only $280 for the entire week! Kayaks also available to rent for only $100 / pair! 65' dock Fiberglass canoe Paddle boat Sandy lake bottom and new sea wall with 4' wide concrete top great for lounging lake-side High efficiency Washer and Dryer - Use HE detergent only!! Spacious and comfortable Living Room that overlooks the lake with - Gas fireplace - Digital TV with a DVD/VCR 3 bedrooms - 2 upstairs and 1 downstairs equipped with 3 queen beds, 4 twin beds, 1 portable crib, and a full mattress (floor). 2 Full bathrooms, completely remodeled, one on each floor. The upper bathroom has a large shower with a sitting shelf as well as a jacuzzi tub. The lower bathroom has a spacious shower. Large Dining area 500 sq. ft. deck off the entire back of the cottage with - Deck furniture - Weber gas grill Large 2-stall garage and parking for 2 additional vehicles